Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

pmurphy00 wrote: »
    passed in tralee yesterday failed in newcastlewest a year ago tralee much easier i thought..even tho id know newcastle better i found tralee handier
    hadnt taken the route he took me on which was nearly an advantage coz i was super concentrated..
    got six grade 2's drove poor enough i thought..but passed anyhow ****in delighted!..:D:D cant wait to got on hols and scoot around in a rental!:D
    Well done, but I think you'll have to wait on the rental. They usually have a requirement that you hold the full licence at least a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

pmurphy00 wrote: »
    hadnt taken the route he took me on which was nearly an advantage coz i was super concentrated..

Same as me, I passed today (Tallaght) and he went a route I had never been on before. It caused me to super concentrate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I passed today in Rathgar :D Had an examiner in the back too. Got a few grade 1's and 8 grade 2's so it was close but a pass none the less! I hit the kerb on the reverse around the corner but didn't actually mount it so I was ok there. Got 2 grade 1's and 3 grade 2's for coasting so I need to practice on that.

I'm delighted anyways, just waiting on my pink license now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Passed on Monday in Naas (2nd test), route - as above - not the usual one. I did really well in town, few bad things done during the 3 point turn, but apart from that all went well. 4 grade 2, 2 on observation, 1 -reaction to hazard and 1 on progress. Apart from the obvious privileges, Aviva offered 200e knocked off my premium, and driving other cars as well, so money on tests spent well.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Passed today in Limerick, 2nd time - 5 grade 2s but no major panics. Delighted and relieved to have the monkey off my back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

YES I PASSED!!!

6 grade 2, 3 for progress.
    The car cut out during the turnabout but only a green for that, i pulled out in front of someone, (thought I had a grade 3). Just goes to show you always keep the head, it mightnt always be the worst!

There was a supervisor accompanying aswell.

YESSS!!!!! off to get my pink licence and go for some (legal) long drives!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Passed in Rathgar today, delighted :D
    2nd time doing it,4 grade 2s and the tester was sound,just waiting on the pink license now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Max Power1 wrote: »
    YES I PASSED!!!

6 grade 2, 3 for progress.
    The car cut out during the turnabout but only a green for that, i pulled out in front of someone, (thought I had a grade 3). Just goes to show you always keep the head, it mightnt always be the worst!

There was a supervisor accompanying aswell.

YESSS!!!!! off to get my pink licence and go for some (legal) long drives!
    Passed in Rathgar today, delighted :D
    2nd time doing it,4 grade 2s and the tester was sound,just waiting on the pink license now :D

Congrats:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

passed
    2 grade 2s

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Passed in Tallaght this morning. Woo Hoo! Such a relief to get this particular monkey off my back! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Passed in Tallaght this morning. Woo Hoo! Such a relief to get this particular monkey off my back! :D:D

Congratulations!

I've mine there next week, hopefully I pass too!

cosmic wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I've mine there next week, hopefully I pass too!
    Is it your first go??

Is it your first go??

Yep! Only been driving 5 months but I've clocked up a hell of a lot of kms over that period and had about 20 lessons with my ADI. He said I should pass if my nerves don't get in the way.

Ah you should be grand, if you just drive normally- although there can be a little bit of luck of which tester you get...

Ah you should be grand, if you just drive normally- although there can be a little bit of luck of which tester you get...

Thanks! Here's hoping! I'm not telling anyone I have it, only my OH and my ADI so there's less pressure already. Hopefully I'll be posting in this thread next Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Passed my minibus test today in Finglas. Only 1 grade 2. The roads were clear and it was the easiest test I've ever done. According to my instructor the tester I had was a mean a**hole so I actually did quite well. Delighted that's over.

Only the truck left now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Elessar wrote: »
    Passed my minibus test today in Finglas. Only 1 grade 2. The roads were clear and it was the easiest test I've ever done. According to my instructor the tester I had was a mean a**hole so I actually did quite well. Delighted that's over.

Only the truck left now!

Nice one! Is that the D1 you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Nice one! Is that the D1 you did?

