Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Just passed first time in Baldoyle. The instructor was lovely- really put me at ease. :) Got one grade 2 mark for not taking an opportunity to go on a big right turn. Over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Passed first time...The relief is imeasurable. The instructor wasnt too full of praise but a pass is a pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Surely you mean examinor?
    Congrats, but i wouldn't be expecting a massive amount of praise from your examiner...

Surely you mean examinor?
    Congrats, but i wouldn't be expecting a massive amount of praise from your examiner...

Dont call me surely :pac: Yeah of course I mean the examinator! She was a harsh mistress, harsh but fair.

My instructor had pointed out that I had picked up some bad clutch habits, and that the examiner was particularly particular about clutch/gear control so I was up against it from the word go.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Passed yesterday, only 2 blues! Did the test in Dundalk, it flew, the whole test was only 30 minutes!
    I was also taken a route I've never been down before!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

passed this morning first time around and i am delighted. I avoided doing it since i was 17, now 27 and it that time I let it become some big ugly monster in my head, when in fact all you have to do is keep the head for 40 minutes and you are elected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Congratulations- It's a great feeling eh! Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Passed yesterday 1st time doing the test and only started driving recently. I had 2 examiners in the car (not fun!), when they told me I taught that was the end of it. Anyhow as the roads were still a bit icy I was glad they still were doing tests.

Had a pre test that morning with the best instructor ever! You know that VW TV ad my instructor is just that good!

Came across an electric wheelchair coming up to a corner like wtf do you do!

Did my test in SGS Tallaght, got 2 grade's 1 and 3 grade's 2. When I got out of the car and they brought me up stairs I was convinced I failed. He said it so causally "you have passed"! Brilliant system they have thought these pdas keep track of your marks and before you get up to the room your results have been printed of the printer it is so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

third time lucky :)..nearly perfect test score from SGS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

hi all, first time posting in this forum but i found it a great help in the last few weeks when was preparing for my test.
    passed first time round with sgs this morning, absoultely thrilled, still in shock!:D only driving since july! woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

just passed!

3 grade 2's (one for hitting the curb on the reverse around the corner)
    and
    3 grade 1's

it was my first time, was in bray with sgs

wooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

i just passed in sgs bray too! i was cacking it, but the tester was really sound, put me completely at ease, im buzzin now! got 3 grade ones, in roundabout signals, observing at roundabouts, and because i waved to some guy to go ahead(beckoning). i also got 2 grade 2s, one for turnabout observation, and another for overtaking signals!

off to the beach house!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Congratulations! :)
    rg2007 wrote: »
    because i waved to some guy to go ahead(beckoning) her
    :eek: :eek: :eek: That used to be an automatic failure in the old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

kateos2 wrote: »
    just passed!

3 grade 2's (one for hitting the curb on the reverse around the corner)

Lucky, I thought that was an automatic fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Lucky, I thought that was an automatic fail?

same, well i just barely touched it, had to go forward though to fix it,
    all the times i practiced it and that was the first time i ever hit the curb!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Its a grade 2 if you hit the kerb but a grade 3 if you mount the kerb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Ohh it was just a graze.Thats nothing, I thought you thumped it :pac:

Well done on passing the test, the relief is unbelievable isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Knix

Hi all,
    I passed my test on Friday in SGS Galway, WOOHOOOOO!!!! So thrilled!! Thanks so so much for all the advice on here, I have been reading all the posts on this site for the last few months and it's been such a help!
    No more lessons, yaaay!!!
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Congrats Knix!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Passed my test today first time round in SGS Dun Laoghaire delighted with myself only had two pre tests beforehand so was a little worried but wasn't half as bad as i thought it was going to be!! Only a few grades aswell so really delighted with how it went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mirrorwriter

I'm so happy that I passed at Dun Laoghaire SGS today. Honestly think I drove better last time when I failed.

Was doing great - convinced I'd made it - till I had an incident at the second last junction when I was sure he'd give me a red.

He took me in to the office and said congratulations. after my little victory dance on the floor I said 'I was sure that I had stuffed it just at the end there' and he goes 'well......you did a bit...(some advice)... I'm going to leave it with you'. I must have just kept it under a grade 3 by the skin of my teeth - either that or he was impressed with the drive so far and he went easy on me as I was practically home.

I don't think he thought much of my car - 'Will she make it home do you think? You're just waiting for the 09 plate before you trade her in for a Maserati?...

'Yeah'

I knew it. I had you marked out for a Maserati man'.

Joker. I know we can't do names but put it like this - if your driving instructor is literallyCrocodile Dundee that's your man and there is none better. Friendly, nice, good advice, passed me.

There won't be much work done today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I never thought I would be posting in this thread!! But today - I PASSED!!!!!!!!

Over 1k on driving lessons and pre tests
    4 times failed
    2 car crashes

And today, on my 5th time - I did it. I shaggin well did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tri wrote: »
    I never thought I would be posting in this thread!! But today - I PASSED!!!!!!!!

4 times failed
    2 car crashes

Fair jaysus to you. Well done and congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fair jaysus to you. Well done and congrats.
    +1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

Omar 1-0 SGS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

Tri wrote: »

4 times failed
    2 car crashes

Congrats!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I passed yesterday in Birr with the RSA.. Three grade two faults and two of them were for not using fourth gear which was just stupid on my part and was nerves to be honest because usually I'd use it no problem.

I was convinced I had failed so was delighted when he passed me, and even more delighted because he was the narky tester who had failed me before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

I've been looking over this thread during the last few days and frantically hoping I might post on it today.

I've been deliberately avoiding the fail thread so as to keep me confident.
    Today I did it! First try but 7 grade 2s.

I wanna do it again really but I have my license and I can now continue to learn to drive.

Best of luck to anyone who's like I was yesterday, Hoping for a spot in the pink license club and a chance to share their pass with you lot.

Cheers to all the inspiration from everyone above also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭knightmare

Happy to report I got through the nightmare that is this test yesterday at the SGS centre Limerick. 3rd attempt at it. Had a really nice tester (English guy) & it helped no end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Passed last Wednesday at Enniscorthy SGS! Tester was really nice but extremely by the book. I ended up with 8 grade 2s, one more and I was a gonner!

Advertisement