Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

passed today second time around on the rigid truck, instructor was a Pig. happy days :) their will be drink tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Passed just there an hour ago. 2 Grades one's, zero grade 2's or 3's. i was delighted, the pretest just before my actual test really calmed the nerves. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well done Steve! That's an excellent result!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

well done guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

3rd time seemingly is the charm.
    Passed this afternoon in Raheny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Congrats MiCr0, steve_ and Westwood!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Passed this morning in Tallaght. Second time round. They had cancelled my test on me the morning of the last scheduled date. I kept ringing the RSA's main office asking for a date asap. They finally sorted me out with this morning's slot. Only found out last Thurs evening that it was gonna be today.

Tester was bang on. I stayed in 3rd gear a bit while coming up to lights and on narrow roads, he said if i keep doing that I'm only throwing my chances away. Told me back at the office that he usually wouldnt say anything, but because I had been going ok apart from that he said he didnt want to have to fail me on something so stupid! What a guy! One more of the gear faults and i would have failed. 6 grade 2's overall.

Delighted. Can recommend a very good instructor for south Dublin area if anyone needs it. (He was recommended to me on here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭litmus paper

Hello, everyone passed today in tullamore, got 5 grade twos. 3 lessons, drivin now 7 months, got it before 18th birthday, delighted. was my FIRST ATTEMPT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Hello, everyone passed today in tullamore, got 5 grade twos. 3 lessons, drivin now 7 months, got it before 18th birthday, delighted. was my FIRST ATTEMPT.

Congrats!! Passed today in Navan, was waaaaaaaaaaay past my first attempt but I've gotten it 2 months short of my 20th birthday so very happy. Well done I am feeling the same way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

BTW I have a fantastic instructor to recommend for Navan, PM me for details. They were so supportive and I couldn't have passed without them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭litmus paper

thank you very much, as long as we pass, we are happy. i jus needed to pass. congrats to u as well for passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

ZOMG.

Passed on my second go in Wilton.

Konked out at start and tried to move forward in neutral for the turnabout :eek:

Shocked when I only had 5 grade 2's.

BELIEVE! lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

ZOMG.

Passed on my second go in Wilton.

Konked out at start and tried to move forward in neutral for the turnabout :eek:

Shocked when I only had 5 grade 2's.

BELIEVE! lol

Well done! Cutting out at the start would probably have put me off a bit - I'm guessing it was caused by nerves?

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Well done! Cutting out at the start would probably have put me off a bit - I'm guessing it was caused by nerves?

Congratulations!

No I dont think so. Even though the tester was a little cold it's just that its a weird double exit thingymabobber. The turnabout however probably was caused due to nerves caused by aforementioned cut out.

The rest of the test was good though. I have very good control of my car and observations mirrors etc were perfect.

Def think I deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Well done Postal, hopefully I'll be posting here too on Thursday.. :D
    Cross every finger and toe you have and pray, hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Passed today in Finglas! Over the moon :) 5 greens and 1 blue!!!! Much different than my last one!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Passed first time in Rathgar yesterday so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

Passed today in Finglas! Over the moon :) 5 greens and 1 blue!!!! Much different than my last one!!!!!

goose06 wrote: »
    Passed first time in Rathgar yesterday so happy.

Well done guys, safe motoring from now on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Passed the test (2nd) today in Tuam, nervous as ****, hands were shaking walking into test centre. The lesson just before my test put some of my worries at ease. 4 blues and 1 green (turning right, turning left, observation from taking off and clutch).I failed last time on 1 green, 10 blues and 1 red. There was lots of roadworks in the town so it reduced the amount of time I was driving but I got all the mandatory things in like hillstart and stuff. Nervous when I was doing the turnabout cos I put it in reverse instead of first gear, and *almost* hit the back kerb.
    Time to try and get insured on a 1.6 golf 2010, haha! :D Did around 35 lessons, 1 pretest (before the first test), glad it's over but I still need to improve and get my confidence up. Thanks for the helpful info I've read in the past few weeks.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

Hi I passed my test today first time in Wilton:D. Could not believe the nerves, I was sure I failed I kept making silly mistakes. The tester was really nice I drove down straight after and picked up my full licence. I passed thanks to a nice tester ,brilliant instructor who was there till the end.I also think luck played a small part I washed my car yesterday for the test and a bird pooped all over it. I would also like to say thanks to everyone on here this is a great resource for learner drivers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Passed today in Rathgar never been so happy in my life. Best feeling ever when he handed me the certificate. Really sound examiner, put me at ease straight away. Shook my hand to begin with which sounds pretty lame but was a nice gesture compared to some of the other muppets that were there. At once stage he told me to turn right and I was preparing to turn left he just laughed and said the other right. Made it a hell of a lot easier and let me relax and concentrate on the driving

Well done guys. In my opinion, having a sound tester makes all the difference. Not because they mark easier, but because they put you at ease. The first tester I had barely talked to me when walking to the car, which just made the whole experience scarier. The second test, shook hands, "It's a lovely day isn't it!" and was whistling as we walked to the car. It just causes you to relax, and drive as you would if your friends/parents were in the car, and not make nervous mistakes that you wouldn't normally make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

PASSED today !!!!! AT LAST ... SEVENTH TIME !!!!

Did it in Barcelona quite hard here ...

edit - just checked news and I don't believe this, i wasn't feeling confident earlier and said to myself "I have as much chance of passing this as Switzerland do of
    beating Spain"

TRUE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

passed on monday.

7th or 8th time... can't remember.

It's very important to have a good car and good instructor.

Succeed in Rathgar with 7/9 errors.

I tried before Finglas and Tallaght. I guess I was a bit lucky that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I finally passed!!!
    Wohoo!!!
    Looks like my theory about everyone passes in Rathgar even though it has one of the lowest pass rates works...

I had a woman tester. She was much nicer than the grumpy old man I had last time. I got 8 grade 2's (out of which two were for speeding!) so I just about managed to pass.

I didn't hold back at all this time during the test. I just drove like I would normally drive. Didn't drive any slower and wasn't any more cautious. It seemed to have worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Looks like my theory about everyone passes in Rathgar even though it has one of the lowest pass rates works...
    Heh :)

Actually a friend of mine did his test in Rathgar a month or so ago and got ~30 grade twos ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

zynaps wrote: »
    Heh :)

Actually a friend of mine did his test in Rathgar a month or so ago and got ~30 grade twos ;)

Rathgar really depends on the amount of cyclists on the road. Yesterday when I was doing my pretest there were tons of cyclists everywhere and I ended up getting loads of grade 2s because of them.
    Today there were barely any cyclists and it all was smooth sailing.

But I think the most important thing is to drive like you normally do. That's what my instructor told me yesterday after the pretest. Driving testers don't like anything more than people driving slowly and over cautiously. If you just drive with confidence and like you would normally drive, you should pass.
    As most of us know how to drive. I've driven more than 1100 miles in the past 4 months without any major incidents. Its just when you come to do the test, you get all nervous and become overly careful and cautious driving around. Looking to long at junctions before turning, taking corners too slowly. Stopping or slowing down unnecessarily, that's what fails most people.
    This post has been deleted.
    Aye sure.
    I will be dropping in every once in a while to check out how things are going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭erwinvr101

I finally passed!!!
    Wohoo!!!

congratulations AF! you must be absolutely chuffed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Have my driving test tomorrow in Finglas, wish me luck

Advertisement