Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

passed on thursday on my first attempt!! I was sure I was going to fail because I only took three lessons in my life and I was coasting too much on the accelerator and not looking in my mirrors enough!! but managed to come out with 3 grade 1s and 4 grade 2s delighted!!
    well done you.

happy and safe motoring now.
    ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Walked in today, was nervous. At the Q&A I was blurting random words but I only got two grade 1s. Car checks went fine, he asked me where I'd put fluid for the cooler and I pointed at the windscreen washer, I think he realised I knew the answer but misheard so he asked me where I'd put the liquid for the windscreen washer so I pointed both engine coolant and windscreen washer to him, no points there. All in all 8 grade two, observation, progression on a right turn, checking mirrors, braking, turnabout. I had to put on the sunglasses for most of it as the sun was low.

I felt this was the worst of the three exams and he totally caught me off guard when he produced and asked me to sign the certificate of compedancy, I was like, what? stunned. It's been almost exactley a year since I sent off for my theory test exam, so glad it's over, I'm really delighted that I don't need to be in the car as much anymore I can get back to cycling my bikes, also I'm delighted that I get an extra forty minutes in bed in the morning and I'll be getting home an hour earlier in the evening, one hour forty minutes extra to myself everyday.

On a final note, I would like to say that I found the www.drivingtesttips.ie site really helpful, I know you post here often and I want to thank you for allowing access to this site for all learner drivers, it really is a brilliant site.

Best of luck to everyone else doing their test, don't stress it, just get it done, failing isn't the end of the world but passing is a great feeling and then it's out of the way forever. (OK that was the final note)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Well done Captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Skyb

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Well done Captain Havoc!
    I'm really delighted that I don't need to be in the car as much anymore I can get back to cycling my bikes

Ha ha - This is exactly how I felt when I passed too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I passed this morning in Wilton in Cork!!! 6 grade 2's!! Delighted!! And I had posted a thread about the reverse around the corner and not being very good at it but it went fine and got no marks for it!! Thanks for all the help and encouragement on here guys!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Passed with one grade 1 such a change from my first test so happy i passed ! Feels great not having to ever thing about a test again !!! Whooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Skyb wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Congrats !

The final priority all else being clear is to make sure there is nothing in the road into which you are turning, pedestrian or otherwise, and no oncoming traffic before you begin your turn - you might have moved a little bit too early without checking back into the road into which you're turning after your final left look.

You also have to make sure that there is nothing oncoming - i.e. a final check ahead of you again before you make the turn. If you were focused on left and right he/she might have felt that you wern't prioritising this.

Well done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DarrenGT4

passed my car test back in 2007 at the age of 18. i passed my ridget test back this year in augest and i passed my artic test back 2 weeks ago. i passed my car second time. passed the ridget first time and the artic test the second time. the reverseing was fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

DarrenGT4 wrote: »
    passed my car test back in 2007 at the age of 18. i passed my ridget test back this year in augest and i passed my artic test back 2 weeks ago. i passed my car second time. passed the ridget first time and the artic test the second time. the reverseing was fun :)

Well done on the Artic, I heard the reverse is memorable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Was delighted to pass first time today in wilton cork.. crazy xmas and snow to deal with but luckily i managed to get thru it with 1 grade 1 and 2 grade 2.

hard to believe 2weeks ago i wouldnt have given myself much chance with the bads habits i had but my instructor was excellent and praticed like mad.. looks like there wont be many more tests carried out for rest of year by the looks if this weather holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Passed in Wicklow today first time...jurassic park!! The tester put me right at ease from the start. Took Valerian tablets and herbal rescue remedy drops, had zero nerves and would highly recommend them. Thanks again to boards! Oh yeah my beautiful girlfriend taught me how to drive, big thanks to Sugarlumps.

Well done Bobby! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Glenza69

Passed my truck test today (Cat. C) Absolutely delighted :D Was worried about the practical test buts it's a cakewalk, they practically answer for you..

Now for the bad boy Artic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Passed in Wicklow today first time...jurassic park!! The tester put me right at ease from the start. Took Valerian tablets and herbal rescue remedy drops, had zero nerves and would highly recommend them. Thanks again to boards! Oh yeah my beautiful girlfriend taught me how to drive, big thanks to Sugarlumps.

Sincere congrats! I'm up for my first time test down in Wicklow Town on the 1st Feb... nerves haven't hit me just yet...

Is it as bad as they say? I've plenty of experience driving around Wicklow, but never under test/pre-test conditions.

Well done, again! Hopefully I'll be posting something similar here in about 2 weeks' time!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

DazMarz wrote: »
    Sincere congrats! I'm up for my first time test down in Wicklow Town on the 1st Feb... nerves haven't hit me just yet...

Is it as bad as they say? I've plenty of experience driving around Wicklow, but never under test/pre-test conditions.

Well done, again! Hopefully I'll be posting something similar here in about 2 weeks' time!!!!:D

I heard a lot of horror stories as well but I found the test route okay. I did have 3 pre-tests spread out over a few months, bar that the missus taught me how to drive. My test was at 2:55, I presumed I’d be stuck in traffic with the kids finishing school and whatnot but it was clear roads for the most part.

The roads were manic from 4:00 onwards as I was leaving. As I said in my previous post the Valerian tablets and the Rescue Remedy drops worked a treat to calm the nerves. I would strongly recommend them if your anyway nervous. Just make sure to have your rules of the road and under the bonnet...etc down to a T. All the best in your test!!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I did have 3 pre-tests spread out over a few months

I think pre-tests are the key. I definitely wouldn't have passed my test if I hadn't had a pre-test the hour previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

WOOOHOOOOO!

Passed Churchtown today!

Two Grade 1's and three Grade 2's.

Was the second go and even got the same tester! Gas.

:D

chin_grin wrote: »
    WOOOHOOOOO!

Passed Churchtown today!

Congratulations chin_grin!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

i passed today in raheny :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

i passed today in raheny :):):)

Good for you - well done. :) Did they bring you on one of the normal (Kilbarrack/Clontarf) routes?

spurious wrote: »
    Good for you - well done. :) Did they bring you on one of the normal (Kilbarrack/Clontarf) routes?

ehh went up by mount prospect then through a few estates in clontarf,my instructor never brought me on the route so i dont know if its a normal one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ehh went up by mount prospect then through a few estates in clontarf,my instructor never brought me on the route so i dont know if its a normal one

Yeah that's a normal one - no real nasties on it - hopefully they'll have given up on Middle Third when I'm back out there next week. Fourth time lucky I hope.

spurious wrote: »
    Yeah that's a normal one - no real nasties on it - hopefully they'll have given up on Middle Third when I'm back out there next week. Fourth time lucky I hope.

good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Passed !!!
    In Wicklow at the second time of asking.
    When I failed I thought the tester would ask me for a pen he was making so many marks.

This time I really believe the couple of lessons I had made all the difference.

If anyone is looking for an instructor for the south east area PM me,.
    Can't recommend mine highly enough. And I got his contact details from here so it goes to show it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Passed today (Churchtown), aged 19 and with only two days left until my Provisional license expired. Phew!!

Well done PurvesGrundy & RoryMurphyJnr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Wow, can't believe I'm actually posting in this thread...

Passed first time in Sligo this afternoon. Four grade 2's for position turning right, progress turning right and left and competentcy on the reverse. To say this is the happiest day of my life is an understatment! I want to wish any learners here the best of luck on their tests, if I could do it anyone can. Believe me, I was the most nervous, clumsy driver of all time. (Just check back on my previous posts on this forum!)

Off now to celebrate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

OMG Im so happy I just passed my driving test in Naas Second Attempt. I'm 19 and couldn't wait for this day to come!! :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭dodger50

Congrats!
    Be careful out there.

Advertisement