Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just passed in Sligo (even with a dodgy window).. second time to do it, an absolutely sound tester and a few silly mistakes aside, I knew exactly where I got a couple of Grade 2's (observation which was much improved from my last test but still not perfect).

After a hellish week of the regulator going in my electric windows (dropping it in tomorrow.. part only arrived this morning in garage), recieving a €920 insurance renewal in the post, tax renewal (which my girlfriend paid.. god bless her) and an NCT test next month.. this was just the result I needed!

Thanks to everyone on the forum here whose questions, queries and answers helped me along the way.

Absolutely chuffed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Glad the bockety window wasn't an issue. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Passed in Galway this afternoon on my 2nd attempt. 4 grade 2s, including one each on turnabouts and reversing which was a first Never had a problem with those before but my left leg went all jumpy like it used to back when I had my first lessons. Just had to ride it out!

Heads up for anyone doing the test in Galway - lights are gone in Westside, near Dunnes, which makes for a slightly tricky right turn which the testers are well fond of. Patience is the key - felt like an eternity there with the tester, but did grand in the end. Off now to thanks my excellent driving instructor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭erwinvr101

congratulations! i passed my test more than a month ago and and i still remember that great feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Passed my test in Feb in Limerick at Castlemungret first time, after 6 months driving! Was on the way to the centre and the fuse blew in my headlamp, so in case they wouldn't take me out in my car, I had to drive my instructors car, sat into it 10mins before the test! :eek:
    Was really lucky, had a really nice examiner, I told him the situation and he was really accomodating! Cant remember what grades they were, but got 6 faults in total! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Passed yesterday in Finglas! First time! Had 15 lessons, no other car driving experience. Been on the bike about 1 1/2 years with a full license though so had some road sense.

Ha ha! indeed I see it is 1000 posts. Maybe not an epic one, but a good one none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Passed yesterday in Finglas! First time! Had 15 lessons, no other car driving experience. Been on the bike about 1 1/2 years with a full license though so had some road sense.

Congrats Man!:D
    Well done on reaching 1000 posts too!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Passed today in Tallaght, first time doing it, delighted! :D

Got five grade 2s, no grade 1s. When doing the hill start I had a bit of a mind blank and went to pull off while still in neutral, started revving but went nowhere obviously, I thought it was a disaster at the time but I'm fairly sure I wasn't even marked down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

passed in mallow!!!!!!!!
    7 blues two greens!!!!!
    only got my provisional in august!
    BOOM!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Congrats!

• Advertisement

Well done Cogan! Not even a year on a learner permit!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Well done Cogan! Not even a year on a learner permit!!:cool:

ta muchly

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Passed today despite stalling on the hill start - something i've never done before in my life! I just stayed clam and restarted and took off. Tester was sound.

I'd blame the stall on nerves and / or the situation..

Congrats adm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tinker_Bella

Hi
    congrates everyone who passed.

anyone pass theirs in the Tallaght area. I have mine in two weeks :eek:

Wat was your route like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Passed today in Letterkenny! :) Tester was really sound. I got 1 blue and 2 greens, and it was my first time too! I'm over the moon!

I had a fantastic driving instructor, so if anyone is looking for a good driving instructor in the Letterkenny area pm me!

thanks again to everyone on this forum, you've been a great help!

Congrats Beanstalk!

1 blue, 2 greens? Great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Passed today in GGGGGalway over the moon ,
    1st time, got 4 greens and 2 blues ...

Thanks to everyone on the forum with all the info its a great asset.

Pm me if you want the number of a brilliant instructor .

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Passed about 20 minutes ago in Raheny... 2nd time taking the test. I have to say the test taker was very forgiving, I hit a curb and did a couple of dodgy maneuvers lol but I think the sunshine put him in a good mood :P

7 grade two's, meaning I scraped by and victory was mine!

time to hit the motorway and tear it up lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

Passed first time today in Cork...Never behind the wheel in my life until 7 months ago..Thrilled to bits..5 grade 2s

• Advertisement

Well done 3fullback,Vorophobe,colinod!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Passed in Finglas today. Second time doing it and I'm delighted :)

The fella was pure sound and that really helped my nerves go away. Only got 3 blues aswell :cool:

Good luck to everyone else going for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tinker_Bella

Passed this morning in Tallaght!
    So happy!
    And it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. The instructor was lovely and was talking to me at times during the test which helped alot with my nerves! Im so happy. Went to apply for my license straight away!

Celebration drinks tonight :D But no driving :p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Passed this morning in Tallaght!
    So happy!
    And it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. The instructor was lovely and was talking to me at times during the test which helped alot with my nerves! Im so happy. Went to apply for my license straight away!

Well done!! Glad to hear both you and PaddyBomb say you had lovely examiners- makes a change from what I've been reading around here!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Passed my second attempt this morning in Dundalk. I was delighted - 4 Grade 1s, 0 Grade 2s and 3s. I'm only 18 so I was happy with the achievement, especially considering I got 12 Grade 2s and 5 Grade 1s in my previous test, 2 months ago.

My tester was extremely kind and friendly. Those who have done their test in Dundalk will know who I am talking about (I don't think I'm allowed to mention his name!)

Congratulations Tinker Bella - it's a great feeling when you pass!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well done, Timbuk2.

Congats Tinker Bella and Timbuk2.

A sound tester makes all the difference.. I failed first time round due to a particularly unfriendly tester, but second tester made me feel completely at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Passed my second attempt this morning in Dundalk. I was delighted - 4 Grade 1s, 0 Grade 2s and 3s. I'm only 18 so I was happy with the achievement, especially considering I got 12 Grade 2s and 5 Grade 1s in my previous test, 2 months ago.
    That's a superb result, nicely done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement