Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Passed today in Navan, first time! Got 5 green and 5 blue, not great but not too bad. Considering I really didn't think I'd pass! Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

passed first time in rathgar today thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

:D:):D:):D Yay! Passed today! Only 2 blue marks!!! I've never been so delighted! I NEVER have to go through that horrible thing again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

df1985 wrote: »
    have my test in naas tomorrow morning,first time doing it, hope to post in here.im bricking it, ive had a few pretests and passed, and my instructor feels confident enough ill pass-i know my nerves could be the factor though!

completely forgot to post in here after but yep i passed it.i officially hate naas though.suicidal pedestrians everywhere.

test started great, everything went fine.my reverse round the corner was a shambles though. lucky i didnt mount the curb or would have failed but i gave it a right good smack! i panicked at this stage and lost my concentration.saw a ramp last minute and broke hard (another blue) and got more blues for stupid mistakes out of my nerves going.i thought the test was gone as he was marking the sheet constantly. thankfully then i got stuck in traffic and it gave me a minute to calm myself down and i said to myself cop on and do my best for the rest of the test.it worked.

moral of the story is no matter how bad you think its going and even if you do mess up an element of the test, its not over and you never know, you might get through it if the rest of the test goes well.dont dwell on the bad points and let that affect the rest of your test.stay calm!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

nobody seems to pass in raheny,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Tom1991 wrote: »
    passed first time in rathgar today thank god

Eek I'm in rathgar in a few weeks...heard it's a nightmare area (i applied to churchtown) so it's reassuring to see someone pass there! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

woo hoo passed the c test in finglas today. first time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meriva man

Passed today - second attempt. The tester the older one of the two , with bald head ( sounded English) will not repeat instructions if you want to - so be keen if u happen to take your test in Limerick 1. He marked me 6 blues on the clutch and Gear alone and nothing else ...

Good luck to everyone takiing the test here

Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yahoooo Passed today in Rathgar! Third Time the charm! Four grade twos for driving and one for rules of the road! best feeling in the world! Especially after failing it twice...! woooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Kimmy-XxX

congards everyone. mine is next monday.. terrified :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Get in!! :cool:

Passed 1st time in Dundalk today, woke up today at half 7 for some reason and my test wasn't till 1/4 to 2. Read the rules of the road book twice today was a bit nervous before my instructor picked me up but after that I was ok. Did an hour lesson before hand then went into the test centre with my instructor and we were the only people there but when I got called in a few people came in behind me.

Got into the car and started my test, about 5mins into my test I came to a long queue of traffic but I was concentrating too much on looking left and right at the junction that I forgot to check if the lights had changed but I remembered right as I passed the line and looked up and it was yellow so wasn't sure if I had gotten a grade 3 for it. Then I was at a T junction and there was loads of traffic and I couldn't get out for about 3 r 4 minutes (felt like a life time when I was doing it) so I thought I would get a mark for progress turning right. Came to a crossroads and I was turning right and a truck was turning left so I just moved passed the white line slowly and stopped but he did the same but then after 20sec the truck driver waved me on. Test took about 40mins because of traffic, was also talking to the tester for most of the test.

Got back to the test centre and I was the 1st person back, just before my bum cheeks touched the chair he told me I had passed with ZERO grade ones, THREE grade twos and ZERO grade threes. My faults were 'progress turning right', 'speed on a roundabout', 'observation changing lane' and nothing for running through that yellow light. The office was round and the there was 5 desks all right beside each other so I know the girl to the right of me failed, never found out about the guy to the left of me got on and another girl (who was quite hot :D) passed.

The tester also said to me "you are a good driver" :eek: didn't expect that.

3rd student to pass with my instructor this week and 4th to pass 1st time in the last two weeks.

I am off on holidays on Saturday and want my licence by then went into the tax office but they wouldn't give me my licence there and then unless I had proof so going in tomorrow with my flight details.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help.

EDIT:
    I am only driving just over 4 months :cool:

Also can I add M and W when applying for my licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

passed 1st time in Churchtown...

over the moon :) decided to read this entire thread before doing it and not to look @ the unsuccessful thread for fear of extra nerves!!

:) on qite a high now...... 8 grade 2s :o "just about" as my tester said!

leaving to do my test in ten minutes, sincerely hope to be posting here later today.! I've been reading the rules of the road all morning and decided to look up some success stories here to remind me that passing is possible! Congradulations everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

:D:D:DPassed 2day absolutely delighted..only got 2 (well deserved grade 2 faults):P

this whole forum has been abs brill..:pac:

only driving 4 months

:DPassed!.:D 5 grade twos and 5 grade ones!. am absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Due my test in Raheny tomorrow, came across this thread today, have skimmed through it.

