Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

novarock wrote: »
    Passed in Rathgar today! I AM ONE OF THE 37%

4 marks overall, all of which I could tell him what they were for, much clearer picture than the fail I got in churchtown a month ago.

Well done. It's a great feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

well done to all

I hope that i do the same on the 13th thrusday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Passed first time in Raheny today. Couldn't believe it. Driving since January (done 12 edt and 2 pretests). Went out for an hour with my instructor then went straight into the test. I'm a bit trigger happy so instructor got me to bring the pace down which really helped. Hardly got out of 3rd gear, 7 grades 2s couple of them over me been stupid/jittery but a pass none the less :o

If ya want the name/num of the instructor pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Passed In Cork-Wilton this morning thank christ! 8 Blues! Nice one!

If anyone wants to PM me about the Cork test; dont hesitate!;)

PASSED thrursday 13

2 grade d1's
    2 grade d2's
    First time pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Passed today in Skibb at first attempt. Tester was surprisingly chatty, was a lot easier experience than I had been expecting. It might have been helped by the fact it was 6 o'clock on a saturday evening and he might have wanted to go home.

Pulled in to the yard just before 6, test was meant to be at 6:35. Only the tester was there, he asked was I there for the test and called me straight in as his earlier one had cancelled, was all over by about 25 past.

Luckily we did the turnabout and reverse around the corner in some of the easier places I had practised with instructor during the week.

Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Passed this morning in Rathgar. 2nd attempt.
    Absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Passed my test at noon in Carlow town!! :D:D First attempt, only started learning (from scratch!!) in February.

I got five Grade 1's and two Grade 2's. There was a couple of times during the test where I thought, ok...thats it, I failed. Narrowly avoided stopping in a box junction and kinda' stopped on a pedestrian crossing, the bumper was on the crossing, because some guy couldnt make up his mind what he wanted to do! :rolleyes:

F*(king delighted!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Passed my test at noon in Carlow town!! :D:D First attempt, only started learning (from scratch!!) in February.

I got five Grade 1's and two Grade 2's. There was a couple of times during the test where I thought, ok...thats it, I failed. Narrowly avoided stopping in a box junction and kinda' stopped on a pedestrian crossing, the bumper was on the crossing, because some guy couldnt make up his mind what he wanted to do! :rolleyes:

F*(king delighted!!!!!

I had a feeling you would - well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Passed first time in Raheny this morning. Couldn't believe it. I had a dodgy hill start after reversing around a corner so thought I'd flunked it right at the start of the test so I was probably more relaxed as a result, I was almost planning on when to reapply! I had eight grade twos and four grade ones, so just shaded it. I knew exactly where and when my breaking faults were, turning right onto really narrow roads. Overall I thought the test was fair. I was confident with the oral questions and the engine/controls questions. Tester seemed to write a lot but in the end I passed. So happy to not have to redo it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

Passed first time in Finglas. Was delighted but felt sorry for the two lads in the boots beside me when I heard their instructors failing them.

p to the e wrote: »
    Passed first time in Finglas. Was delighted but felt sorry for the two lads in the boots beside me when I heard their instructors failing them.

thats not your fault, congrats!!! on passing your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Just passed the EC test in finglas first time,8 blues and a dozen greens! just about scraped it ,Test was at 2pm and roads were clogged with people collecting kids and it was raining,really thought i had failed as I brushed off the kerb on the mini roundabout at Dunnes on cardiffsbridge road.Tester even said it was close but still told me I was competent enough to drive and passed me,Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 graphy

Passed it today! 6 Grade 2s. So chuffed :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

triple-M wrote: »
    Just passed the EC test in finglas first time,8 blues and a dozen greens! just about scraped it ,Test was at 2pm and roads were clogged with people collecting kids and it was raining,really thought i had failed as I brushed off the kerb on the mini roundabout at Dunnes on cardiffsbridge road.Tester even said it was close but still told me I was competent enough to drive and passed me,Happy days!!

