Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to sell tickets?

• 15-06-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭

Due to a friends death I cannot make a concert which is happening very soon. Is there anywhere I can sell these online? I'm not looking to profit at all from the sale.

edited: thanks AlmightyCushion for highlighting that

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Not allowed to sell tickets on adverts anymore :(

incorrect/irrelevant link for...Sonos...wtf? </K>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ooops, my bad.

Buy & Sell or the local rag so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ebay

Gumtree.ie
    everything.ie
    Not sure how many people use these sites though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Whoever the tickets are for ! Visit their fan web site should be able to fog them their...;)

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote:
    Ebay

Gumtree.ie
    everything.ie
    Not sure how many people use these sites though.
    Thought you couldn't sell tickets on ebay anymore?
    Will give gumtree a go, thanks for all your help guys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fletch wrote:
    Thought you couldn't sell tickets on ebay anymore?

Technically you can't but there are ways around that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

#Elites wrote:
    eh? its perfectly legal/allowed to sell tickets on eBay unless its for tickets like Glastonbury.

I thought they stopped the sales. Oh well my bad.:o

Wow gumtree is good! Sold the tickets within about 5 minutes of puttin the ad up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

According to a bbc news report about glastonberry tickets:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6753241.stm

A spokeswoman for eBay said: "Concert and festival tickets are generally allowed to be sold on eBay.

"However, we make it clear on our site to both buyers and sellers that some event tickets may have terms printed on them which may limit the ability of the original buyer to sell them to other people.

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    Wow gumtree is good! Sold the tickets within about 5 minutes of puttin the ad up! :)

Nice one. Did you get a good price for them?

Nice one. Did you get a good price for them?
    Well I pretty much gave them away to be honest but I don't care. A college mate of mine died while on holidays last weekend and I've to attend his removal so I would feel guilty profiting under the circumstances. I sold each of them for €15 under book value.

fletch wrote:
    Well I pretty much gave them away to be honest but I don't care. A college mate of mine died while on holidays last weekend and I've to attend his removal so I would feel guilty profiting under the circumstances. I sold each of them for €15 under book value.

It's just you said in your op that you were looking to profit from it.

Yeh I didn't profit from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I'm pretty sure that was a typo, judging by the grammar used.

6ix wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that was a typo, judging by the grammar used.

Yeah after re-reading it I see what your saying. It didn't occur to me at the time (must be getting old). The OP reply to my last post just confused me more. :D

Yeah after re-reading it I see what your saying. It didn't occur to me at the time (must be getting old). The OP reply to my last post just confused me more. :D
    Sorry original post corrected. I can see how my reply would have been confusing alright :)

fletch wrote:
    Sorry original post corrected. I can see how my reply would have been confusing alright :)

For a while there I thought I was in bizzaro world :) I'm glad you managed to sell the tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm just glad it had a happy ending after all :')

Advertisement