Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Pass not even a half hour ago in Tallaght :D

Barely a mark on the sheeettttttand the tester took the time out to explain the couple I did get, and only 1 mark 2 =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Pass not even a half hour ago in Tallaght :D

Barely a mark on the sheeettttttand the tester took the time out to explain the couple I did get, and only 1 mark 2 =D

Congrats Midnight. That's brilliant :)

You probably had the same tester at me. He was very nice to explain where i went wrong on my 2 marks. I didn't care too much at that point cos i was over the moon but it was still nice to get that considering all the bad things you hear about them.

Passed last Tuesday here in Saint Etienne, France.

Got a clean sheet, was so delighted and still am. I just want to show all the people that haven't been sucessful that it is possible to beat the odds. I beat the language barrier, the different rules of the road and driving on the other side having originally learned to drive back home in Ireland!

So happy, I feel so proud it's one of the biggest achievements for me!
    Félicitations, ça doit être dur de réussir l'examen du permis de conduire dans un pays étranger.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Félicitations, ça doit être de réussir l'examen du permis de conduire dans un pays étranger.:)

Ouais c'est ca c'était hyper dur mais la je me sens si fier de moi! Ca vaut le coup!

Merci!

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Congrats Midnight. That's brilliant :)

You probably had the same tester at me. He was very nice to explain where i went wrong on my 2 marks. I didn't care too much at that point cos i was over the moon but it was still nice to get that considering all the bad things you hear about them.
    *Something* Ruddy his name was, desk right in the middle of the room :P

• Advertisement

Hmm, maybe a different guy then. Name doesn't sound familiar. My guy had a funny name from what i can remember and he was sitting to the left as soon as you enter the room and was youngish. Guess they have some sound testers there. My instructor knew a few of them.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Passed yesterday in Finglas! Best feeling in the world!!! Fourth time lucky for me!!

Was told I had to go to the Civic Centre in Ballymun to apply for my license but they only open Mon-Fri and I work Mon-Fri! Anyone know what my options are???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aqua2027

Finally passed from Finglas.... it was fourth time for me.... a very neat marksheet.... very delighted.... already applied for full Irish License.... Although system is unfair... yet u need a lot of patience and perservance... In all my previous attempts I was failed for the reasons best known to the tester. Some said I was too fast next time it was slow.... This time he found me to be ok. Thanks for all Boards.ie valuable comments. It certainly helps when you find your not the only one with four failures... All the best of other waiting for their tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just passed in Limerick woodview, delighted...Drivin for about 15 minutes at most...The tester wanted to go home I guess =P

3 grade 2s for turning right reaction and use of handbrake and grade 1 for rules...oops

Delighted anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Passed in Finglas. 8 grade twos! Only starting taking lessons a few months ago so happy to get it and my insurance will drop from 800 to 200euro overnight. 2nd attempt and i was very tired today after staying up late cramming the rules of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I had him too when I passed me test, I know they can't exactly be friendly to ya but he was pleasant and explained where I went wrong afterwards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Passed in Finglas. 8 grade twos! Only starting taking lessons a few months ago so happy to get it and my insurance will drop from 800 to 200euro overnight. 2nd attempt and i was very tired today after staying up late cramming the rules of the road.
    Holy..! Mine was at €950 or so and I got nothing after passing (with 6 months left on the insurance) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

When I passed last week mine went down 600, a quarter of what I was paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Second time doing it in Raheny and passed just there. Six grade 2's spread out all over the page compared to a instant failing on one/nearly two categories last time. Absolutely delighted and will be ringing the insurance company in the morning! Vroom vroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

This post has been deleted.

Well im nearly 30 and was on 2nd provisional and my dads main car that i am insured on is a psv vehicle. He said that he paid 800euro for me last month as a 3rd name driver but that it would drop to 200 if i had full licence.

I got a whopping 40 euro back from my insurance when i passed. My insurance is 1,300 tpft:(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

PASSED on wednesday for the first time!! 4 grade two faults...Over the moon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Passed first time. Very happy :)

Just confused on one thing.

I got a cert of competence and my form. I read on it that I have to put my learners permit and I can only assume the cert of competence in with the form when I send it along with the money.

