Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Passed today at first attempt!!:D:D ended up with 2 grade 2's :D still can't believe it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

Just passed 1st time in Galway. Only been driving a couple of months, so well happy with myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Passed first time with 3 grade 2's in clonmel....delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Passed at second attempt in Skibbereen yesterday, lovely tester and 6 grade two's happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Passed this morning in Rathgar, after failing three times previously in Wicklow.

Only got 3 grade 2's and was thrilled that the tester said my drive was the best he's seen in months and it could easily have been a clean sheet.. Still on a buzz and can't study in the library now. haha!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Passed in Naas this morning. By the skin of my teeth I might add but a pass is a pass I suppose!

Absolutely thrilled, I can drive on my own now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

Passed lunchtime in Tallaght today, absolutely delighted, only driving over 4 months. 4 Grade 2's and 2 1's soooo happy!!

Tester was very official and quiet but still it was a comfortable atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Passed on my 1st test in Navan ON the day of my 18th :D weirdest thing was the tester was the same that tested my dad 20 odd years ago! Crazy or what :) Insurance is dirt cheap now next year cant wait,also got a refund off Quinn for passing within the year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Hope to be posting hear tomorrow :) fingers crossed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

would love to be posting here tomorrow, third time in raheny,
    going to go pray Ireland win so my tester is in a good mood

• Advertisement

I Passed !! :D over da moon :D only 2 grade 2s ! 1 for reaction to hazards and 1 or observation at roundabouts !! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Shane Slv wrote: »
    I Passed !! :D over da moon :D only 2 grade 2s ! 1 for reaction to hazards and 1 or observation at roundabouts !! :D:D:D:D
    Excellent record, congrats! I wonder if anyone has passed with a completely clean sheet :) I'm starting to feel bad now with my 8 grade 2s ;)

am ya i think i remember someone saying they passed with no faults in this thread, it was near the start somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Shane Slv wrote: »

Congrats Man! Hope to be following you tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Passed 1st time today in Tralee!I got 7 grade 2's!Absolutely delighted!!!:D.Ive been driving since July and I took 4 lessons over the last two weeks.My instructor gave me a mock test Tuesday and I sh*t you not I got 8 grade 2's and 3 grade 3's:eek:.Passed this morning with relative ease and what a buzz!Talk about big performances for the big occasions!!!:pac:

Passed today in Wexford :D 5 grade 2s and 2 grade 1s. First time aswell so Absolutely delighted! Conditions today are so bad I was expecting the test to be cancelled! My tester said that if it stays this bad tomorrow they will be called off!

Have to say, if you can afford it, you can't take too many lessons. I took quite a lot over the past few months and it really paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Passed in Tipperary Town, 3 grade 2s. Don't even want to think about my first test - much, much different. Was far less nervous because although the tester was formal, he was relaxed and there was no tension coming from him. Definitely recommend my instructor this time - well known in the Tipperary / Limerick area, PM me if you know someone looking for lessons - so worth it.

Ecstatic. I still can't sleep I'm so thrilled.

I won't be as thrilled at 7 when I have to get up for work, but that'll deal with itself!

Congrats to everyone else who passed. Woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rkehoe

Hey everyone!

passed for the first time in Cork today and a clean sheet, words can describe how happy i am, over the moon!!!!

Congrats to everyone who passed aswell, its a great feeling :) wooooooooooooo

Quick question too, am off to the motor tax office tmoro to apply for the licence, in the mean time is it still ok for me to drive on my own and with no licence on me, is a copy of the Cert of competency enough?....and should i wait to get the licence before i take down the L plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

rkehoe wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

passed for the first time in Cork today and a clean sheet, words can describe how happy i am, over the moon!!!!

Congrats to everyone who passed aswell, its a great feeling :) wooooooooooooo

Quick question too, am off to the motor tax office tmoro to apply for the licence, in the mean time is it still ok for me to drive on my own and with no licence on me, is a copy of the Cert of competency enough?....and should i wait to get the licence before i take down the L plates?

Wow, well done on the clean sheet :)

You should be ok driving with the cert but i think you keep the receipt the motor tax office gave you and that should be ok with the gardai cos it shows you've applied for your license. Take down your L plates as you are no longer learning ;)

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Wow, well done on the clean sheet :)

You should be ok driving with the cert but i think you keep the receipt the motor tax office gave you and that should be ok with the gardai cos it shows you've applied for your license. Take down your L plates as you are no longer learning ;)

Thanks a million Jaffa, still cant believe it tbh, expecting to wake up any minute!!!!

ok brilliant, will leave the receipt in the glove compartment until i get it!...hehe im going to run straight out and take down the plates! :D

thanks a mil again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

rkehoe wrote: »
    Wow, incredible result, nicely done :)

Ditto re: the licence - when I handed in my cert of competency (stupidly not having made a copy), I was told to just keep the receipt on me which would suffice if I was stopped by the gardaí, until the licence arrives in the post (took about a week).

zynaps wrote: »
    Wow, incredible result, nicely done :)

Ditto re: the licence - when I handed in my cert of competency (stupidly not having made a copy), I was told to just keep the receipt on me which would suffice if I was stopped by the gardaí, until the licence arrives in the post (took about a week).

Thanks a mil zynaps, i had a great driving teacher, makes a huge difference!!still on a high, will really hit home when i see the pink licence!!! :D

Thanks very much for the advice, the mind is on overdrive, so wanted to be sure it was all ok!!

Wow, clean sheet, you don't see that too often! Fair Play!

Having the pink licence in your hands is a real thrill, just got mine a few days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Passed today on my first go. Hasn't really sunk in yet. So relieved though. Wahey! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Congratulations. Well done.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Woo! Just passed in Wicklow, first time :D delighted, had no idea how it was going to turn out!!! 3 Grade 1's and 4 Grade 2's :) Crazy lunchtime traffic and suicidal pedestrians along with horrible weather but i don't care anymore!!!

YAAAAY!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just passed this morning in Galway!! First time, only driving three months and got three grade twos, one for reaction to hazard (should have assumed a lorry driver was gonna open his door), one for competency on the reverse and one for traffic lights; awkward junction and I had two seconds to take the turn but I held back...hurrah, happiest I have been in months!!

Highly recommend my drive instructor if any one wants his number. Like a drill sergeant but exactly what I needed.

SOOOOOOO happy:) and shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cr0bar

Passed! Got 2 grade twos in total. Didn't know the car had foglights! Should have checked beforehand, that was my error. Didn't know one of the roadsigns either. The second grade two was when turning right, it was at the Aldi junction turning right to the hospital roundabout, was in the wrong lane but corrected it.

Going to get in touch with the insurance company now and fix my insurance.
    Just passed this morning in Galway!! First time, only driving three months and got three grade twos, one for reaction to hazard (should have assumed a lorry driver was gonna open his door), one for competency on the reverse and one for traffic lights; awkward junction and I had two seconds to take the turn but I held back...hurrah, happiest I have been in months!!

Highly recommend my drive instructor if any one wants his number. Like a drill sergeant but exactly what I needed.

SOOOOOOO happy:) and shocked!

Great news, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Congrats to the both of you, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Passed last Tuesday here in Saint Etienne, France.

Got a clean sheet, was so delighted and still am. I just want to show all the people that haven't been sucessful that it is possible to beat the odds. I beat the language barrier, the different rules of the road and driving on the other side having originally learned to drive back home in Ireland!

So happy, I feel so proud it's one of the biggest achievements for me!

Advertisement