Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsuccessful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

failed number 3 last friday in wexford
    i had a hitler for a tester
    and i only had 4 lessons and didnt drive at all for the last 2 1/2 years

g2 x4 sufficient clearance to parked cars
    g2 x3 reaction to hazards
    g2 x3 progress at roundabouts

must apply again tomorrow DOLE DAY :D
    hopefully get on the short list again, it only took 2 weeks last time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

i had a hitler for a tester

He had a dodgy comb over??:D

Sorry to hear dave, keep at it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

10 Grade 1's and 10 Grade 2's. Very p*ssed off! Think I just let my nerves get the better of me. Instructor was a grumpy sh*te too. Looked like if he smiled his face would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

1 Grade 1 and 9 Grade 2's..... :( Made a mess of the parking at the end, though I had reversed into the parking space perfectly before the test (I'm putting it down to nerves)... so close, yet no cigar.

Also wanna add that the tester was a complete pet.

Gonna apply again when pay day comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

1 Grade 1 and 9 Grade 2's..... :( Made a mess of the parking at the end, though I had reversed into the parking space perfectly before the test (I'm putting it down to nerves)... so close, yet no cigar.

Also wanna add that the tester was a complete pet.

Gonna apply again when pay day comes around.

My instructor told me you aren't tested on parking :confused:

I think I need a new instructor :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Truley wrote: »

Truley I actually know a really good instructor where you live ... that sounds soooo stalkery! :o PM me for his name if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

You aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

You aren't.

You aren't asked to park in a particular way, you are just asked to park at the end of the test. You can be marked down on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Failed yesterday . So sickened ,. Got 3 for progress turning left which i thought was a bit harsh to be honest. 2 for progress turning right . 2 for observation and 2 for position . Got the final tick going into test centre . The tester was a not great to be honest did nothing to put me at ease and he seemed a bit smarmy .
    Applied for number 2 there now hopefuly i can get a cancellation ?? Are cancellations givin often ??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 willy_wonka

Cathald04 wrote: »
    Failed yesterday . So sickened ,. Got 3 for progress turning left which i thought was a bit harsh to be honest. 2 for progress turning right . 2 for observation and 2 for position . Got the final tick going into test centre . The tester was a not great to be honest did nothing to put me at ease and he seemed a bit smarmy .
    Applied for number 2 there now hopefuly i can get a cancellation ?? Are cancellations givin often ??

Should be pretty easy to get one, i got one four days after ringing them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Thanks , hopefully i will get one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Cathald04 wrote: »

He could have been noting something that happened well before that - not that that is any consolation - good luck with it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

got a grade three for hitting a kerb on the reverse round the corner, tester was so nice went through my good and bad points with me afterwards.
    Look on the bright side. You know exactly what to fix over the next few weeks and should get it the next time.
    and i only had 4 lessons and didnt drive at all for the last 2 1/2 years
    g2 x4 sufficient clearance to parked cars
    g2 x3 reaction to hazards
    g2 x3 progress at roundabouts
    It isn't easy to pass with so little driving. But the clearance is an fairly easy fix and you will have done a bit more driving next time. Best of luck.
    1 Grade 1 and 9 Grade 2's..... :( Made a mess of the parking at the end, though I had reversed into the parking space perfectly before the test
    Just one less mark next time. Also you don't have to reverse into the space at the end of your test if it is not necessary.
    Although the second line may be true. What your instructor probably meant is that you are not tested on parallel parking or reverse bay parking. You do have to park at the side of the road several times and sometimes in a bay at the end. Either way, good luck next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Failed in Athlone..! :(

Was very nervous because the tester was a <SNIP> and was quite dramatic..
    didn't count the grade 1s but got 21 grade 2s :O and 1 grade 3..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ciaramb92 wrote: »

Hard luck Ciaramb92 - apply again soon.

Ciaramb92 wrote: »

Think of it as a good learning experience and part of the process 21 x2 and 1x3 is obviously giving you plenty to work at.

Be sure you're getting good tuition & advice - the result suggests you were either extremely nervous or were just not ready for the test. I'd have a concern about the quality of whatever advice you got on your standard of driving if someone said you were test ready, that is unless you can say yourself you just let the nerves get the better of yourself.

Good luck with it and just keep on keeping on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Think of it as a good learning experience and part of the process 21 x2 and 1x3 is obviously giving you plenty to work at.

Be sure you're getting good tuition & advice - the result suggests you were either extremely nervous or were just not ready for the test. I'd have a concern about the quality of whatever advice you got on your standard of driving if someone said you were test ready, that is unless you can say yourself you just let the nerves get the better of yourself.

Good luck with it and just keep on keeping on.

I was very, very nervous, but obviously do need more practice! I made silly mistakes I wouldn't normally have made though. I can driver very well with my parents or instructor but the tester made a reaction to my driving in the first 2 minutes which completely threw me off..! :mad:

All part of the process - you won't be as thrown by something like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭maneno

failed my test today in tallaght,2nd attempt, 13 grade 2 and 1 grade 3,gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Have failed twice already, by one mark each time, going again tommorow morning. Its such an expensive process, 75 euro a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

Failed... 2 grade 1s, 9 grade 2s and a grade 3 which i dont understand why??

Entered a t-junction with a yellow box, on the left a road closed, turned right and fair enough i didnt look enough to the left, and this is why he said i had a grade 3? Still let me carry on?

Thought they'd bring you straight back when you get a grade 3??

Very unfortunate that i had a tester which is well known to be very biased against young lads!!! He thinks anyone under 25 should not have a licence to drive... very harsh.

Comment to me was that the next time ill pass! grade 3s will not happen again .......ITS JUST A MONEY RACKET!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

laoishibee wrote: »
    Comment to me was that the next time ill pass! grade 3s will not happen again .......ITS JUST A MONEY RACKET!!!! :(

Hard luck man. I'd recommend applying ASAP because there's a rumour circulating that the driving test will be €120 after the Budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Entered a t-junction with a yellow box, on the left a road closed, turned right and fair enough i didnt look enough to the left, and this is why he said i had a grade 3? Still let me carry on?

Hard luck!

It seems he was good enough to tell you where you went wrong at least.

As for letting you continue on, tbh, if it was me, i'd rather get my money worth! You've paid 75 quid for the test, you could get a grade three in the first 30 seconds, going back to the centre straight after wouldn't exactly be great!

It sounds like you made a mistake that's very easily fixed. Apply again and get your license.

Best of luck/

Failed... 2 grade 1s, 9 grade 2s and a grade 3 which i dont understand why??

Thought they'd bring you straight back when you get a grade 3??

Very unfortunate that i had a tester which is well known to be very biased against young lads!!! He thinks anyone under 25 should not have a licence to drive... very harsh.

From your explanation I can't understand the grade three. If it was observation, then there needed to be someone comming from the left. But if the road was closed?
    They do let you finish your full test after a grade 3. Make use of the experience and you should get it next time.
    The price of the driving test is going up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

ADIDriving wrote: »
    From your explanation I can't understand the grade three. If it was observation, then there needed to be someone comming from the left. But if the road was closed?

One possibility is remember the Grade 3 can be given for 'dangerous or potentially dangerous' faults. So, it depends what way the road was closed. If its completely barricaded with no possibility of any traffic coming in or out etc then you may have a case as the T-Junction just becomes a right turn but if there was the potential for any traffic (e.g cyclists, work traffic etc) to emerge then you have to look, and the grade 3 may be justified if you didnt.

Like a lot of things on the test its down to the subjective view of the examiner on the day and he must have felt you needed to look left.

The road was not fully closed off, i must not of emphasised enough looking left!

The tester told me after that he had to shout at someone to stop at it on an earlier exam!

After that id say he was very aware of the junction,

Very dissapointed,

Also marked me down for clutch and gears as when i was about to reverse around the corner it didn't catch the gear i had to re-postion it.... little things and i could of passed!!! :mad:

its why im pished off over the cost!! hard enough trying to keep a car on the road,

Gonna try get a cancellation asap, as you said its going up again!!!!! :eek:

The road was not fully closed off, i must not of emphasised enough looking left!

Gonna try get a cancellation asap, as you said its going up again!!!!! :eek:

There is closed or not closed. You don't need to emphasise the observation. You just need to make sure you do it.
    Good plan to go far a cancelation. Hope it goes well next time.

ADIDriving wrote: »
    There is closed or not closed. You don't need to emphasise the observation. You just need to make sure you do it.
    Good plan to go far a cancelation. Hope it goes well next time.

Thats it, i remember looking, he must not of thought i did! bah!!

Its done now! :(

Rang up and they told me i have to wait 3 weeks before i can sit the test!!! Fleckin annoying! It probably wont be for another couple of weeks after that before i can actually sit it!! I dunno why it takes so long... :mad:

Cheers, really want this licence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Failed today in Finglas - was told to turn left at a very sharp turn (I drive a big jeep) and there was a car reversing into it. I had right of way and enough space to turn in so I did but kept it tighter than I usually do because of the car reversing (should have stopped to allow me to turn) anyway I skimmed the side of the kerb - failed on that.

Advertisement