Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

robfullam wrote: »
    OMG Im so happy I just passed my driving test in Naas Second Attempt. I'm 19 and couldn't wait for this day to come!! :D:)

Congrats and save driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

My instructor brought me down to earth after I passed mine.

Statistically you are more likely to crash within 3 months of getting your test than at any other time.

Don't know how true it was but it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

Yeah Its probably bcos you just relax and know you've your full licence and think your "Free" If you get me... It wears off then i guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

robfullam wrote: »
    OMG Im so happy I just passed my driving test in Naas Second Attempt. I'm 19 and couldn't wait for this day to come!! :D:)

Congrats, as has been said though, take it easy. Too many young drivers think they are driving gods once they pass their test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

well done guys :) best of luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Passed today, 3rd time in Finglas. I'm very happy, could have sworn it was my worst one. My reverse around the corner was very wide and I even cut out on the turn about. It's a great feeling to pass, makes persevering worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

Passed today in Waterford.. 1st time!!

AHHHH... actually delighted!!!! :D:D

I feel like everyone should know.. I want to tell the world!hahaha.. what a relief!

Few faults but feck it.. still passed! YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BerwickB

Well done all. I hope to have my name here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Congrats, as has been said though, take it easy. Too many young drivers think they are driving gods once they pass their test.

Too right, I still classify myself as a beginner driver. I don't think I'm even confident to drive alone yet.

I even stalled twice driving out of the test centre cos I was so over-excited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BerwickB

Passed my test first time. Nice one! I found the number for the instructor who taught me to drive, only last year. Got some more lessons before the test.....and passed first time. Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

Passed it! Thanks boards.ie, I found your advices extremelly helpful. I practiced almost every day and when I got into the car with the examiner, I felt like I was driving with navigation system, which was somehow calming. Best of luck for those who have a test !

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Passed there second time in Rathgar, really felt I nailed it!

4 blues, 3 from observation. Safe to say I am chuffed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Go Joe! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Passed my test today in Castlebar at the first time of trying! Delighted! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

I pass the driving test in finglas this morning for the first time. Really pound of myself. It not the nicest test route I done. I hate those annoying mini roundabout that is painted. At least I pass the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

Passed my test today thanks goodness thought there was a good chance I wud fail. I nearly did too got 8 grade 2s a few grade 1s but doesnt matter I passed it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Passed there last week in Finglas, two blues (one for observation turning right and one for right of way on a roundabout), delighted :D at the end the tester said there was nothing to report on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Passed this morning in Raheny, I'm delighted :D Got 7 blues, mainly for observation and turning left/right. As soon as I got back I went on my first ever solo drive and sang along to the radio on full blast- got a few funny looks but couldn't have cared less! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Passed! Pretty awesome feeling now. Also, talking to the instructor before hand.

Me: Yeah good call on me getting a car with no power steering.
    Instructor: A big lad like you would have no problem with that.
    Me:Yeah, I guess so!

On the way back the steering felt as light as when I first got it! Nerves clearly messing with my head.

7/9 but sure hey, time to get a bigger car with cheaper insurance.

Much respect to you guys, I lurked here a fair bit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

barura wrote: »
    Me: Yeah good call on me getting a car with no power steering.
    Instructor: A big lad like you would have no problem with that.
    Me:Yeah, I guess so!

On the way back the steering felt as light as when I first got it! Nerves clearly messing with my head.

7/9 but sure hey, time to get a bigger car with cheaper insurance.
    Congrats! 'twas similar here, except for not being a big lad :D Failed the first time in my instructor's fancy new Ford Fiesta, then passed a month later in my old 1995 Fiesta with no power steering, just by a hair. Picked up two grade 2s for competence and observation during the turnabout where I'd done fine the first time, probably because I was frantically wrenching the wheel around - you only really notice the lack of power steering at low speeds or worse, when stopped... :pac:

About a week later I went and bought an automatic with power-steering... still enjoyed it the old way but this is slightly more fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Must have been something in the water in Raheny on Wednesday.

Passed three of us who were sitting in the waiting room together. Seemed to be very long tests though, not that I'm too bothered now.

3 Grade 1s

2 Grade 2s

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Passed this morning in Tallaght, second time.

First time a series of unfortunate incidents before the test made me a nervous wreck, and don't think I was ready yet. That was in july. Didn't drive for month and decided to start driving again a couple of month ago.

Didn't take anymore lessons or pretests after the 1st failure, decided to take my chances. Passed with 7 blue, most in turning left. Probably could have done with a pretest or two to get the bad habits pointed out...but oh well its done now, and I'm delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Passed yesterday in galway,2 grade 1's,3 grade 2's,not bad for a 17 year old only driving 6 months! Didnt make much of a difference on my insurance tho :( 3200 on a 1 litre 1987 starlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Tomebagel wrote: »
    Passed yesterday in galway,2 grade 1's,3 grade 2's,not bad for a 17 year old only driving 6 months! Didnt make much of a difference on my insurance tho :( 3200 on a 1 litre 1987 starlet!
    Oh man that's atrocious :( Hope you rang every broker in the phone book and harangued them for a better deal? If not, do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Well done on passing at 17!!!You should be entitled to a rebate from your insurance company seeing that you passed. You should at least get a few hundred back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

zynaps wrote: »
    Oh man that's atrocious :( Hope you rang every broker in the phone book and harangued them for a better deal? If not, do it!!

Not a hope in hell would i pay that for it!
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    Well done on passing at 17!!!You should be entitled to a rebate from your insurance company seeing that you passed. You should at least get a few hundred back...

Thats the quote i got after i passed my test to see if it would be affordable to insure it,in the end i just got insured on my oul ladies jeep under her name for 750,doesnt make sense how a 2.0 td jeep is ALOT cheaper the a little 1 litre 24 year old starlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Passed last Saturday :) only 17 and my 6 months gone 17 are only up last thursday.. safe to say i am delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Not a hope in hell would i pay that for it!

Thats the quote i got after i passed my test to see if it would be affordable to insure it,in the end i just got insured on my oul ladies jeep under her name for 750,doesnt make sense how a 2.0 td jeep is ALOT cheaper the a little 1 litre 24 year old starlet!

I previously found with Quinn that there is a loading on the premium if the value of the car is down as under a certain value (€1500), try getting a few quotes when you seriously over estimate the value of the starlet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Passed this morning in Mullingar...my 5th test! Last time I did the test was May 2009!

I got 5 blues:
    1 for observation moving off
    1 for reaction to hazards
    1 for mirrors overtaking
    1 for progress at roundabouts
    and 1 for observation when reversing!

I'm so happy I finally passed. I took seven lessons and had a pretest :cool::cool:

Advertisement