Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

efla wrote: »
    Passed this morning in waterford. First test, four grade two marks. Very nice tester! Much to do with this forum no doubt, a huge support over the past few weeks.

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Passed today in Castlebar, but what a <SNIP> of a tester.

Rushed through the Questions, answered a bit of the question and he cut into the next.

No bonnet checks

Stopped me on the way out of the centre and asked me what the hell i was doing. The layout of the test centre as changed and the way its not sign posted yet, how was i to know.

He was very misleading with the instructions, not giving enough notice when to turn left etc so i asked him before we approached the turn and he barked back saying you can only ask me something when i say something like wtf.

When coming back in from the test and parked up he said i was to close to the car beside but i was clearly, the other car was nearly over the line and he clearly told me to pull in to that exact spot. He then made a smart remark about it.

Then giving me the result he said your lucky you passed.

I felt like telling to f...off.

At least i passed but if he is like this to all people doing there test i can see people beign afraid and failing.

Happy i passed though as it was my third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

efla wrote: »
    Passed this morning in waterford. First test, four grade two marks. Very nice tester! Much to do with this forum no doubt, a huge support over the past few weeks.

Congrats, passed myself too this morning

keezer wrote: »

don't ever let these people get to you, you'll never have to deal with him again!

Good job

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭erwinvr101

At least i passed but if he is like this to all people doing there test i can see people beign afraid and failing.

wow! your concentration and specially your patience must be applauded. i would have flanked the test and probably snapped at the tester if it happened to me. congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Passed!

I'm in a state of shock.

When she said I'd passed (after shuffling papers for about ten years!) I started laughing and asked if she was serious.

Before the test, I was trying to park between the lines (not usually a problem) and it took me about five tries because I was so nervous about the test. Got out and the tester from last time was standing against the wall smoking, smirking at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Melia wrote: »
    Before the test, I was trying to park between the lines (not usually a problem) and it took me about five tries because I was so nervous about the test. Got out and the tester from last time was standing against the wall smoking, smirking at me.
    Heh! I'm glad that sight had no negative effect on you. Nicely done :)

I'm sure this has been asked before but -

Anyone know how long it'll take to get my pink licence? I'm going down as soon as they open tomorrow, any chance I'd have it by the end of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

When I went in to Cork they printed the license and handed it back to me there and then! Not sure is that standard now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Melia wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before but -

Anyone know how long it'll take to get my pink licence? I'm going down as soon as they open tomorrow, any chance I'd have it by the end of the day?

If Dublin they post it out a few days later. Seems practices differ around the country though.

• Advertisement

Great, thanks.

When I got my learner permit they said they had to post it out because it was my first one, but I'm hoping if I go in first thing tomorrow for my full licence I'll have it by the afternoon. I want that pink licence to show off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

me passed test !

my ever patient instructor did believe me and afterwards confessed to being "worried"

Strangely In December I had 21 Grade2 faults ! in March - 3!

Anyone who knows me would say my driving not improved

anyways I guess its gives some hope to any one with a disasterous test

PS. Thanks fror the help, directly, or just replying to other posts here .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 watdub

Passed 1st time today in Finglas, delighted :), tester was really nice, she spoke to me during the test which really put me at ease, 3 blues, one for observation turning left, one for progress while turning left and one for progress on the straight.

The signs she asked were :- clearway, pedestrianised street, u-turn, hospital, series of dangerous bends ahead, t-junction with dual carriageway, road narrows, unguarded level crossing, left lane closed, end of motorway.

Questions were: what does double yellow lines mean, on a motorway which lane would you use, on a crossroads of equal importance to whom would you give way, how would you know a zebra crossing at night, what does an amber light mean.

Under bonnet she asked about brake fluid, window washer fluid and coolant.

In car she asked to show her the wipers, window washer, hazard lights.

This site was so helpful to me just knowing there was someone ready to help with questions no matter how trivial. Thanks for the support. I'm off to get me pink lic. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Please send me message if anyone is looking for an instructor in the D7 area and I will pass on my instructor details cause he was brill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Passed today in Finglas!!! Truck test went excellent only got 4 blues!!!!!!!:D
    Roll on the Artic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Passes today in Finglas!!! Truck test went excellent only got 4 blues!!!!!!!:D
    Roll on the Artic!!!

Congrats:D

Roll on the Artic!!!
    Nice! The truck test sounds much tougher, well done :)

zynaps wrote: »
    Nice! The truck test sounds much tougher, well done :)
    You wouldn't believe it man! The drive alone took 70mins!!!!:eek:
    Compare that to 30-40mins for the car!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Passed the C test and the CPC practical in Naas today:D

2 blues and 1 green for progress at roundabouts and 1 green for progress turning left so happy overall.

