Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever heard of Skillground.com?

Options
  • 15-06-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I just saw an add for this on city channel. A game site where you can play all manner of PC games for money. Seems bizarre.

They have a first person shooter, a racing game, some beat em up and one more that I cant remember. You can download the games for free and play them online. If you want then you can "take it to the next level", get a premium account and play for money.

I'm still trying to work out if this is a good thing or not. It sounds like gambling yet they seem to think it's not as the games require "skill" to win.

Currently downloading the FPS they have up. It's free and seems decent enough from the screens so I thought I might give it a go.

Although, this could be my first step into a gambling problem...! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Admitting that though is a step away from a gambling problem though, so you're about even for the time being ;)

Im sure the games are their own, which immediately makes me think they're gonna be pants, but you never know ;) Let us know how you get on with it anyway..

(Id also imagine the 'trial' mode you're playing is gonna be piss easy to lead you in to buying a premium acct etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thought it was going to be pants. Turns out, it's not. Just gave "Warpath" a go. (Against some bots mind you, so yes, it WAS piss easy..can play it online for free. Doesn't seem to be any players online at the moment though) It's a sci fi FPS. Feels like Unreal T mixed with Quake 3 and a bit of Halo. Actually, it's quite good. Looks nice too. It's a proper game. Not the usual muck you'd see on a site like that.

Going to download the other FPS now and see what it's like. The place only opened properly on the 1st of June. Be interesting to see if it takes off or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The stupid registering system keeps thinking my passwords don't match (when obviously they do). I'll try again later when it doesn't annoy me so much.

And afaik, Digital Extremes came out with Warpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The whole system they have at the moment is really annoying. Should make a client for it rather than have it running from the website.

Played the other FPS. It's complete rubbish. I can't even remember the name of it.

Warpath is good though. Definitely worth the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Did anyone else give it go???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Im bored so im downloading warpath now ;) ill report back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Had a very quick look at it last night, but by the time it had finished downloading and extracting and whatever else it was fairly late.

Am i missing something or is it mainly 1 v 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I tried out the site, downloaded the game Warpath.. its an FPS game.. and the servers are based over on the East Coast US, so you'll get a 120 - 200 ping during the games. Doesn't matter too much, the game is a pretty ****ty FPS shooter, you just start with all the guns and shoot the other guys..

I entered a tourney on Friday and won myself $250 dollars, not sure how often those big tourneys come along though, if you're a decent FPS gamer you could probably start doing pretty well after a few hours of playing the game..

Advertisement