Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Scien wrote: »
    Yay! Have been lurking in this thread for a while wanting to post.
    Got my first insurance policy on May 17th, had a 2hr lesson last Friday and a 2hr lesson yesterday and passed this morning with 4 grade 2's.

My tester couldn't have been more unenthusiastic, although it's hard to blame him. It's got to be one of the most monotonous job around.
    Tried to make conversation with him but that was met with silence and a vacant stare. I considered checking his pulse at one stage during the trip. :pac:

Glad it's out of the way now.
    Best of luck to all others trying. My advice; Have confidence. I refused to let nerves affect me and drove like I normally would. Pretend he's not there and drive with plain old common sense. Don't focus too much on remembering every little detail your instructor has told you or you'll just get muddled up.

Off for a pint now! :)

It can be distracting when the tester isn't very nice I would imagine:) Mine luckily was lovely - he wasn't too friendly but he still said enough to put me at ease - he was so calm. It really makes a difference when the tester makes an effort too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭City boy turned country

I passed last Friday in tallaght. Was sure i failed after some stupid mistakes. I'm sure the tester thought I had tourettes, I was cursing that much under mt breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    So delighted I could write here today, best Feeling ever :)

Soundest instructor ever,

Full license :):)
    threein99 wrote: »
    Passed in Carlow town today first time, absolutely delighted got 6 grade 2 faults, which was a bit more than Id have liked but delighted all the same.
    I passed last Friday in tallaght. Was sure i failed after some stupid mistakes. I'm sure the tester thought I had tourettes, I was cursing that much under mt breath.

Congrats to ye all. I got a cancellation for this Thursday in Carlow. Hopefully I'll be posting in this thread too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

WOHOOOOO!

Passed first time after 3 hours of lessons. Living in the sticks so have been driving round 'fields' since I was 11. Some bad habits picked up along the way but they were corrected easily.

6 grade 2 faults (4 to do with clutch and gears) .

Tester was a nice chap.

Delighted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

LakesKeane wrote: »
    WOHOOOOO!

Passed first time after 3 hours of lessons. Living in the sticks so have been driving round 'fields' since I was 11. Some bad habits picked up along the way but they were corrected easily.

6 grade 2 faults (4 to do with clutch and gears) .

Tester was a nice chap.

Delighted now.

That's geat news and fair play passing after only 3 lessons. Was a more uphill struggle for me, being from an urban area and never getting a shot of a car till I was 21 added to this:)

Happy driving and well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Thank god I can finally post in this thread.

Passed on the 4th go in Rathgar (Two previous fails in Rathgar and one in Donegal Town).

Got 7 blues, including a stall leaving the test centre :o

Weirdly enough my tester was the same guy from my very first test in Donegal.

Delighted I can finally put the spectre of Rathgar behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DraganSerbovic

Passed in Wilton (Cork city) on the 4th attempt today, absolutely thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭str|ct9

Passed in Rathgar today :) Second attempt at it.
    5 G2s, but tester said it was a solid drive overall.

Cudos to my instructor! Never thought I'd pass it :)

Now, off to do some car shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

str|ct9 wrote: »

Congrats!! Safe driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

str|ct9 wrote: »

Well done !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Passed today in Galway, 1st time. 1 green fault at a roundabout and that's it. Loooooove it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Passed in Galway today, fucking delighted! First time, 6 grade 2's :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marrakechheat

is this thread for succesful practical test only or theory test as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

mostly practical..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

Wooo passed my test second time round in rathgar tonight! Never thought I'd be able to write on this thread :-) :-) tester was the usual..seemed unfriendly to begin with but hey that's his job, he was lovely at the end spent ages chatting and explaining why he gave me any grade 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Passed this morning \o/
    And I cant believe how lucky I was. I must have caught something in road works on the way back into the test centre.When I pulled in everything was grand but by the time I came back out the tyre was flat :eek:
    A few hundred metres earlier and I was fcuked :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

is this thread for succesful practical test only or theory test as well?

Mostly practical, but it doesn't matter!
    Wooo passed my test second time round in rathgar tonight! Never thought I'd be able to write on this thread :-) :-) tester was the usual..seemed unfriendly to begin with but hey that's his job, he was lovely at the end spent ages chatting and explaining why he gave me any grade 2's.
    Mega Chin wrote: »
    Passed this morning \o/
    And I cant believe how lucky I was. I must have caught something in road works on the way back into the test centre.When I pulled in everything was grand but by the time I came back out the tyre was flat :eek:
    A few hundred metres earlier and I was fcuked :o

Congrats to both of you. Best of luck with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Passed first time with two grade twos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Just did mine in Finglas for the second time and passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Passed on my first time in Finglas today: 5 grade ones, 6 grade twos. It's a good thing I'm not a particularly nervous person, as I had a couple of moments I was unsure of. I was in complete suspense as I walked back to the the centre, but that changed to relief as I saw the 'Certificate of Competency' booklet come out. The tester graciously explained a few of the faults I made too. Absolutely delighted knowing I'll have my full license soon.

A big thanks to everyone who posted in the 'Unsuccessful' thread too; it really helped me look for faults in my own driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JJGallagher

Passed. Test was at 6.55pm so the roads were quiet enough but lots of groups of teens wandering aimlessly around and out in front of my car!!

Got way more nervous than I thought I would. Got 1 grade 2 in the pre-est but got 6 in the real thing. I'll take it but I know it was nerves too. Two were for progress!! He was nice enough after to tell me I could have drove it on a little :p

Feeling relieved now but it's such an anti-climax. What do I do now? Just get out there and learn as I go I suppose. I also need to learn how to reverse into a parking space. I'm useless at it.

Thanks to the regulars here. Such a big help. Going to drive into town now for a big ice-cream cone!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freaky

Passed today, 2nd time in Tralee deeeeelighted:). 6 grade 2's and 1 grade 1, most of the grade twos for lack of progress. Totally shocked to pass as really didnt think I had!

Freaky wrote: »
    Passed today, 2nd time in Tralee deeeeelighted:). 6 grade 2's and 1 grade 1, most of the grade twos for lack of progress. Totally shocked to pass as really didnt think I had!

Great feeling isn't it! Well done! Now ya have that license, u have it for life! Best of luck with the driving:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Passed the test 1st time in Ennis today! :D After 10 lessons I only got 2 grade 1 faults and 3 grade 2 faults. Happy out!!!

Quite an achievement that! Well done and bet of luck with the driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sineadsss

i passed my test thursday whoooooooooo 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Passed! Woohoo! First time! Did my test at Castlemungret in Limerick! :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Ha, well done Poxy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Passed first time today! I had the first test of the day, absolutely delighted! :D

Advertisement