Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well with a lot of people.......

Options
  • 15-06-2007 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

finished the exams, do you think you got your first choice. In my circumstances I had one choice, which was arts. I would say I got about 335 to 345 so I need arts to drop by around the same it did last year(360=350)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I reckon I had my course last Tuesday after French, I definately have it now, after exams in 5 subjects.(course is only 355)

Next week will just be a points maximising exercise for no reason but enlarging my ego :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I need 560 if I'm going to go to UCD for Actuarial Studies and possibly an Irish scholarship (interview soon). Its well within range if I get the A1 in physics and an A2 or higher in Economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭blah88

finished the exams, do you think you got your first choice. In my circumstances I had one choice, which was arts. I would say I got about 335 to 345 so I need arts to drop by around the same it did last year(360=350)
    I want to do Arts aswell but I'v been looking at the points requirements for it over the last few years and they've been goin UP aswell as down,some years it was 375!I'd be delighted if it went down cos it's the only place I really want to go.Id say I got around 340ish so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

I need 385 for Marketing,Innovation&technology at DCU ......(it sounded interesting at first)

If all goes as i hope, should get it. Hoping my History will bring me....I got 365 in the mocks and i feel ive done better in French, Maths, Irish and Business and History....prob went gone down in English.

Wont kno till August....Hope you get your Arts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm not finished yet, but up until today I didn't think I had a hope in hell of getting my first choice (~380 - Business Information Systems, UCC) but I think my exams have been going well so far and my strongest subject is yet to come (Economics), so if I can get the A1 that I feel is within my grasp then I'll be in with a decent chance of getting my place, especially if the points drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I need 510, and I think I just about got it, either on first round (510) or second (500..no, not depending on it dropping). My favourite points combination is currently one A2, 4 B1's and a B2..which is 510 exactly, but if I get more A's, which is quite likely, then I can afford a C1, which I think I'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gowranistan

I need either 345 or 450 -not sure which one yet. I'd say i got it comfortably though as the only things that went wrong were the irish essay and that damn linear programming on ordinary maths. Everything else was ok. (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'll get it, so long as I pass my remaining 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kenzolo

need 310 points so i worked it out. i need 4 C3's in honours, a B1 in pass maths and C1 in pass irish which equals to 315 points. but i'll probably get a couple of B's in honours so thats even better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I still have 4 tests to go. But expectin an A1 in Spanish n an A1 in portuguese (i'm fluent at both) i think i'll get my first choice. The tests i've done so far i'm pretty happy with, and i only need 310.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

I dont think i,ll get it. I need 480 (primary teaching in St. Pats) hoping it will drop to 455 like last in year second rounds or else ive no hope. I also ave to het a C3 in irish which is my weakest subject by far. I got 410 in the mocks so hopefully ive come up since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

i dunno if ill get what I want....
    could of done so much better in most of my exams
    just freaking out at the moment that i won't pass french
    i stupidly took the honours paper and was basically freaking out for the whole exam

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well i'm fairly confident so far i've gotten a minimum of 3 B3s and a C1 in honours subjects.....and all I need is 3 B3s and 2 C3s......and my best subject is yet to come, and I hope to get an A in it....so I think i'm pretty safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Dunno, it'll be tight. I need 425, but before I thought there wasn't a hope in hell of getting this. After the exams, I think I might just get it. I'm expecting high 300s, low 400s just so I don't get my hopes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

I need about the 420's (engineering in trinners) but over 1000 less people put it down as first choice so im hoping that it'll drop to a nice 410 which i think im capable of as it stands at the mo!;)

www.cao.ie i think it'll make u feel a good bit better after you read the latest statistics. Well i hope so. I wouldnt wanna make any1 sad:)

where do you find that?

Found it. Oh there is less ppl for nursing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

oh man i really love my life.my course(culinary arts in dit)was 250 last year and its expected to stay the same or even go down again.
    gee i wonder now...do ya think i'll get that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I'm not holding out much hope for my first choice (Psych in Trinity 545 last year) but I SHOULD manage the 500 needed last year to do it in UCD or Maynooth...

Got 500 in the mocks with an A1, A2, 3B2s and a C1... I'm confident I've gone up from that C1 in maths, Hoping for an A1 in Spanish (from a B2) and Irish might go up to a B1... However I don't feel I repeated my A1 in English or my B2 in Art since my history test went horrible... And I should be able to get an A in music again :)

Still got two important exams to go, and perhaps I can pull up my grade in chem or applied maths to something i'll actually count but I'm not to sure... So I'll judge when I finish I guess... I predict 500-520 so if I get psych in UCD or Maynooth I'll be happy :) If I get into Trinity it'll be a miracle haha

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Turnip2000 wrote:
    I need about the 420's (engineering in trinners) but over 1000 less people put it down as first choice so im hoping that it'll drop to a nice 410 which i think im capable of as it stands at the mo!;)

www.cao.ie i think it'll make u feel a good bit better after you read the latest statistics. Well i hope so. I wouldnt wanna make any1 sad:)

Seems like a lot of things have gone up to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭blah88

Anyone care to guess whether Arts in UCD is going up or down?Please it's killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Same, I'm hoping for it to drop I have one more exam left but I'd say i got bout 345/350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I think I'll get mine if two things happen.
    1) Get an A in Latin on Wednesday
    2) History wasn't as diabolical as I had thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

blah88 wrote:
    Anyone care to guess whether Arts in UCD is going up or down?Please it's killing me!
    Less people have applied for Arts this year but <b>more</b> have it as a first choice (13499 this year compared to 13466 last year). Unfortunately CAO don't offer a breakdown by which specific courses have been applied for, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that points will possibly go up or remain static for most courses. It will be interesting to see what the COP will be for UL.

Sources:
    http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/pdf/AppStats01Feb2007.pdf
    http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/pdf/AppStats01Feb2006.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭madnirvana

WOULD I BE ABLE TO get into ENGINEERING IN TRINITY on 445 POINTS??

cuz its the minimum entry points and i thing ill get 445 :confused:

anyone knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭LilyPool

I want to do arts and I think i got at least 400 points so I think I got it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Next week will just be a points maximising exercise for no reason but enlarging my ego :)

Could also be handy if you ended up not liking your course and wanted to change to something with higher points. See, egos have there upsides! ahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hmm, I think I should be ok for my course - Computer Science w/ Arts in UCD! 300 last year and 330 the year before.. will probably stay at 300 this year I'm guessing. But I'm on almost 300 already with 2 more exams left to go, one of which is my best (Music).. so feeling pretty confident! :) I decided to do honours Irish in the end though, so im worried if i don't pass it I could be in hot water!!

madnirvana wrote:
    WOULD I BE ABLE TO get into ENGINEERING IN TRINITY on 445 POINTS??

cuz its the minimum entry points and i thing ill get 445 :confused:

anyone knows?

Yeah, I'd guess that you should be ok but of all the things to be worrying about, now isn't the time to worry about CAO points!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

eZe^ wrote:
    Could also be handy if you ended up not liking your course and wanted to change to something with higher points. See, egos have there upsides! ahahah
    Well yeah, that too.

Advertisement