Some queries I have are:

(1) My instructor says it is not necessary to gear down when stopping, that it is ok to stop in 3rd/4th/ even 5th? Yet some friends of mine say this is not the case and that you should always gear down (unless it is an emergency stop). I've been driving the way my instructor taught - now I'm in two minds (think I will go with his option though).

(2) I usually stay in gear when stopped at the lights etc, and don't always use the handbrake (always use it of course if stopped on a hill). Do I always have to stop and put the car in neutral, with the handbrake on, or is it ok to stop, leave the car in first and use the footbrake?

That's my two main issues - plus need to ensure that I keep checking those wing mirrors whenever I'm taking off.

Any contributions would be appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Due my test in Raheny tomorrow, came across this thread today, have skimmed through it.

Some queries I have are:

(1) My instructor says it is not necessary to gear down when stopping, that it is ok to stop in 3rd/4th/ even 5th? Yet some friends of mine say this is not the case and that you should always gear down (unless it is an emergency stop). I've been driving the way my instructor taught - now I'm in two minds (think I will go with his option though).

(2) I usually stay in gear when stopped at the lights etc, and don't always use the handbrake (always use it of course if stopped on a hill). Do I always have to stop and put the car in neutral, with the handbrake on, or is it ok to stop, leave the car in first and use the footbrake?

That's my two main issues - plus need to ensure that I keep checking those wing mirrors whenever I'm taking off.

Any contributions would be appreciated...
    My instructor was late for the practice run when I did my test there, bloody <SNIP>, avoid!

1) In lessons with proper (non <SNIP>) instructors, I was told to gear down to slow, but 2nd or maybe 3rd would be fine to stop in.

2) Again I was told that if the lights have just gone red and they could take a while to change to green, I should handbrake and neutral, getting back into 1st when the lights are ready to go green (when the other lights go red).

Hope that helps, Good luck! ;)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

I passed in naas on the 2nd sep.
    Thank god its over with.
    Only realised on the 1st that my test was the next day,As a previous test was cancelled.
    Threw in the deep end,But it went well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

I watched the rsa dvd for a few hours as i had not enough time to get pretest's,
    And it def helped.

1) I did not put key in ignation until i had belted up and adjust my mirror's and any other things like that.

2) leave a good safe deal of space where cars are parked,just incase someone decides to fling their door open,happened me last time and the woman in question was parked in a no parking zone,still my fault.

3)Do not cut corners,indicate in sufficent time.

It was my 3rd time lucky and passed and i can remember all those things that failed me.

Best of luck all.

Its observation is the key

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Oh how I was hoping I'd get to post here :D Passed today in Tallaght first time, 4 grade 2s. Tester was friendly which really put me at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Going for my 3rd go in Churchtown this afternoon, nervous as hell seeing as I though I had defo gotten it the 1st time. Ill update later IF i pass :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 upthedubs**

Woooohooo passed today in Tallght... Over the moon.
    Nerves are my biggest let down but I got through it! Lotsa road works going on so if your doing the test in tallaght, do a full run through of the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

YAYAYAYAYAY
    passed today in finglas on the 6th time!!! thank god i NEVER have to do that again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MotoringAlong

yay...passed today in churchtown. third time doing it and had the same tester as last time so i thought i had no chance. 4 grade 2s. the relief!!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Passed this morning in Wilton, Cork. My tester was really nice to me, except at the end where he just got out of the car, saying, 'into the office, now', got out of the car before I'd turned off the engine, and had a really gruff look on his face when I caught up to him (he was holding the door for me)!

Anyway, took me in, sat down, looked at me really seriously (like Chris Tarrant on that millionaire show) and said (thick Kerry accent), "Well, you've passed now so relax there". I'm not gay, but ...

Right, anyway, things to remember in future: 1. Don't put brake fluid in power steering fluid and vice versa; 2. Don't reverse onto the curb; 3. Try not to curse (or even mouth curses) at other drivers/gear shift/sticky clutch etc.; 4. ???; 5. Profit.

Woo-hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

Passed on Friday in Tallaght. Second attempt with 6 Grade 2's. Testers on both occasions very professional and fair. I definitely wasn't good enough to pass the first time but 3 months made a massive difference.

Absolutely chuffed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

sanf wrote: »
    Passed on Friday in Tallaght. Second attempt with 6 Grade 2's. Testers on both occasions very professional and fair. I definitely wasn't good enough to pass the first time but 3 months made a massive difference.

Absolutely chuffed :D

Hope to be making the exact same post this coming Monday, my 2nd time in Tallaght!

Advertisement