Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dying hair

• 15-06-2007 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

I've got dark brown almost black hair and I'm wondering if there would be any point in using a dark blue hair dye. Would it be noticable at all or would it require light to shine on it to see it properly.
    I'd love something like this:
    http://www.velverse.com/img/2007/january/bluehair.jpg

obviously without turning oriental (:D). Is this possible with the normal kits you get in boots or places like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I might be wrong but I believe to get that effect as in the picture you have to bleach the hair first to a white blonde and then put the blue in. If you just put blue into dark hair you won't see it except for when light directly shines on it - and even then it would be just be a hint of colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

would there be a chance of my hair going the legendary (and horrible) green from bleaching it and colouring it soon after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

I've had dark blue streaks in my blond hair before, the problem is the dye fades out very quickly from bleached hair cos it's so porous, so you'll end up with a faded bluey-lilac or blue-greene (depending on the blue dye) as the dye fades out or you have to keep on dying it.

About the bleaching/dying thing - mine was bleached and dyed at the same session in the hairdressers and nothing went green!

That photo looks photoshopped too, that mightn't be an acheiveble result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

If you're able go to House Of Colour in Dublin, I've been bleaching and colour my hair mad colours for years and it does fade and go orange or lilac or grey or whatever quite quickly but I got i done professioinaly recently and it's lasting really well

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

katiemac wrote:
    You're so VAIN.
    First it was how to rid yourself of excess nose hair, now it's dyeing your hair.
    Who cares?
    Incidentally, there is no such thing as black hair. It's dark brown.

Rember young lad, it is the personality we look for , definately not looks. And absolutely no vanity.
    To paraphrase a recent chick-flick: That's really what this forum is all about anyway isn't it. Inner beauty.

Rolleyes for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

katiemac wrote:
    You're so VAIN.
    First it was how to rid yourself of excess nose hair, now it's dyeing your hair.
    Who cares?

Rember young lad, it is the personality we look for , definately not looks. And absolutely no vanity.

Says the one who's obsessed with wellies :rolleyes:

What ever you do OP, get it done professionally. It could turn out nasty if you try do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

katiemac wrote:
    You're so VAIN.
    Who cares?

What forum do you think this is? It's fashion & appearance, not "Nice personalities and inner beauty".

How you look is an extension of your personality anyway. I wouldn't go out with the most hilarious girl in the world if she was caked in dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

you dont have to bleach your har first theres lots of these dyes (look in boots) that you can put straight on over dark brown haor have done it myself before it can look cool your hair looks black but also has a blue hue off it. I think wella shock waves does a semi / temporary one. Only thing I found was that it made me look pale and its hard to match your clothes to it. Also, be careful you dont get any dye on your face and hands...i looked like a smurf!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I've been oppressed :(

Advertisement