If I do have to do that, what do I need to do to prove to Garda that I passed my test or have I got it all wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

make a photo copy of the cert and sent the orgional with your learner permit form and fees to the tax office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 buzzybb

ok so i passed my driving test yesterday!! :) first time!! im experienced driver in cork county but Dublin was a whole new place for me.i only had time to do 3 lessons before my test and they were the only times i did any driving in dublin.I did my test in Rathgar and was very surprised i passed.still cant believe it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

bbk wrote: »
    Passed first time. Very happy :)

Just confused on one thing.

I got a cert of competence and my form. I read on it that I have to put my learners permit and I can only assume the cert of competence in with the form when I send it along with the money.

If I do have to do that, what do I need to do to prove to Garda that I passed my test or have I got it all wrong?

If you're posting it then I'd get a photocopy but only if you drive every day. They're pretty quick at sending the license back to you so you won't have long to wait. If you're dropping in to the tax office, they give you a receipt which can be used if you get stopped.
    Congrats! First time, thats great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

passed in dundalk with 3 blues marked, happy days! bleeding nerve wrecking stuff that is,booo yeahhh!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Passed in Tallaght yesterday :D First time. 1 blue mark, 7 green marks.
    I'm so happy I didn't cancel it, I was gonna, because I didn't have to many opportunities to practice (once-twice a week since November and no driving at all during icy snowy weather). But I had the best instructor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Passed in Finglas. 8 grade twos! Only starting taking lessons a few months ago so happy to get it and my insurance will drop from 800 to 200euro overnight.

Anyone knows if insurance company returns money when insured person gets full license? I paid €1,050 for one year (paid on Nov) and I'll get my full license posted within one week. It'd be cool to get some of the money back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

lud wrote: »
    Anyone knows if insurance company returns money when insured person gets full license? I paid €1,050 for one year (paid on Nov) and I'll get my full license posted within one week. It'd be cool to get some of the money back ;)

In some cases they may roll over the reduction and incorporate it into your insurance at the next time of renewal. I think it may depend on what is left on your current policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

greenie wrote: »
    If you're posting it then I'd get a photocopy but only if you drive every day. They're pretty quick at sending the license back to you so you won't have long to wait. If you're dropping in to the tax office, they give you a receipt which can be used if you get stopped.
    Congrats! First time, thats great:D

Thanks, I copied the learners permit and the cert I got from the test. I sent it out two days after I posted that and got the pink slip of paper yesterday

Its a grand sense of achievment!! Being able to go places on yer own, and now having the official document you need to do that.

:)

btw, I sent it to Navan I think. I sent out to Naas for my Learners permit. Both were pretty quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I passed today in Tipperary town :D:D Second time doing it (There may be an angry post from me last November in the unsuccessful thread) :)
    It was such a relief! I was happy with the test and was lucky the town was quiet and things went in my favour.
    Thanks to everyone on boards and good luck to everyone attempting theirs, I'm so glad i reapplied straight away after last time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Passed today in Raheny first time! :)

The examiner brought me on a route anti-clockwise around St Annes Park. Here it is, hope this helps some others with tests coming up in Raheny:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102907846922189166792.00047f577ca26fea98e9f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Passed today in Monaghan on my first attempt, only got my license in June and started driving in August so I'm delighted with it.

Ended up with 5* grade twos and three grade ones.

Most of the grade threes were for turning right and one for observation on the turnabout, the grade ones were for observation too from what I remember.

The examiner was great, she stopped me on the hill start (about 5 minutes into the test) and told me I was 'doing something that you know you don't do when driving on your own' so I asked her if it was checking my mirrors cos I was totally over exaggerating it and checking far too often but she told me she couldn't tell me what I was doing wrong but I should know that I was over doing something, so I stopped checking the mirrors as much and as often :)

(The * next to the 5 blues)
    I messed up coming on to a 2 laned one way street when I stayed on the right instead of crossing over to the left just after the junction, then after she told me I passed I was questioning her about some of my failures and she was really nice, so when I asked her about my problem on the one way street she said 'oh, yeah, I forgot about that..I must mark it down' then she took my sheet back and gave me another blue mark....so I ended up with 6 blues, but I still passed so I couldn't have cared less :P:P

She was great to deal with, especially after the test when she gave me some advice on how to improve some of my little mistakes.

Advertisement