Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not ideal preperation

• 15-06-2007 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just like some advise or view on the following:

Due to work commitments I'm heading to Malaysia again this weekend for two weeks and arrive back just seven days prior to the Achill half marathon. Not ideal preperation it might be said.
    Anyway I'm hoping to get around in under 1:38 (Did my first half in Connemara in 1:42 in April) and my training has been going well, from mixture of speed work and long runs at the weekend - I'm planning a 12 miler tomorrow at HMP.
    Anyway due to the excessive heat and humidity my only chance of long runs may be 4 -6 mile before dawn if I'm lucky.
    There is a gym in the hotel but I don't fancy the treadmill option
    My question would these shorter runs be sufficient to get me round in Achill to reach my goal and as I arrive back at the start of my taper week would a 10 miler run be recommended then to get me on track?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

I think you'll be fine. You say your training has been going well and you have being doing your ling runs at the weekend. 2 weeks of between 4-6 miles won't hinder your long runs at all. I was out injured for 2 weeks and was fine when I got back. I would do the 10 mile run when you get back easy.
    Doing achill myself and looking forward to it.
    Enjoy malaysia.
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It sounds ok to me, personally I always fine something interfers with my prep work so don't work about it too much. I would go with the ten miler it will give you a psych boost if nothing else. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement