Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Triceratops18

Happy to say I passed my test in Finglas on Wednesday with 6 grade 1s and 4 grade 2s!
    I'm absolutely over the moon.
    I failed in May of this year but I definitely didnt feel ready at the time and my nerves got the better of me! Plus I had only been driving 6 months at the time. My family and instructor were pushing me to apply so I did. I got 13 grade 2s the first time.

I made a point to not apply again until I felt ready. This time around I was a lot more confident and the tester was lovely. I felt at ease as soon as he started talking to me.
    The grade 2s I got were for progress at traffic lights and turning left/right. I also cut out during my reverse and he only gave me a grade 1 for that.
    Been reading here for the last few months, cheers everyone for the quality advice and info!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know how long it takes for the licence to arrive? Got a text on Tuesday saying it had been dispatched, so i assumed it would have arrived today, but still no sign of it. Is it sent by courier, or regular post? Have everything else ready now, so just annoying waiting for the bloody licence :P

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for the licence to arrive? Got a text on Tuesday saying it had been dispatched, so i assumed it would have arrived today, but still no sign of it. Is it sent by courier, or regular post? Have everything else ready now, so just annoying waiting for the bloody licence :P

Mine came 4 days after receiving the text, and for some people it's taken as long as a week. This was back in April, though.

I think that the text is sent out as soon as the post is placed in "outgoing" by NDLS. It may not be physically out the door until a while later. This is pure speculation of course. :)

I understand the feeling of checking the postbox every evening after getting the text, only to find it empty. Hope you get it by tomorrow. It's gonna be a long weekend for you otherwise. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Husband got the text last Thursday and licence arrived on Tuesday.

God i hope it arrives tomorrow. Already made plans assuming it would, so i may have an angry wife getting train to Dublin at 6am Saturday morning :P

• Advertisement

Nope, guess it's Monday before i can drive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Nope, guess it's Monday before i can drive :(

I was surprised about how long I waited for mine too, but I’m afraid I just drove unaccompanied and hoped that if I was stopped by a Garda that he’d be sympathetic. Of course I wasn’t stopped and haven’t encountered a checkpoint since I passed my test in July.

Nevermind, it just arrived :D

I'm off driving for a few hours now!

Nevermind, it just arrived :D

I'm off driving for a few hours now!

Mind how you go!!

Cheers.

Also, for anyone wondering timelines...

Tuesday 5th - Passed the test
    Wednesday 6th - Applied for Licence, Insurance and Tax
    Monday 11th - Tax disc arrived
    Tuesday 12th - Text to say licence had been dispatched
    Friday 15th - Licence arrived

So 10 days from test to driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭megaten

Passed the test on the third go last Wednesday with 6 faults. First was too early and was over compensating the second time round from my faults on the first.

Congrats megaten. Happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Passed today on my second attempt with 4 Grade 2s, beyond delighted

There was bins right on the corner that I had to reverse around so I had to go around them and the tester said, in a lighthearted manner "unfortunately, you dont get bonus points for reversing around those bins", it put me at total ease for the rest of the test, especially as I failed on the reverse last time!

I went straight to the NDLS after and applied for my licence! Keep at it is all I can say, I have dyspraxia so my spatial awareness can be absolutely awful at times so I genuinely never thought that I'd be able to drive, so so happy now! It's all worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well done dobby. I’ve my second test in Naas next Thursday. Hoping it goes better than the first!

Johner wrote: »
    Well done dobby. I’ve my second test in Naas next Thursday. Hoping it goes better than the first!

Best of luck!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fair play Dobby, congrats. :)

Best of luck next Thursday, Johner!

Posy wrote: »
    Fair play Dobby, congrats. :)

Best of luck next Thursday, Johner!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My son passed yesterday after a good few tempts with a tester he had once before, thought he made alot more mistakes this time then any other, delighted for him ,he was ready to give up.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My son passed yesterday after a good few tempts with a tester he had once before, thought he made alot more mistakes this time then any other, delighted for him ,he was ready to give up.

Delighted to hear that Scoop! Good for him !

That's great news, Scoop! :)

• Advertisement

Passed this morning in Naas second time. :D Being told you passed is such an unbelievable feeling. I felt like I was going to cry with happiness. :D

Passed this morning in Naas second time. :D Being told you passed is such an unbelievable feeling. I felt like I was going to cry with happiness. :D

Well done!

It is the BEST feeling!
    Congrats, well done! :D

splinter65 wrote: »
    Well done!
    Posy wrote: »
    It is the BEST feeling!
    Congrats, well done! :D

Thank you! Such a relief.

Passed first time in Mulhuddart this morning. Absolutely delighted with myself. Can't believe it. I think he said I had two grade twos but I haven't got my email yet so not one hundred percent he ticked traffic signs on the feedback sheet.

ETA: 3 grade twos, 2 for traffic signals and 1 for Rules/Checks and 2 grade one's, 1 for hand signals and 1 for gears.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Passed first time in Mulhuddart this morning. Absolutely delighted with myself. Can't believe it. I think he said I had two grade twos but I haven't got my email yet so not one hundred percent he ticked traffic signs on the feedback sheet.

ETA: 3 grade twos, 2 for traffic signals and 1 for Rules/Checks and 2 grade one's, 1 for hand signals and 1 for gears.

Well done! Go out and celebrate!

Well done! :)

One week exactly from applying at the NDLS in Trim (no appts in Omni or Clarehall so tried there and had one for last Tuesday morning.) Licence arrived in the post this morning. Delighted. L plates finally down and N's up!

LorelaiG wrote: »
    One week exactly from applying at the NDLS in Trim (no appts in Omni or Clarehall so tried there and had one for last Tuesday morning.) Licence arrived in the post this morning. Delighted. L plates finally down and N's up!

Off you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Well after 2 previous failed attempts this morning passed the test with 1 grade 1 fault. Absolutely delighted and I'm coming to the game later than some 37. So never give up. Have to say though some really good advice and tips from a guy in YouTube Dane Tyghe especially the reverse around the corner which was my nemesis. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JXBY62K_gL297TcBvaojQ

Advertisement