Any more triple or are you offically retired from motor testing!?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Any more triple or are you offically retired from motor testing!?:eek:

just the bike,then thats all boxes ticked ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Passed my test in Castlemungret! First time!!

Didnt realise how nervous I was til the tester sneezed and I screamed! He scared the life out of me! Haha!

Oh What a Feeling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

That is one of the funniest true stories Ive ever read.. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Passed today in Raheny, tester was very nice and gave me good advice afterwards (a contrast to a previous experience)

Got 6 Grade 2's some silly errors.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Passed today in Raheny, tester was very nice and gave me good advice afterwards (a contrast to a previous experience)

Got 6 Grade 2's some silly errors.
    never the less it is a pass

happy and safe driving

james

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Passed first time today in Woodview, Limerick.

1 Green, 2 Blues.

Delighted. :D I've been taking weekly lessons for the past 2 1/2 months and that has made a huge difference - my instructor was great. Felt really confident going in (but nervous as hell last night).

Tester was a really nice guy too, which I think makes a huge difference. Straight away felt comfortable around him, as opposed to intimidated.

I didn't post here, but lurked a lot over the past month, so thanks to all on this forum too - tonnes of great advice on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Passed first time today in Woodview, Limerick.

1 Green, 2 Blues.

Delighted. :D I've been taking weekly lessons for the past 2 1/2 months and that has made a huge difference - my instructor was great. Felt really confident going in (but nervous as hell last night).

Tester was a really nice guy too, which I think makes a huge difference. Straight away felt comfortable around him, as opposed to intimidated.

I didn't post here, but lurked a lot over the past month, so thanks to all on this forum too - tonnes of great advice on here :)

Sounds like a great test! well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

Have been lurking around this forum for the last few months.

Passed 1st time in Rathgar yesterday!

Only reason I passed was due to knowing the roads like the back of my hand. It made me less nervous.

Done just over 1000km over the last two months around Rathgar/ Churchtown. Went out before and after work. Did one pretest the day before which really helped.

Does anyone know when the new credit card style licenses are coming out? May hold off getting the pink license if its not too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Does anyone know when the new credit card style licenses are coming out? May hold off getting the pink license if its not too far off.

Congrats on passing.

Think it's January 2013 that they have to be introduced for so if you can hold of until then probably is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Just be aware that you'll still have to display l plates and have a qualified driver, can't drive on motorways etc until you have the full licence in your possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

lazygal wrote: »
    Just be aware that you'll still have to display l plates and have a qualified driver, can't drive on motorways etc until you have the full licence in your possession.

Oh right. Maybe I won't hold off in that case.

The tester did mention not being able to drive on motorways. But didn't mention the rest. He said the opposite. Probably best get it sorted rather than wait.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

I did my test back in January this year. Was only barely eligible to do it as I had my prov only 6 months and 3 days because I got it the day after my 17th birthday :D Was the best feeling ever going in and being told you passed. Relieves so much pressure :) One thing I totally disagree with tho is the idea that testers don't have to wear seatbelts. Was driving through the town and it was raining a bit but a woman ran straight out from behind a bus looking down at the road without even realising I was coming. Hit the brakes so hard the tester went hurtling forward and smacked off the dash... I basically sh@t myself at this point as I thought he may fail me. Nearly screamed like a little girl when I found out I passed, even if there was a couple of questionable blues :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Passed in Raheny, happy camper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Passed in Tallaght today :)

Didn't go too well and I walked into the test center after the test thinking that I had failled. He pulled out a green book and I said "Holy sh1t I passed!" haha. He told me to stop talking and leave before he changed his mind.

So happy it's all over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sqooka

Did you know 12% don't turn up. That's disgraceful. I was waiting 60 weeks for my test. Thank God I passed!

Where in the name of god where you waiting 60 weeks for your test???? I know that it's probably a bit worse than they make out on the website http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/Test-Waiting-Times/
    but still! That has me a bit freaked as I was hoping to apply this week, and hoping to get a test around christmas or january. :(

Advertisement