Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

:D Just passed my test! 1 grade 2 marked for lane change and thats it, the rest is blank! Over the moon big time, thanks gary at A+.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I never thought I'd be posting in this thread, I was always lurking around the Unsuccessful one! Passed today on my 3rd attempt, 6 grade 2 mistakes. I'm so happy!!!! Last exam I'm ever going to take in my life. Not having my test passed was really beginning to affect my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭skippy15

passed Thur in Tallaght only 1 grade 2.
    Had pre test before it and ironed out one or two small difficulties, think used up some of my nerves there and drove as I would normally during the test instead of an over cautious edgy driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Passed today in Wicklow, 2nd time out... delighted with myself. Much calmer and cooler this time, tho I should have had a glass of water before the test, as my mouth was as dry as Ghandi's flip-flop going around and it was annoying me.

Given the previous disaster of my first test (2 Grade 3's/Red and 13 Grade 2's/Blue), this was an absolute quantam leap forward; 3 Grade 1's/Green and only 3 Grade 2's/Blue.

Absolutely delighted with myself now!!! Applied for the full licence already, and also got nearly €300 reduction in my insurance premium! Happy days! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Whoop!!! I have passed my test!! :D First time and only have been driving for 2months!! :D Got a Grade 1 and one Grade 2 ;)

Only my insurance doesn't reflect that :( It went down by €8 and I got a 'new' quote on same company's website for which is €10 extra cheaper (meaning €18 in total) WTF??:confused: So I have emailed them about that and hopefully they'll bring it down further!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

XDivaX wrote: »
    Whoop!!! I have passed my test!! :D First time and only have been driving for 2months!! :D Got a Grade 1 and one Grade 2 ;)

Only my insurance doesn't reflect that :( It went down by €8 and I got a 'new' quote on same company's website for which is €10 extra cheaper (meaning €18 in total) WTF??:confused: So I have emailed them about that and hopefully they'll bring it down further!
    Might be because of the new legislation coming in December. Women used to get a reduction of insurance and men an increase just cause of their sex, maybe thats the reason why as insurance companies will have to change it soon anyways? Regardless, well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

XDivaX wrote: »

2 months ? Fair play to yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Passed last Wednesday myselk. Was my 3rd time doing in Churchtown, picked up 5 grade 2s and 1 grade 1. I know off hand where I got 3/4 of the grade 2s so I'm happy enough with it.

Driving for a little under a year, first test back in Nov. Then again in Feb and last week. Had 4 pre lessons the first time, 2 the 2nd time and didn't do any for the last one.

Biggest things I changed was in stopping and yield signs and nearly all junctions. I've slowed my driving down a good bitm which doesn't mean I'm speeding by any means, but just taking it a bit easier!!

Suppose I was less nervous having being through the two previous tests. Delighted to finally get the test!! Goodluck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Honestly didn't think I'd be posting in this thread for a while! Passed this morning in Waterford at the 3rd time of asking with 3 blues. The sheer relief is something else! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Daysha wrote: »
    Honestly didn't think I'd be posting in this thread for a while! Passed this morning in Waterford at the 3rd time of asking with 3 blues. The sheer relief is something else! :D

Congrats!! I'd recommend a tall frosty beer to celebrate!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Congrats!! I'd recommend a tall frosty beer to celebrate!:)

Just finished a Guinness in the local. One step ahead of ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 skerryman

Passed first time today. Chuffed. Got 5 faults so happy with that. Took a lesson beforehand to get used to the road traffic etc and is definitely something I'd recommend doing. Also found it helpful to try imagine it was the missus sitting next to me and not a tester (didn't drop the hand though :) Helped with nerves, also just taking it in sections in my head and not worrying about any possible faults I had made and getting on with it. Anyway pressure off, job done, happy out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddywroks

Just passed on my first attempt. Delighted! Thought i might have made a hames of one roundabout but I didn't even get a mark for it. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

paddywroks wrote: »
    Just passed on my first attempt. Delighted! Thought i might have made a hames of one roundabout but I didn't even get a mark for it. Happy Days

