Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Just passed in pottery rd. Very pleased with how it went. Tester put me at ease, not harsh at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

just passed in raheny! delighted, then hauled ass up to ballymun for licence:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Passed my test in Finglas yesterday.

I almost wasn't allowed to take the test, just before we were about to head out the tester noticed that my insurance disc had a C in the place where there should have been a D in the reg number. He sat into the car with me and told me how he was going to have to cancel the test, that I would have to reapply. Naturally I was devastated and was practically begging the poor man to do something, to schedule me in for another test, anything. Eventually I said to him that I'd drive to my insurance company, get a new disc and sit in the waiting room for the rest of the day, just in case someone didn't show up.

After that he said he'd make a call to see what he could do, he came back and said that if I could get a new certificate and be back by 12.55 that he'd allow me to take the test. So I raced from Finglas to Hatch Street in town to get my new disc, took me over an hour and a half so I thought I was running out of time but thankfully, I made it back and the tester took me back upstairs where we started the test again.

The guy was so, so sound. He said to me, 'I hope you have a good memory' and proceeded to ask me the exact same questions that he had asked earlier that day.

Eventually we got out on the road, reverse around the corner was one of the first things I had to do. This was never my strong point, despite the fact that I can reverse into parking space and my own driveway no bother, this simple turn always stumped me. Anyway I nailed it so that definitely lifted my spirits for the rest of the test.

Ended up getting one grade one for lane changing. I knew as I did it that I had done it wrong so wasn't complaining about it.

The tester said it was the closest to a clean sheet that he had in a very long time so I was delighted to hear that!!

Going to send away the form today for my full license now today!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

:eek:
    What a legend!
    Congrats by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

:eek:
    What a legend!
    Congrats by the way.

I know, tell me about it. I couldn't thank him enough when he agreed to reschedule for later that day.

So glad it's finally over, I think I might have gone mad if I had to wait another few weeks for a test over something so silly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Passed in Deansgrange today, first attempt after only about 10 hours driving experience :)

Three siblings, all three passed first time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 N.E.R.D

Passed in SGS in Tullamore today. over the moon about it! First Time and all.... :eek:

Tester was grand..put me to ease.. got rid of the nerves before hand..route grand and no "under the hood" work either..

Congrats everyone!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Passed today in Churchtown, Dublin, 3rd time lucky! Had the loveliest tester, an older man. He only gave me 2 grade 2's and a grade 1. Very happy as I felt I deserved to pass two weeks ago when I did my last test, so glad to get it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Well done Pythia! It's such a nice feeling to finally pass, especially if you felt the last test should have gone your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

Mimi3637 wrote: »
    v. pleased and even more pleased that Quinn Direct are giving me back 200 clams.

Wait one second.... If I pass my test Quinn Direct will give me BACK money?

• Advertisement

AnotherYou wrote: »
    Wait one second.... If I pass my test Quinn Direct will give me BACK money?

Yes, once you have a full license you are deemed less of a risk than those on a learner permit, so less of a premium. If say, you paid a full years insurance and passed your test after 6 months, you'd be entitled to an amount back as the circumstances have changed. Mind you the amount you get back varies, i got very little back after passing my test.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

Wow. More incentive as if I needed it.

Sorry for straying from the topic but Im sure other people wont know about this and will look here after passing.

Cheers alanstrainor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Just passed in Skibbereen, first time. Had the nicest tester EVER. Wooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tweedle_dum

Passed today in dundalk, 1st time, my 6 months is just up!

Went well, 3 grade 2's overall, so was happy with that :)

Had about 6 lessons overall - all in the last 2 weeks, am delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Passed in rsa Cavan. I was actually dreading doing the test at an rsa centre.

Failed previously in sgs Cavan mainly due to observation. This time I almost never stopped moving my head. Seemed to do the trick. Some marks against me on progress at two junctions.
    Thank the heavens that this roadblock in life is over and done with. Anyone that hasn't made it yet, you will sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redpaulyd

Hi All,

I just passed My test in The RSA in Finglas on thursday...I got three grade two's to say Im over the moon is a understatement ha,ha-Fourth time lucky for me failed twice in SGS IN SWORDS....But thank god I finally passed....the tester in Finglas was very nice and made me feel at ease straight away.Thanks to everybody who passed on great tips and advice to me.esp wishbone ash

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

redpaulyd wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just passed My test in The RSA in Finglas on thursday...I got three grade two's to say Im over the moon is a understatement ha,ha-Fourth time lucky for me failed twice in SGS IN SWORDS....But thank god I finally passed....the tester in Finglas was very nice and made me feel at ease straight away.Thanks to everybody who passed on great tips and advice to me.esp wishbone ash
    Great news - congratulations! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi,
    I passed in dun laoghaire on thursday. 3rd time lucky for me. I only had 1 grade two which was good considering i had around 15 on my 2nd attempt. The big differnce this time was i had 3 pre tests so i was pretty confident going into the test and wasnt really nervous.I cant even remember the tester writing anything down during the test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

+1 today in Navan. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I already posted on my very own thread but want to be part of this 'passed' gang too. :)
    Passed yesterday in Cork. Was such a relief! Did my test in 2002, 2003 and then quit. Said I was going to be provisional driver forever. But I did it.
    It was really strange though. Yer man helped me with the questions (gave tiny hints) then didn't even open the clipboard for the whole journey. He laughed at my reversing skills and gave me a blank sheet to take home where usually I would have had 20 grade 2s. Supposed I shouldn't complain but it struck me as odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

:)
    I passed in Churchtown today.
    Can't believe it. I thought it went bad.

Zamboni wrote: »
    :)
    I passed in Churchtown today.
    Can't believe it. I thought it went bad.

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Congrats

Cheers Alan :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

dory wrote: »
    Yer man helped me with the questions (gave tiny hints) then didn't even open the clipboard for the whole journey.
    My friend who (failed) her test yesterday said the examiner had a clipboard but didn't use it and was marking on a little mechanical thingy, like a small handheld computer or something. Is this common?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Caderyn wrote: »
    My friend who (failed) her test yesterday said the examiner had a clipboard but didn't use it and was marking on a little mechanical thingy, like a small handheld computer or something. Is this common?
    Yes. From what I read here, I think it's called a 'palm pilot' or something like that.

palm1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi all

I passed in Mullingar on friday :D. 5th time lucky for me. I only had 5 grade two's which was good considering i had around 15 on my 4th attempt. Still can't belive it.

dasa29

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I know it'd be nice to get it first time but passing on the fifth attempt must make it so much sweeter. Well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

*space reserved for tomoro* **

**Fingers crossed haha!

Best of luck.:pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thanks man, really prepared for this so I hope I can pass it lol!

Advertisement