Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cesaria Evora at Galway Art Festival

• 15-06-2007 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

I guess this could be more classified as world music or latin, but wanted to highlight this gig. 23rd July in Galway. I became familiar with this lady from Cape Verde when working in West Africa, and had the chance to see her perform once in Angola.

The music and her voice are fantastic. While her stage persona may be less than friendly - no smiles, chain smoking, bare feet - it is worth going for the voice alone.

She's probably not going to be around to long, so take the chance while you can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Man i wished the lineup was better this year, the bad plus last year blew my mind but there's nothing remotely similar this year. Hope the Galway jazz festival is a bit better this year to make up for it.

At least this sounds good though plus that bluesey hobo guy:D I'll hopefully make it

Advertisement