Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsuccessful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Nerves really got to me today. Failed in Sligo today, 4th attempt.
    Lol, go troll somewhere else, you don't know anything about my ability to drive. Am I bothered, nope. :cool:

well failing 4 times and doing a 5th test kinda says a lot about your ability to drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

ability to drive and ability to pass the test are different things

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Personally I think the Irish driving test is not about if you are a good driver, but rather that you can drive in a manner that they think you should drive in.. I am sure a person driving in any other country for years or even who just passed the test would fail the test easily over here..

well that is my opinion anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭caldew

Nerves really got to me today. Failed in Sligo today, 4th attempt. Thankfully I didn't have that one particular infamous instructor there (had him twice already). Anyone who has had him will know who I mean - talk about making you feel uncomfortable during your test. Awful man.

nearly 70% pass rate in Sligo, you've failed 4 times. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arsenalia1414

Failed mine today so f***g gutted! Immediately i hit the kerb on the way back to the test centre I new it was death comin! >< Iv reapplied immediately wonder if anyone knows a very good instructor in naas? Need to pass this thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Failed it on navan this morning, 12 grade twos. I definitely know that the test itself isn't as bad as I thought it would be! Do you have to pay for a cancellation straight away? I'm moving abroad in five weeks so if Been told I won't have enough time to reapply

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

Fillefatale, I know who you mean! Failed test today with 'that' person, he actually yelled at me when another person in the fault put me in a bad position, and don't get me started on the dramatic 'throwing himself forward' whenever I breaked. My breaking is quite smooth so there was no need for it, completely made me feel uncomfortable!
    I did mess up one thing with lights so I understood that mark down, but apart from that grade 3 I'm raging.
    Requested a different tester next time around, have heard numerous complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

I've had experience of that tester in Sligo and he is a disgrace in my opinion. I didn't - but should have - at the time put in a complaint at his behaviour. Would advise everyone to do the same and then maybe, maybe something will be done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

It's pretty much too late now if you don't have a license.

Enjoy your N plates :p

image.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

haro124 wrote: »
    Failed it on navan this morning, 12 grade twos. I definitely know that the test itself isn't as bad as I thought it would be! Do you have to pay for a cancellation straight away? I'm moving abroad in five weeks so if Been told I won't have enough time to reapply

There is time to get a cancellation. Ring the 1890 number tomorrow and say you will take any centre in your area (and maybe further afield).
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

It's pretty much too late now if you don't have a license.

Enjoy your N plates :p

image.jpg
    Doesn't become a penalty point offence not to display until next year so I'd imagine they'll be rare for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Doesn't become a penalty point offence not to display until next year so I'd imagine they'll be rare for starters

They introduce them into law yet will not enforce it until next year? We really are a nation on muppets "Sure it'll be grand" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

failed today.. ran a red light lol :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

HurtLocker wrote: »

Saw N plates on a car in Raheny today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

keep your head up and try again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭TheDruidWizard

I failed today. It was mostly due to observation, when turning left and right and moving off. Then also problems with positioning when turning right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

spurious wrote: »
    Saw N plates on a car in Raheny today.

Saw them on a car in Waterford City a couple days ago.. Maybe it's just me, but they looked huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!! So frustrated with myself :(

Failed today, 4 grade 2s and a grade 3 ON THE VERY LAST RIGHT TURN!! :(

Busy crossroads and I was turning right, never gave way to the car coming straight on opposite me. Incredibly annoyed, ringing for a cancelation in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Failed in Rathgar this morning on first time. Nerve got to me and made stupid mistakes with observation and progression.

Got 5 grade 2s and a grade 3 for observation turning right at a junction. Fecking gutted :( Back to the lessons I guess. I don't think I'll ever get rid of these nerves :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Failed in Rathgar this morning on first time. Nerve got to me and made stupid mistakes with observation and progression.

Got 5 grade 2s and a grade 3 for observation turning right at a junction. Fecking gutted :( Back to the lessons I guess. I don't think I'll ever get rid of these nerves :(

If you think it was nerves, and you know why you failed, why do you need more lessons? To me, you need more practice without the re-assurance of an instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If you think it was nerves, and you know why you failed, why do you need more lessons? To me, you need more practice without the re-assurance of an instructor.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me at the moment. I don't have anyone to practice with.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Apply again, straight away. You got very close. Just one less mistake next time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

PMC83 wrote: »
    Failed my 4th one in Rathgar just now. I'm ashamed to admit that with 5 grade 3s the tester decided not to even finish the test. Overall he said driving too fast ruined it for me, and I was driving dangerously. Not easy words to hear (I'm by no means a boy racer and take my time when driving alone). In my previous 3 tests I've gotten 1 or 2 grade 3s max, and could have scraped through.

My previous tester commented that I was too slow and overcautious stopping places I shouldn't, so in this case I tried to show a little more confidence. Blew up in my face.

The whole thing is a real blow as my tests had been getting better as I went along, and now this is by far the worst one.

I will defo apply again, but it feels like theres no end in sight!

Hi all, I know this thread is for fails but I thought I would bump this up so those having a tough time can see how things can turn around. Obviously when I wrote the above I was in a very bad place. I recently grabbed a new instructor and went out a few times. Passed today in Rathgar. 3 grade 2s. My very first maneuver was a hill start just past the dodder. I put the gear in reverse by mistake and backed the car down the hill by about a foot. This was 5 minutes in and I was convinced I'd blown it. But I carried on as it had not happened and just figured the rest of the test (my 5th)would be a good experience. I was literally amazed to hear I had passed. I braked the reverse quick and he but it down to a gear mistake. If I can pass anyone can!! Bit of look and keep at it, you will be amazed when the arrives, and it will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Failed today in Finglas. I have a full US driving license and have been driving there for over a year. Failed with 19 grade 2's. Also got a Grade 3 for observation. I thought this was incredible harsh as I was using my mirrors the whole time and looking out all my windows, but out of habit, didn't look over my right shoulder and use my wing mirror instead. Really disappointed. Hopefully better luck next time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You mean you are not in the habit of looking for your blind spot when driving in America?! :eek:

That's the one habit I brought back from America with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Failed today. 10 grade twos. Mostly for observation, thought he was a bit harsh but probably my own bias

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Failed today. Had five grade twos and made a grade three error on the final turn into the test centre. Two cars were in the middle of a junction I was supposed to be heading into, they were just stopped in the middle of the road having a chat.( It was signing day at the dole, which is the same building as the test centre ). There was a load of traffic coming both ways and I just drove up behind the cars parked in the middle of the road. He said I should have held back but I would have been obstructing another junction so I thought I was doing the safe thing. He told me I would have passed otherwise. Im livid. I know I made a mistake but I can't believe I failed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    It was signing day at the dole, which is the same building as the test centre

Longford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Failed today. Had five grade twos and made a grade three error on the final turn into the test centre. Two cars were in the middle of a junction I was supposed to be heading into, they were just stopped in the middle of the road having a chat.( It was signing day at the dole, which is the same building as the test centre ). There was a load of traffic coming both ways and I just drove up behind the cars parked in the middle of the road. He said I should have held back but I would have been obstructing another junction so I thought I was doing the safe thing. He told me I would have passed otherwise. Im livid. I know I made a mistake but I can't believe I failed :(

That's just one of those situations that you would rarely come across therefore unsure exactly what to do. Sounds like otherwise everything was perfect. You should book a cancellation immediately. Which test centre was it?

Advertisement