Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Passed my test in Cavan yesterday! :D:D... First time doing the test and i had around 6 lessons altogeather! I got 3 grade 2's, -1 for observstions (changing lanes) - One for Observations (turning Left) and another 1 for reaction to hazards!! Delighted tho!! Does anyone know if i have to wait and get the actual licence or can i still drive until i get the proper licence?? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ooh, forgot to come back here! Passed last thursday, on my first time :) This forum has been really helpful, especially the thread with the step by step guide to any manouvre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I have my 4th test tomorrow, nervous as hell and I always get that way with tests. I want to be posting here tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Passed on my 4th go in Churchtown. A great big thank you to the tester that was in with me. She chatted to me and helped me calm down a lot. Made me feel at ease and that was the barrier I knew was causing my other fails!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

I told my future employer in an interview a few years ago that I could drive but was just waiting for a test date. In actual fact I had never before turned on the ignition of a car!! Then they told me I had the job and that they were going to write me a letter to get me a test right away and I nearly died! Cue frantic provisional getting (I had done the theory test thank god) and hey had me a date 6 weeks later!!!!

I had 1-2 lessons per week and on the day of the test I was terribly worried cos if I didn't pass then the job was to go down the tubes! I decided on a risky strategy. When the examiner and I got into the car I told him the test was for a job and that he wasn't to fail me unless I did something REALLY REALLY bad. I then jobber jabbered the head off him the whole way around and any time he wrote an X I demanded to know what that was for. In the end he seemed to give up and just put the clipboard into the door of the car for the rest of the journey (although we were nearly back anyway).

It was a risky move, could have backfired terribly so I'm not going to recommend it to anyone, but badgering the examiner got me a pass with 7 faults!! Yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

I passed in Finglas this morning - 8 blues but I'll take it :D Just stayed in the Finglas housing estates really, didn't even have to go through that 5 way junction at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

I told my future employer in an interview a few years ago that I could drive but was just waiting for a test date. In actual fact I had never before turned on the ignition of a car!! Then they told me I had the job and that they were going to write me a letter to get me a test right away and I nearly died! Cue frantic provisional getting (I had done the theory test thank god) and hey had me a date 6 weeks later!!!!

I had 1-2 lessons per week and on the day of the test I was terribly worried cos if I didn't pass then the job was to go down the tubes! I decided on a risky strategy. When the examiner and I got into the car I told him the test was for a job and that he wasn't to fail me unless I did something REALLY REALLY bad. I then jobber jabbered the head off him the whole way around and any time he wrote an X I demanded to know what that was for. In the end he seemed to give up and just put the clipboard into the door of the car for the rest of the journey (although we were nearly back anyway).

It was a risky move, could have backfired terribly so I'm not going to recommend it to anyone, but badgering the examiner got me a pass with 7 faults!! Yay!!

Brave move... Ur lucky that didn't backfire on ya! Well done tho!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

A bit of (carefully judged) bolshiness can go a long way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

zynaps wrote: »
    A bit of (carefully judged) bolshiness can go a long way :D

Silly thing is that by the day of the test I'd practised so so much and absolutely perfected my manoeuvres that I probably would have passed anyway even if i'd just stayed quiet but I was just worried about losing the new job and couldn't apply the brake to my mouth with the panic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET IN MY SON!!!!

Passed a few hours ago in Churchtown - you beauty!! Gonna go about the magical magical pink licence tomorrow!! And I'm heading off abroad very soon so now I'll be able to hit the freeways no bother at all!! Would have been a killer not getting it before then!!

Fully qualified - can't believe it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Passed in mullingar last Tuesday. First attempt. Did it 3 times before that in Rathgar and the roads are a nightmare. Passed with 2 yellows and 2 blues. Still waiting on my license since Wednesday last. Is that a normal waiting period?

Just passed 2nd time around in Raheny, 5 blues but they were spred out :D

Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Newsite wrote: »
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET IN MY SON!!!!

Passed a few hours ago in Churchtown - you beauty!! Gonna go about the magical magical pink licence tomorrow!! And I'm heading off abroad very soon so now I'll be able to hit the freeways no bother at all!! Would have been a killer not getting it before then!!

Fully qualified - can't believe it!!!

don't forget to apply for an international driving license just in case it's needed in the country you are going to.

Also if you are renting a car, most places require you to have held your driving license for at least one year and also be over a certain age (21-23-25 depending on the company and country)

Oh and congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

cloneslad wrote: »
    don't forget to apply for an international driving license just in case it's needed in the country you are going to.

Also if you are renting a car, most places require you to have held your driving license for at least one year and also be over a certain age (21-23-25 depending on the company and country)

Oh and congrats

Thanks mate. One step ahead of ya :) Got it this morning up in Dublin! For anyone else reading, it's very, very simple - if you're about Dub just drop in to their offices, hand them your full licence, a photo signed on the back, a fiver, and you've got your passport to drive pretty much anywhere you please!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Newsite wrote: »
    Thanks mate. One step ahead of ya :) Got it this morning up in Dublin! For anyone else reading, it's very, very simple - if you're about Dub just drop in to their offices, hand them your full licence, a photo signed on the back, a fiver, and you've got your passport to drive pretty much anywhere you please!

Is it permanent or just temporary? Also where are these offices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Wow, been a long time since I posted my success message here and its up to 80 pages of boards assisted passees! Congrats to you all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I passed today in Waterford, my second attempt and I'm absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Passed today in Finglas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second time doing it, first test was a joke cause the tester was in a really bad mood and took it out on everybody that day, today went much better, did 10 driving lessons and it all worked out, off to get my pink license tomorow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    I passed today in Waterford, my second attempt and I'm absolutely delighted.
    drawnacrol wrote: »
    Passed today in Finglas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second time doing it, first test was a joke cause the tester was in a really bad mood and took it out on everybody that day, today went much better, did 10 driving lessons and it all worked out, off to get my pink license tomorow:D

Congrats!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pokingiris

Passed on Monday in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

Passed today in Wilton in Cork. I'm happy, but... It was my second attempt. I didnt feel like I improved at all, I just feel like the first tester went to town on me with grade 2's.

In summary, theres a massive variation between what testers are looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Congrats pink licencees!
    Passed today in Wilton in Cork. I'm happy, but... It was my second attempt. I didnt feel like I improved at all, I just feel like the first tester went to town on me with grade 2's.

In summary, theres a massive variation between what testers are looking for...
    Agree with this totally... but you have no reason to care any more! We all get there eventually, so even though it can seem unfair you know now that you deserve it for sure and should enjoy spinning around (unaccompanied:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

Passed mine today in Wilton, was lurking here yesterday to cool my nerves and it helped a lot!

4 Grade 2's as opposed to 16 last time so im delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Just passed today in Wilton, first time doing the test. Got 2 grade 2s absolutely fecking delighted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

hon pa wrote: »
    Passed mine today in Wilton, was lurking here yesterday to cool my nerves and it helped a lot!

4 Grade 2's as opposed to 16 last time so im delighted!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Passed back in mid August! Really easy runs i think in Navan. Was over the moon, then i sold my car and cant drive now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Passed back in mid August! Really easy runs i think in Navan. Was over the moon, then i sold my car and cant drive now! :(

I know how you feel. I am long term unemployed and what I wouldn't give to have my own car again. As it is, I'm forced to drive around my mother's trolley with an engine and even then, I am restricted as to where I can drive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

passed the truck test in tallaght today absolutely delighted got 5 blues 2 greens,second time to do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Buzzing, passed today with 5 grade 2s. First time out got 7 grade 2s and one grade 3...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement