Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

just home from the test! Passed :D I was so nervous getting the lesson before hand but surprised how easy the test was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    just home from the test! Passed :D I was so nervous getting the lesson before hand but surprised how easy the test was!!

Congrats.. It's a great relief alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Folks,

I passed thier this morning. The tester was very friendly not like the last test I did which I failed. Anyway gald its over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 neegie

Passed my test first try today!!!! I is happy!!! Was convinced I'd failed, should've seen my face when he said congrats, I'd say i looked priceless!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Yay I also passed today , Stalled the car in the parking lot but only because he told me to stop to talk to a person who turned up 2 and a half hours early for his test , he said he saw nothing , sound chap , wooo:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Congratulations on passing your tests everyone.:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

papu wrote: »
    Yay I also passed today , Stalled the car in the parking lot but only because he told me to stop to talk to a person who turned up 2 and a half hours early for his test , he said he saw nothing , sound chap , wooo:cool:
    He could hardly mark you up for it as it wasn't part of the test. Congrats though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Hey...

I passed last Thuesday morning.... Just one grade 2 is all I had. Delighted, such a relief to have it sorted!!! Now to send off for that pink piece of paper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

xeroshero wrote: »
    Hey...

I passed last Thuesday morning.... Just one grade 2 is all I had. Delighted, such a relief to have it sorted!!! Now to send off for that pink piece of paper! :D

Congrats, 1 grade 2, harsh! you should have asked for a recount. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

papu wrote: »

I stalled the car just as I was parking at the end, I hoped it hadn't failed me! Luckily it was only my second grade 2. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Just passed out in shannon. No marks at all! So chuffed.

-Funk

funk-you wrote: »
    Just passed out in shannon. No marks at all! So ****ing chuffed.

-Funk
    Congratulations, thats a great result.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Passed yesterday in Raheney :)
    Some relief especially as I thought I messed up my reverse around corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Passed, at last. Third time applying, first time siting the test.

Was about 3 mins late for the first one and the tester would'nt
    let me take it. Second time i was getting married that day so it got
    pushed to one side. Third time i'm all set took two pre-tests, studied
    the rule of the road, just about to go into the test centre and my
    instructor points out that on my insurance disc the reg has one extra
    letter I.E 02LK**** insted of 02L****. That was it i had enough it's
    not ment to be. I pulled myself togother and said i'd take a chance
    as it was pissing rain and he might not check it, the instructor said i
    did'nt have a chance of geting away with it. Gess what HE DID'NT CHECK
    IT, Whoo Hoo flew through the test got 1 or 2 minor ticks but passed
    I'M frickin delighted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I passed!!!

First time, did it in Tallaght SGS Centre. Got a lovely man, friendly enough guy!

3 faults for progress but that was it!

I'm so happy! :D:D:D

fonpokno wrote: »
    I passed!!!

First time, did it in Tallaght SGS Centre. Got a lovely man, friendly enough guy!

Congratulations, fonpokno, great result.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I passed last Thursday in Swords. Such a weight off my shoulders.
    The tester was very friendly with a bit of personality unlike a certain <SNIP> test centre....anyway only got 2 grade 1s and they were on questions but a clean sheet on driving.

Very happy...best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

fonpokno wrote: »
    I passed!!!

Congratulations!
    First time also.
    Just passed too in SGS Tallaght too. Close run thing, I bumped the kerb on the reversing round corners, but didn't panic too much. Relieved its over, was sure I failed and before I was going in, was sure I was going to fail. Weirdly, that helped me relax, because I figured what the hell, there'll be other chances, not the end of the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Passed this morning in SGS Killarney!:D:D:D. 2nd Time doing it. 2 faults only do i'm over the moon.

Tester was sound out and was much more welcoming that <SNIP> i had on my last test. We even had chat after about driving instructors. Still Cant believe it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

passed yesterday in Raheny! got five Grade 2 faults for "progress" though the examiner was a cranky old man who was very begrudging about passing me. "it was by the skin of your teeth" he muttered with a frown, "one more fault and you wouldn't have got it"

not exactly well done congratulations or anything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chaotic_vr

Passed the other day in airside in swords. 2 grade 1 faults. absolutely delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NieveC

Hi.

Passed today :-) in Pottery Road.

Third time lucky.

First time (Churchtown) I was too inexperienced.
    Second time (Rathgar) I freaked out and drove so badly the tester brought me back to the test centre because of my dangerous driving. It took a while get get over and bring myself to do the test again.
    Third time (Pottery Road today) I passed 1 x Grade 1 and 2 x Grade 2.
    Tester was really nice.

So for anyone that is freaking out (which I was)...
    1. Get yourself a good instructor (message me if you want the name of mine). I've been through 4 instructors and the lastest one was the best by far.
    2. Practice and learn the routes.
    3. Stay calm ...I went to the Chinese Medicine store and got some herbs which appeared to do the trick. I don't know if they actually work but I didn't freak out before or during which was the main thing.
    4. Don't rush the test. It's better to be safe and get marked for hesitancy than sorry than get marked for a dangerous driving.

It is easy to pass but it is also easy to fail.

Oh and remember there are a lot worse things than the driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Well done NieveC, I have mine in Pottery Road tomorrow at 1pm so I hope I'll have the same story to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dhaga

Just done it about an hour ago in Tallaght SGS, got 3 grad 2's and 3 grade 1's. Well chuffed, had a lad called <SNIP>, very nice, put me at ease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

qz wrote: »
    Well done NieveC, I have mine in Pottery Road tomorrow at 1pm so I hope I'll have the same story to tell.

did mine there last week, testers name was <SNIP>, sound bloke!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Passed at last in Bray :), got four grade ones and two grade two's :). Thought i had failed as i was doing the test at the same time as another person and they left before me and i came back earlier.

Was my third time doing the test and id agree with what NieveC has said. I went through 3 instructors before my last and instantly i could see the difference as my instructor actually cared about me passing than the usual 40euro an hour (anyone wants his name PM me, he does Wicklow area ).

The only thing i disagree with NieveC and it has been said on this forum before is learn how to drive regardless of the situation. You can rely heavily on an assumed test route, that may not happen and you will end up being out of your comfort zone which could through you off your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Passed mine first time round this morning.I dont think I was as nervous as that in my life, but I just about held it together.I got 4 grade 1's for obsersavtion and a hazard and 3 grade 2's for indicating too late and progression.

I was lucky as the test was on at a great time ( 10 am ) and the streets were very quiet, if it had been lunch time it would have been alot more difficult.

Questions were grand I thought, usual when can you overtake on the left, dipped headlights etc, I got one wrong and he didnt mark me for it, which was sound.

Most important thing is definitely to keep looking in your mirrors every 6 or 7 secs while driving and giving plenty of glances over each shoulder when doing the 3 point turn and reversing around the corner.
    Its an easy test to pass, but also easy to fail.If you answer the questions at the start and make a real effort with your observation for hazards other cars, people etc, you have it half passed already.

Oh yeah I rang my insurance company as well.I told them I passed the test and they are giving me €300 back.

Is that good or stingy?

21 male, 1.3 litre car, payed €1400 for insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kazkiely

Passed! First time this morning in Mallow RSA. :) I did a pre-test Saturday and had 5 automatic fails :O But only got three blues and one green and two of the blues were on the way into the test centre!

So happy! :D The guy was nice so I was actually not at all nervous. It really makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

Passed this morning in SGS Limerick. Was really nervous before it. Got 3 grade 2's. Delighted about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Passed mine on Saturday afternon at half 2 in SGS IN carlow. Delighted!! Only started driving in September :D I got 3 grade 2 marks for been too observant!! He said I was looking in my mirrors so much that if a car in front of me had suddenly stopped I wouldnt have the reaction time to stop!! had a driving lesson before hand and went to bits during it, i hit the curb doing my reverse around a corner!! Glad everything went wrong during the lesson and not the test!!!

Advertisement