Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

YAY I passed yesterday in Baldoyle! Clear sheet cos I rock!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Passed today in Raheny - with flying colours (and a clean sheet :D). Second time round too! Had a really sound tester who put me at ease which eliminated my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

macroman wrote: »
    Passed today in Raheny - with flying colours (and a clean sheet :D). Second time round too! Had a really sound tester who put me at ease which eliminated my nerves.

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Congrats!
    Thanks. Test was much easier second time round :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Just passed first time in wexford! (RSA)

Been driving 6 months tomorrow! Have my license 6 months and a day today :D

2 Grade 1's (Stopping and position at roundabouts)
    2 Grade 2's (Turning left and reaction to hazards)

Sound tester put me at ease after asking the questions. Was worth not going out last night and getting up late for a lesson beforehand! Was only out driving between 20 and 25 minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Passed today meself in Raheny! Second time around; was much easier due to the quieter roads and the much sounder tester who put me at ease immediately with his banter.:p Do I have to wait till I get me license to inform insurance, take down L plates? Also because you must send your learner permit with your application, does that mean I'm off the road until I get the licence? Anyhoo...I'M DELIGHTED!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

pearcider wrote: »
    Passed today meself in Raheny! Second time around; was much easier due to the quieter roads and the much sounder tester who put me at ease immediately with his banter.:p Do I have to wait till I get me license to inform insurance, take down L plates? Also because you must send your learner permit with your application, does that mean I'm off the road until I get the licence? Anyhoo...I'M DELIGHTED!!!! :pac:

Em, its been dicused on here before.

The official line is you still have to be accompanied etc,

However itd be damm harsh for any gard to say anything, they wouldnt get a conviction either! The lad in the tax office told me today that i could drive fully and if i was stopped to tell the gards they said i was covered, i took photocopies regardless!

Its a gray area! If your stopped just say whats happening, they might then get you to produce your license, which you will get in a few days and can then produce aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Passed today in churchtown :) Feels great after failing it three times.
    Got 7 grade 2's lol doesnt matter though cause I never have to do it again! Woohoo!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 janusz0001

PASSED for the 1st time last Wednesday in Tallaght-RSA.
    Got 3 Grade 2 Faults in Observation and Progress.
    Very much delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Passed on the 27th of February, in Naas, with one grade 1 fault and 1 grade 2, was over the moon.... Actually, I still am! I wanted to pass before I was eighteen but I failed once before for an incompentent reverse (got a grade 3 for sorta hitting the kerb :mad:)! Oh well, fully licensed now, woooooo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SooperMan

Passed first go today, got some serious lessons the past three evenings and one again before the test this morning. Lucky enough though cause I used do the odd hitting the kerb on the reverse around the corner even conked the car a few tomes changing into the wrong gears (was'nt used of the gear bow of the instructors car) but everything went smoothly for the test delighted :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Passed on Friday - Finglas :D

posted in this thread a while back sayin i passed nd just read through it again. happiest thread on boards.ie by far :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fearandloathing

doing the test tomorrow for the second time, PLEASE let me post a success story here tomorrow!!! fingers crossed!:)

doing the test tomorrow for the second time, PLEASE let me post a success story here tomorrow!!! fingers crossed!:)

Best of luck. Just give it your best shot. Hope to see you here tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I have my fingers crossed for you fearandloathing!

Just go taking any illegal substances like Johnny Depp and co in your namesake and you should be fine! ;)

Let us know how you get on.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fearandloathing

hey guys, bad news, i failed.. :mad: thanks for the support though! got a clean sheet except 6 marks for use of accelerator and clutch.. i didnt even know i had this problem.. im gutted i failed for just one technicality.. anyway, i shall keep my head up.. sorry to post this on the success thread and bring you all down!! thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Just passed my test (on my fourth attempt) in Woodview, Limerick! Examiner was a really nice guy who instantly put me at ease (that and the bottle of rescue remedy I had downed that morning haha)! So happy! Never thought I'd get it!:):):)

Passed in Clonmel today :D 6 blue marks. My 5th attempt :rolleyes: Tester was grand. came to pedestrian crossing with zig-zag lines in town centre with jeep parked up in front of me, hazard lights flashing no one in it. As you cant park or overtake on them i didnt know what to do. eventually i said fcuk it and drove off. was sure i failed but at that stage didnt give a fcuk. tester said had i delayed any longer he would have failed me. to be fair to him he seemed like a guy who looked for the good elements of your driving rather then the bad.

personally i wouldnt be surprised if rsa are arranging for these obstacles to be in your way as i never seem to meet them unless doing a test. :rolleyes:

anyways i have joined the pink slip club and thats the main thing :)

EDIT: Best of luck to anyone who have tests coming up. i realise how daunting it can be, but dont give up, i nearly did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Major congrats whatdoicare and TippGunner!! So delighted for both of ye!!

fearandloathing; Awh! Jeez that sounds a bit harsh especially if you were faultless for everything else!

Did your driving instructor ever mention anything re: clutch and acceleration to you? Do you think maybe you coasted a bit throughout?

Ah well, at least you now know your problem area so you can perfect it for next time, you must be doing fine in everything else so keep it up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

PINK LICENSES ALL ROUND! Congrats guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Delighted to be posting in this thread....passed today in Churchtown. What an ordeal learning to drive is, so happy to have the test behind me! Good luck to anyone else with tests coming up!

well done rio1 and whatdoicare. commiserations to fearandloathing, youll be more succesful next time im sure of it. best of luck to anyone with tests coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SPREADONE

Passed on friday in churchtown first time at the ripe young age of 55 years.:D

SPREADONE wrote: »

Savage stuff, well done!

SPREADONE wrote: »

ah well done mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Had a year (last year) of nothing but pure bad luck learning to drive. Wont even begin to go there.

Took a break from driving in dec and jan, and started back with regular lessons then.

Must have had at least 55 lessons since I started learning to drive early 2008.

Lessons have been going well recently. My test is tomorrow. Hopefully will be posting here tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Had a year (last year) of nothing but pure bad luck learning to drive. Wont even begin to go there.

Took a break from driving in dec and jan, and started back with regular lessons then.

Lessons have been going well recently. My test is tomorrow. Hopefully will be posting here tomorrow night.

Good luck tomorrow, ya would wanna be good after spending nearly €2000 on lessons. Make sure you get a refund if not.

Give it your best shot, forget about all the bad luck in the past and just go for it. Keep your calm and put any mistakes you make behind you immediately! Never throw in the towel no matter what happens.
    Hope to see you here tomorrow. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Hiya everyone. Had my test earlier and i'm home now about an hour.

Was hoping I'd be posting here to say that I've passed. Well I'm posting to let you all know that I didnt pass. Test wasn't too bad but the nerves got to me all the same.

No grade 3 faults which is good.

Will post later in unsuccessful thread.

Advertisement