Thanks! It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Oh, Im doing the test in Cork first time round tomorrow. I am getting nervous, hopefully I will be posting back in this thread later. I am probarly most worried about how I deal with navigating parked cars with oncoming traffic, and that fecking reverse round the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Cian92 wrote: »
    Oh, Im doing the test in Cork first time round tomorrow. I am getting nervous, hopefully I will be posting back in this thread later. I am probarly most worried about how I deal with navigating parked cars with oncoming traffic, and that fecking reverse round the corner.
    Being nervous for the test indicates that you're sane :D Dealing with parked cars and oncoming traffic, especially in tight residential streets, can be difficult, but nothing to worry too much about. Both you and the approaching drivers will be aware of the hazards and take things carefully - best thing is to relax and take things as they come.

When you think about it, it's a safer and more predictable situation than turning right at complex junctions, overtaking at speed, roundabouts etc, and you probably handle all of those naturally and confidently already. It's just the closeness of cars and navigation around them that makes people uneasy. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

zynaps wrote: »
    Being nervous for the test indicates that you're sane :D Dealing with parked cars and oncoming traffic, especially in tight residential streets, can be difficult, but nothing to worry too much about. Both you and the approaching drivers will be aware of the hazards and take things carefully - best thing is to relax and take things as they come.

When you think about it, it's a safer and more predictable situation than turning right at complex junctions, overtaking at speed, roundabouts etc, and you probably handle all of those naturally and confidently already. It's just the closeness of cars and navigation around them that makes people uneasy. Good luck!

Thanks your dead right! I find the more difficult stuff like rondabouts, and turning right at junction easy its just that navigating around the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Been lurking here for a few weeks. Passed my test this morning in Navan. First time :D 5 grade 2s and 7 grade 1s. Probably would have been better if I had got lessons or took more than one pre-test but who cares :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Been lurking here for a few weeks. Passed my test this morning in Navan. First time :D 5 grade 2s and 7 grade 1s. Probably would have been better if I had got lessons or took more than one pre-test but who cares :)

A good result, especially without taking lessons! Well done - enjoy your full licence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

A good result, especially without taking lessons! Well done - enjoy your full licence :)

Thanks! I will say, if I could go back I would have took a few lessons and sat the test quicker. I had to spend the last couple of weeks dismantling bad habits and it's frustrating as you get so competent at bad driving that making mistakes and such trying to do things the right way almost drives ya (bad pun) back to the learned easy bad habits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Thanks! I will say, if I could go back I would have took a few lessons and sat the test quicker. I had to spend the last couple of weeks dismantling bad habits and it's frustrating as you get so competent at bad driving that making mistakes and such trying to do things the right way almost drives ya (bad pun) back to the learned easy bad habits.

I agree - lessons set you up for good habits. I think the perfect way to learn is to practice first with a friend in a car park / driveway - just to get used to the car controls, then take about 4/5 lessons to learn the correct habits/techniques/methods/observations for driving, then take a few weeks to practice this, and then take another 5 or so lessons to prepare for the test itself.

The real learning happens when practicing with your accompanied driver - lessons teach you how to apply the skills etc. to this practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Qwertyuiop

Passed first time in Tallaght, 4 grade twos, 1 grade one. Went on a strange route and was driving for 40 minutes, once you get into the drive your fine. Best of luck to future candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

Passes 1st time in Navan today :D
    3 grade ones and 7 grade 2's.....mostly blue for observation: turning right, on turnabout and on the reverse around the corner, 2 more for progress,and 2 for road position.
    Lucky that the traffic was very light and other drivers were very considerate, most other times they seem to cut out infront when they see the L-car.....

Couldn't believe i passed but just got lucky that my pretest was the exact same as the actual one :)

Anyways just glad i wont have to pay another €75 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

PILOT wrote: »
    Passes 1st time in Navan today :D
    3 grade ones and 7 grade 2's.....mostly blue for observation: turning right, on turnabout and on the reverse around the corner, 2 more for progress,and 2 for road position.
    Lucky that the traffic was very light and other drivers were very considerate, most other times they seem to cut out infront when they see the L-car.....

Couldn't believe i passed but just got lucky that my pretest was the exact same as the actual one :)

Anyways just glad i wont have to pay another €75 :D

Congrats Pilot, I have mine next Thursday and hopefully, a spot in this thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Passed mine the other day, was my second time around. Have to say I think it all depends what tester you get on the day.

Anyway, very happy to get my full license, no more worrying about seeing the gaurds!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Passed today in Tallaght! It was my first time and I've only been driving about 5 and a half months. I'm so so happy! Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful posts, I've learned a lot from being on here. Hurrah!

Advertisement