And of all day's to pass!! Well done Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Just passed an hour ago in Westside Galway, my second time doing it. Just got 1 mark in the blue for a reaction to a hazard, the funny thing is I thought I did a way better test the first time and failed it due to 11 in the blue. Last time the instructor had an incredibly ignorrant manner to say the least. This time I got a real pleasant mannered lad, in fact he could have failed me as on the turnabout I rolled against the kerb on the reverse but it was so soft he mightn't have copped it. Also it was at the end of the test and I had done excellent up until then so maybe he just let me off. The relief is unreal, I found it a lot more nerve wracking doing it this time than before, the instructor started laughing when he told me I had passed and I said "Go way, really..." with a big red face on me.
    Thanks be to god, made my year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OwenCo

Happy Days. Just passed my test out in Naaaavan. Easier then in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Passed <SNIP> this morning in Finglas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Sunday ISM instructor gave me enough grade 2s on a pre-test to fail me 3 times. A 2 hour session and the man tore me apart.

Took his comments on board, and booked him for Tuesday. Result is I now fail 1.5 times based on grade 2s. This time it was constructive criticism, so felt better at the end of the 2 hours.

Take on board his comments and drive all day Wednesday and today I passed on first attempt out in Tallaght. Got two or three avoidable grade 2s, but overall am chuffed, and wrecked.

I can definitely recommend some proper instruction on 2 or 3 occasions in the run up to the test. Tallaght's 42% pass rate had me well nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

skerryman wrote: »
    Also found it helpful to try imagine it was the missus sitting next to me and not a tester (didn't drop the hand though :)
    So that's what I did wrong... no wonder he gave me those funny looks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 slow.loris

Passed this morning in Tallaght. Got five blue marks and one green.
    Just wanted to say thank you all in this forum, I kept reading it for last couple of weeks and learned a lot from your discussions.
    And of course big thanks to my instructor, I cannot praise him highly enough. Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Yeahhhhhhh!!

Passed on Tuesday in Portlaoise with three marks. I'm thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Revelry

Passed in Finglas last week on the 3rd attempt. Got a few grade 2s for reaction to hazards because he said I hit some ramps a bit hard, I thought I went over them at a crawl myself but some of the ramps in Finglas are in bits. Delighted anyway!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

:D:D Passed first time this morning. Delighted is an understatement. I finished with 4 grade 2 faults so not too bad :) .

Tester was a bit of a....... Spick and Span seats in an A4 and he still wasn't happy, kept banging the seats to see how much dust would rise. He told me once he got into the car that my car was unbelievably dirty when it wasn't. (Pre-tester earlier in the morning told me the car was looking perfect inside).
    He told me after the test he could have chose not to go ahead with the test 'cos of the 'state' of the car.

Who chooses these invalids to do the testing?

Anyhow, I don't really care, I passed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Passed yesterday in Finglas :) Lovely sunny day it was and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Just passed in my first attempt in Killarney. Got 6 Grade 2's, no Grade 1's. Delighted!

I did a pre test an hour before it and got 3 Grade 3's!! Just brushed myself off, stayed calm and got fairly lucky with regard to hazards etc in that there were very few. 4 of my Grade 2's came at one roundabout I think.

Thanks to all on this forum...very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Passed this morning in Navan 1st attempt ;) mind you i just about passed but still I can't complain its over and done with now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Just passed in my first attempt in Killarney. Got 6 Grade 2's, no Grade 1's. Delighted!

I did a pre test an hour before it and got 3 Grade 3's!! Just brushed myself off, stayed calm and got fairly lucky with regard to hazards etc in that there were very few. 4 of my Grade 2's came at one roundabout I think.

Thanks to all on this forum...very helpful

Congrats, feels good doesn't it:)

Yeah I think those pre tests are a bit of a farce to be honest. The results in the test rarely is ever match up.

I asked my instructor before my test to just take me out for a drive, without marking, just to make sure I had everything fine tuned.

Fair play and happy driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

kearney13 wrote: »
    Passed this morning in Navan 1st attempt ;) mind you i just about passed but still I can't complain its over and done with now :)

Fair play gettin it on your first go. Took me 3 attempts! Even if it was tight as you say, you passed!

Did my test in Navan too. Very hit and miss test area. When busy it's a nightmare, but if quiet, it's a walkthrough.

Best of luck!

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jan_Itor

Passed first time Wilton after barely 6 months! Tester looked like he had a hangover!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭rachos89

Jan_Itor wrote: »
    Passed first time Wilton after barely 6 months! Tester looked like he had a hangover!

Note to self: book test for Monday morning :P

Advertisement