Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What PDA to get? - Newbie

• 15-06-2007 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of getting a PDA because I have missed meetings etc. lately and need to access e-mail on the move.

With Vodafone - and thinking of some of their Bill Pay PDAs wih 3G access.

But what about Dell Axims/HP PDAs??

Basically I need a diary function/e-mail/web browser. It would be nice if it also had a phone and perhaps sat nav too.

HELP!!!!

Slumped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

slumped wrote:
    Hi All,

Thinking of getting a PDA because I have missed meetings etc. lately and need to access e-mail on the move.

With Vodafone - and thinking of some of their Bill Pay PDAs wih 3G access.

But what about Dell Axims/HP PDAs??

Basically I need a diary function/e-mail/web browser. It would be nice if it also had a phone and perhaps sat nav too.

HELP!!!!

Slumped

vodafone's version of the htc tytn the (v1205 iirc) might suit you. it's the only pda-phone with 3g from vf I know of tbh. it also has a slider keyboard.

none of the dell axims have phone functionality. the connectivity axims offer is wifi (to connect at wifi hotspots) and bluetooth which allows you to connect to internet/email via a separate bluetooth mobile phone.

hp ipaqs are also mostly pdas ie without phone functionality.
    however the ipaq 6515/6915 have phone functionality allowing internet/email over gprs. these devices also have gps.

the ipaq 6828 is the other hp pda-phone but a more discrete device- same device as the o2 xda atom.
    no gps though.

vf don't do any of the ipaq pda-phones though afaik.

if you're mostly concerned about email and not worried about browsing or adding 3rd party apps a blackberry might suit you.

as for gps-enabled pda-phones/smartphones you could look at the htc artemis (aka orbit) or nokia n95. neither with vf though atm afaik.

Advertisement