Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing Belt - How much? 02 Astra

Options
  • 15-06-2007 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests.

How much for it and to fit it?

thanks

k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

if i remeber right with my last astra opel themselves wanted nearly 400 euro that includes replacing water pump, however I got a guy to do in a local garage for 250. do shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Opel main dealers will do it for €370 incl VAT, parts and labour. I think the price is the same for most Opel models. Not that expensive for such an important job i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Same car here, I was told when I bought my car to change the timing belt at 67,000 miles, I am at 59,000 now. Do you think I should get it done before that because I heard its a bitch of an expensive if it snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Nephew wrote:
    Same car here, I was told when I bought my car to change the timing belt at 67,000 miles, I am at 59,000 now. Do you think I should get it done before that because I heard its a bitch of an expensive if it snaps.

What type of car is it? 60k miles is the norm for most cars although I know most opels are 40k miles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

295e in Opel Monaghan and included a replacement car about a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Moanin wrote:
    What type of car is it? 60k miles is the norm for most cars although I know most opels are 40k miles

Its a 2002 1.4 Astra 5 door hatchback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I'm about 99% sure that it should have been done at 40k miles.Ring a main dealer and check it out.I remember a tread on this topic a while back.Do a search also

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think Opel readjusted their recommendation that the timing belt should be changed every 40k miles rather than the previous recommendation of 60k miles.

If in doubt ring an Opel dealer or get it done as soon as possible. The cost of a new timing belt is alot cheaper than the cost a new or rebuilt engine.

Advertisement