Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hillview Hawk

passed in dungarvan yesturday:D great feeling. 2nd time around. was alot less nervous as i knew what to expect.. got 5 grade 2s overall it went grand, just had to watch out for pedestrian coming out in front of me a few times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hillview Hawk

Thanks.. will do haha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

qz wrote: »
    Passed :D second time around.

Well done! (Nice sig!)
    passed in dungarvan yesturday:D great feeling. 2nd time around. was alot less nervous as i knew what to expect.. got 5 grade 2s overall it went grand, just had to watch out for pedestrian coming out in front of me a few times!

Another well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

passes in westside galway this morning. Very easy route though. My hill start was on a ramp in shantalla. Roundabout behind hospital was wedged so i basically just had to edge my way out.We drove the route i take to college everyday which definately stood to me.2 blue marks.One for conking on the turnabout and one for observations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Congrats Cheekay! :D

Well done! Your hard work has paid off!

I'll be doing mine in Westside too probably, good to hear that the route wasn't too bad!

passed in westside aswell this morning?! :D

cheekay, if ur the louise girl i was chattin ta before it, well done ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Kudos to you also Ads by Google! :D

So how does it feel to be a fully fledged member of the pink licence holders society now?

it's in the post.. but by friday it shall feel very good :) no more worries about checkpoints and the like.

westside isn't too bad for the test.. got a pretty good pass rate i think, you gonna be doin one any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Just passed mine, second time doing it in Waterford. Delighted with myself. Got 5 grade 2's :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Just passed mine, second time doing it in Waterford. Delighted with myself. Got 5 grade 2's :rolleyes::D

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Just passed today in finglas :D second time around :D

4 grade 1's and 4 grade 2's

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Just passed my Test in Monaghan! Delighted!

Test was pretty easy and didnt last long at all!

Test was scheduled for 10.05, was finshed and told I passed and went back outside and turned on my phone and it was 10.35! Could believe how short it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 damp sponge

Just passed there in Raheny. 6 grade 2's and nothing else. Absolutely chuffed. For anyone taking there test just remember they only want to see your a safe and confident driver.

Though I failed it twice tbh. One when going through an amber light, I hesitated for a split second and then continued on, turns out it was grand.

The second was when I was taking a right turn and there was a car approaching, I was fine but the cautious part of my brain was saying I shouldn't have went.

Thanks alot to everyone on this forum - its a great resource. Spent the past two days in work trawling through it - well worth it though!

Good luck to anyone else taking it, I'm off to apply for my license!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Just passed there in Raheny. 6 grade 2's and nothing else. Absolutely chuffed. For anyone taking there test just remember they only want to see your a safe and confident driver.

Though I failed it twice tbh. One when going through an amber light, I hesitated for a split second and then continued on, turns out it was grand.

The second was when I was taking a right turn and there was a car approaching, I was fine but the cautious part of my brain was saying I shouldn't have went.

Thanks alot to everyone on this forum - its a great resource. Spent the past two days in work trawling through it - well worth it though!

Good luck to anyone else taking it, I'm off to apply for my license!

congradulations...its a great relief to pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:pac::D

I get the feeling you passed?!

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tigletts

Can't quite believe I'm posting here, passed today on my 3rd attempt at the ripe young age of 44 :)
    I'm delighted with myself. Good luck to all of you still to do it. Don't give up, I was very tempted to throw the towel in as it were, but look at me now.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Congrats to everyone who passed its a great achievement!!

Passed a year ago now!!!!!

just thought i'd agree it DOES make a difference as to who you get it the test, i failed first time and the tester was a <SNIP> but my driving instructor was a <SNIP> too, the morning of the test he tells me that he had a hospital appointment so i couldn't use his car, got another car 10 mins before test so failed!!

second time round had a brilliant instructor <SNIP> really down to earth and can show you many different ways of learning how to drive, PASSED even though my tester moved his seat so i couldn't see out the back passenger window when doing the reverse around the corner (had to use the force!) what a great feeling,

one year on its still great, my sister passed on friday after 4 lessons with <SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Passe on Monday in Finglas, I'm only 18 and I passed first time, delighted, just back from the motor tax office applying for my licence ! ! !

Well done to everyone else who has passed ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Passed today in Gorey. 2nd time to sit the test. Woop!!!!

lolli wrote: »
    Passed today in Gorey. 2nd time to sit the test. Woop!!!!

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Ya! Passed today in Waterford..17 and 1st time doing the test. 1 grade 1 for speeding - do'h and 2 grade 2's..Delighted
    Its really nothing to be worried about.If you can drive you'l pass it no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

ash h wrote: »
    1 grade 1 for speeding
    very nice hand sir. Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 benjyboo

I passed my test first time round back in November (just came across this thread now:o)!

My advice for people about to do their driving test would be to organise a quick lesson with your instructor the morning of your test.

I had a lesson with my instructor an hour before i sat my test, to have one last run through everything and i found that it really settled my nerves.

...tbh i don't think i would have passed if i hadn't.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

wow, decided to look in 'all posts started' by me in my stats and this was up the top, never thought it would be made a sticky and end up lasting so long haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 danbo115

passed.... woo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I never knew about this thread!

Congrats EVERYBODY! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

I passed on Monday in Churchtown, with just 4 blues. I'm delighted! A huge thanks to everyone on this forum all the advice and tips I picked up along the way.

Advertisement