CPC was exactly the questions posted in the CPC thread so once learned they are easy enough.

Tester was sound,(Brendan) put me at ease straight away so not too nervous on the drive.
    Cheers to Alan my instructor in Naas. Really knows his stuff.

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Passed the C test and the CPC practical in Naas today:D

Congrats Man!! Let me be the first to welcome you to the Truckie Brigade!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 north.

i have just passed my test!! woohooooooo
    thats so coooooooooooooool
    hahaha
    driving driving driving driving brooom brooooooom'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Rushed through the Questions, answered a bit of the question and he cut into the next.

No bonnet checks

Stopped me on the way out of the centre and asked me what the hell i was doing. The layout of the test centre as changed and the way its not sign posted yet, how was i to know.

He was very misleading with the instructions, not giving enough notice when to turn left etc so i asked him before we approached the turn and he barked back saying you can only ask me something when i say something like wtf.

When coming back in from the test and parked up he said i was to close to the car beside but i was clearly, the other car was nearly over the line and he clearly told me to pull in to that exact spot. He then made a smart remark about it.

Then giving me the result he said your lucky you passed.

I felt like telling to f...off.

Happy i passed though as it was my third time.

Sounds like he was a right little <SNIP>. But fair play to for passing, keeping good concentration and not losing your temper with him.
    p-nut wrote: »
    WAHEYYYY!!

Sorry, im just over the moon. This was my second time doing it and i just cant believe it:D

I was determined to get it before my 18th.....and guess what.....I'm not 18 til the 20th of june.

Thanks to everyone that posted advice up here, i've been lurkin around this forum silently for the last while and its brill.

Congrats, and it's great that you passed at such a young age. I passed mine in 2008, and I was really chuffed with myself. I passed it on my third try, so third time lucky.:D I currently drive a 96 VW Polo, so I'm possibly hoping to upgrade to a 2002 or 2003 VW Golf next year. I'll miss my current car a lot:(, with it having nice fat tyres, alloys, an mp3 player and just being so incredibly reliable. Big cheers to both Brian and Carmel at Kings School of Motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Roll on the Artic!!!

Well done fair play to ya.

Was just wondering wha goes on durin the CPC test (€32) after doing the actual driving test. Iv done all the other cpc things just waiting for a date now for the test. Also doing it in Finglas

so I'm possibly hoping to upgrade to a 2002 or 2003 VW Golf next year. I'll miss my current car a lot:(, with it having nice fat tyres, alloys, an mp3 player and just being so incredibly reliable. Big cheers to both Brian and Carmel at Kings School of Motoring.
    A mate just bought a 2002 VW Golf yesterday and I gave it a test drive... very smooth, quiet and comfortable, even with almost 90k miles on it. Much nicer to drive than my ma's 1997 Polo, although it's far better maintained so.. :)
    Amazing what a difference new brakes and a non-rusty/gunked up clutch cable make!

liam7831 wrote: »
    Well done fair play to ya.

Was just wondering wha goes on durin the CPC test (€32) after doing the actual driving test. Iv done all the other cpc things just waiting for a date now for the test. Also doing it in Finglas

Liam please read the CPC Exam thread I started. Lots of info about the cpc exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Well done all you guys above:)
    Those are some really great marks..or lack of marks!!

zynaps wrote: »
    A mate just bought a 2002 VW Golf yesterday and I gave it a test drive... very smooth, quiet and comfortable, even with almost 90k miles on it. Much nicer to drive than my ma's 1997 Polo, although it's far better maintained so.. :)
    Amazing what a difference new brakes and a non-rusty/gunked up clutch cable make!

Thats great, but I heard somewhere that some or most VW vehicles tend to be not as good after a certain year, but matbe I could be wrong. What I mean is that some cars from the 80's and 90's last a long time, and with this disposable generation some cars aren't meant to last, but if anybody could could tell me if this is true or not that would great.

Also well done to other people who have passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Woohoo I passed in Tallaght today! It was my second time doing it, failed first time in Rathgar 2 months ago. I only just scraped it today though, got 8 grade 2's scattered all over the place. It was funny the tester seemed almost reluctant to give me the certificate of compettency. I acknowledged where I went wrong though so he was happy enough in the end.

Woohoo I passed in Tallaght today! It was my second time doing it, failed first time in Rathgar 2 months ago. I only just scraped it today though, got 8 grade 2's scattered all over the place. It was funny the tester seemed almost reluctant to give me the certificate of compettency. I acknowledged where I went wrong though so he was happy enough in the end.

Well done.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Congrats:D

Advertisement