Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hanley wrote: »
    Haha I passed my test on Monday morning at around 10 and was on my way to Belfast by 12!!

Congrats you wasted no time pumping out the miles.
    You are not legally allowed to drive on the motorway until you receive your full license.

Has anyone in the history of the state been successfully charged and prosecuted for driving on a motorway during the interm of waiting for their full license in the post?

It may be a law, but it is like one of those crazy laws, like your not allowed ride a bull backwards naked on a sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Boggles wrote: »
    Congrats you wasted no time pumping out the miles.

Has anyone in the history of the state been successfully charged and prosecuted for driving on a motorway during the interm of waiting for their full license in the post?

It may be a law, but it is like one of those crazy laws, like your not allowed ride a bull backwards naked on a sunday.

Your opinion on the law does not change the fact that it is illegal to drive on the motorway without a full license. A certificate of competency is not a full license.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Yay! I really wasn't sure which way it was going to go but I wasn't too nervous, I should have been though, I have only been driving just over a month.

The route was great, it was actually most of the way that I drive to work so I knew it well.

I'm so excited to get stopped by a guard and show the cert/licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Boggles wrote: »

This is a very serious law...:D

Best of Luck NiSmO....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Congrats - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raineljm

Passed my test in Tyrrelstown last july 7. My first time ever to take a driving test so I was so delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

Passed my test today in Shannon...

YAHOO! I ripped down the L's immediately! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Passed mine today! Absolutely chuffed!

Failed first time round for 'coasting' (being on my clutch too early) and I was pretty pissed that that was the reason given.

On a serious buzz though now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 annabel

Hi I passed On Thursday in Baldoyle . I was delighted as my provisional license expired same day , so it was great to be getting a full one one . No more tests or pre - Tests!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

annabel wrote: »
    No more tests or pre - Tests!!!
    Congratulations - the learning really begins now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Passed after third time at SGS Little Island (Cork)! Couldn't believe it had actually happened at first even though I was well prepared :D Which leads me on nicely to strongly strongly recommend to anyone prepared for a test reading this that they get some pre-test lessons from a good instructor.

I know it made the world of difference to me and I should have taken that advice in advance of the my first two attempts! :rolleyes: Best of luck to everyone going for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Hey
    I passed yesterday in SGS finglas.

driving 5 years and first time doing the test. Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Passed yesterday 2 mistakes, Pure nerves,
    Passed in The RSA in Tallaght at 4.30pm , traffic was mental, Been driving a year and a half,
    Am over the moon, yippee :)

R

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BDW

Passed this morning at 9:30
    made 3 little mistakes but not bad for a 17 year old with only a few months driving experience (I hope)

I may not have posted much in this forum but have done a lot of reading and owe quite a bit of thanks to the members of this forum, cheers for the tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

I passed in Blackrock (CORK) SGS yesterday at 4pm woohoo!!!

I definitely recommend getting lessons to anyone who is going for their test. If you are not already taking lessons by the time you get your test date then getting them should be the first thing on your mind.

If anyone wants the name and number of a really really really excellent instructor in Cork who covers all the test centres then pm me and I will pass on his details. (For anyone looking at this thread who has not passed and is merely here for a look).

He was recommended to me and he was brilliant. So far only one of his students has failed (apparently she only took one lesson which was the night before her test).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FiddlersElbowfi

Havent posted in this forum but have been reading it over last few weeks so just to say, passed today with RSA in Skibbereen!!
    Been driving for a while without having some basics right but took maybe three or four lessons round the route in weeks leading to test and was huge help obviously. Ended up with five grade 2s, which isnt perfect of course but got me through anyways. One for observation moving off, another for right of way at junction, two for acceleration which I cant figure out, and one for my hillstart which was bloody awful - I wouldnt mind but Im hugely comfortable on hillstarts, I just zoned out for that second I think, and ended up rolling back a little, had to do a second time. Thought that might have been that, but in fairness, I think everything else i did was spot on - reversing and turnaround were as perfect as can be. So I guess the lesson is, if you make a mess of one of these things, dont panic, its only one fault against you, unless you really stuff up!
    Anyway, a relieved man now.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Never ever thought i'd be posting here !!!! Passed today in Limerick 1st attempt!!!!! So nervous honestly thought i'd failed . When Tester told me I'd passed, started crying!!! Morto!!!!! He said I'm too tough on myself. Thanks so so so much to everyone on boards for all tips etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 urban-angel1

kittycati wrote: »
    Never ever thought i'd be posting here !!!! Passed today in Limerick 1st attempt!!!!! So nervous honestly thought i'd failed . When Tester told me I'd passed, started crying!!! Morto!!!!! He said I'm too tough on myself. Thanks so so so much to everyone on boards for all tips etc :D

Well done girlie!!!!! Bet your so glad its over and done with :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kittycati wrote: »

Congrats! You kept your calm and did it. Hats off to ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

2nd time doing the test and passed today at SGS near Tougher's in Naas. 8 grade 2 faults<SNIP>. I knew it was gonna be really close, wouldn't have been surprised at all if he had've failed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

How many Grade 2 Faults Can one Have?? could you please tell me what kinda faults they were:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pub07 wrote: »
    wouldn't have been surprised at all if he had've failed me.
    'He' wouldn't have failed you - you would have failed you! ;) Congratulations. :)
    How many Grade 2 Faults Can one Have?
    Presumably you mean -
    how many grade 2 faults can one have before failing?
    It depends.

4 or more of the same grade 2 faults for a single aspect. (e.g. positioning when turning left x 4).

6 or more of the same grade 2 faults under the same heading. (e.g. positioning in general x 6).

9 or more grade 2 faults overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Delighted to be able to post here today.

Passed my test this morning in SGS Newbridge
    Was my first test and I got only 1 grade 2 and no grade 1's. Really delighted:pac:

Didnt post much pretest, but all the little tips have been very helpful so thanks very much.

once again

woohoo :P
    \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Passed today in Dundalk! Only got two grade 2 faults! Would recommend doing test early in the morning as I did mine at 8 and it was great because there was no traffic! Thanks for all the tips guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Passed in Fonthill last week. No grade 2 or 3 faults. only 1 grade 1 fault. delighted

although after such a good test a felt a bit silly failing it with 11 grade 2 a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Passed today in Drogheda with only 2 grade 2's, failed 3 months ago with 9 grade 2's four for gears and a Grade 3... had same tester today was soooooo nervous only one doing test at that time but delighted now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Passed on my second attempt in SGS Newbridge today. Three grade 2s, all down to nerves. Its much better than failing with 15 grade 2s last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I just passed first time in SGS Blackrock. I did get four level 2's althogher for obs(2),pos and and mirror stopping but I don't mind! I passed!

Advertisement