Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsuccessful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Westeros wrote: »
    Exactly my understanding. I assumed if anything that this would have been what he would have said to me at the end of the test. But, I was told "I'm not worried about the grade 3 fail at all". Very little information and conversation regarding the reverse at the end of test feedback apart from the fact that he wasn't worried about it and more concerned on the gears. I found this part strange.

If I was approaching the junction and there was no oncoming traffic then I would have dropped to 2nd and taken the turn. But as a result of the oncoming traffic I stopped as there was not sufficient space to take the turn safely. I then went to 1st and took the turn. But the advice was not to stop in fourth, at least drop a gear to either 2nd or 3rd and stop.

Anyway, hopefully the complaint will be of help to further test candidates and possibly myself should I have the same tester next time around.

I appreciate the help and feedback here. Heres hoping to a better result next time :)

I can see why they're saying this, assume you could take the turn, would you have taken it in fourth, it's okay to stop in 4th at lights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eamon316

Failed this morning in Tallaght unfortunately on my first time. 11 Grade 2's and 1 Grade 3 for observation when turning left.
    Can't for the life of me remember when I got the Grade 3 as I didn't feel I put us in danger at all. I felt the turnabout went perfect yet I was marked down for observation which I felt was quite harsh.

The reverse around the corner was a joke to be honest. Over a ramp onto a street that there was a car undertaking her test too (from the same test centre as I was in the waiting room with her that morning). She was parked right behind me doing hand signals and I wasn't comfortable moving until she took off. Got 1 mark for Competency on that.

All the rest were probably fair enough being honest. Instructor wasn't the nicest of people to deal with and I felt he marked very harsh. Then again, if I passed I would probably be saying different :). Going to book again this weekend as he said I just need to tweak a few things and I should fair better next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Eamon316 wrote: »
    Failed this morning in Tallaght unfortunately on my first time. 11 Grade 2's and 1 Grade 3 for observation when turning left.
    Can't for the life of me remember when I got the Grade 3 as I didn't feel I put us in danger at all. I felt the turnabout went perfect yet I was marked down for observation which I felt was quite harsh.

The reverse around the corner was a joke to be honest. Over a ramp onto a street that there was a car undertaking her test too (from the same test centre as I was in the waiting room with her that morning). She was parked right behind me doing hand signals and I wasn't comfortable moving until she took off. Got 1 mark for Competency on that.

All the rest were probably fair enough being honest. Instructor wasn't the nicest of people to deal with and I felt he marked very harsh. Then again, if I passed I would probably be saying different :). Going to book again this weekend as he said I just need to tweak a few things and I should fair better next time around.

Fair play, doesn't sound disastrous at all, simple things that you can iron out and hope the circumstances (the other test going on) are different next time. You'll be flying! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eamon316

Cheers for that, I didn't realise we would be brought on the same test route more or less.
    What is the normal procedure for applying again? Do I just do it online like the previous time or is there another way to get a date sooner? I was on the cancellation list the previous time so should I do the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Didn't past my test today since I was fecking stressed out this morning as it was my first time doing it. I kept on changing the gears, stalling 5 times, not used the handbrake enough. I swear, why are some people so lucky the first time?

• Advertisement

Vlove wrote: »
    Didn't past my test today since I was fecking stressed out this morning as it was my first time doing it. I kept on changing the gears, stalling 5 times, not used the handbrake enough. I swear, why are some people so lucky the first time?

Hard luck. Just treat that one as your practise round. That's what I'm doing with my first test, I'm expecting nerves to get the better of me and am accepting that whatever happens it's not the end of the world, if i dont pass, it gives me a chance to experience the real deal and then on the next one I'll be prepared and not as nervous (in theory!) as the fear of the unknown is gone. Best of luck on your second go!

neonsofa wrote: »
    Hard luck. Just treat that one as your practise round. That's what I'm doing with my first test, I'm expecting nerves to get the better of me and am accepting that whatever happens it's not the end of the world, if i dont pass, it gives me a chance to experience the real deal and then on the next one I'll be prepared and not as nervous (in theory!) as the fear of the unknown is gone. Best of luck on your second go!
    Oh right good luck with that, yeah but still I thought I did ok with my instructor and mum. Unfortunately I just panicked, it didn't help either that I left my keys at the testers desk when we were just starting. I honestly wished that I knew better.

Oh right good luck with that, yeah but still I thought I did ok with my instructor and mum. Unfortunately I just panicked, it didn't help either that I left my keys at the testers desk when we were just starting. I honestly wished that I knew better.

Next time you will. All those "first time nerves" will be gone and the silly mistakes may not happen as a result. Take a look at where you fell short and work on ironing those out. Did he give feedback? Do you know where you picked up faults?

Next time you will. All those "first time nerves" will be gone and the silly mistakes may not happen as a result. Take a look at where you fell short and work on ironing those out. Did he give feedback? Do you know where you picked up faults?

It was basically using the gears properly he mostly talked about as well as using the handbrake more, looking around me more and using traffic markings properly. He basically circled on what I have to work on which were those I said to ya. He gave me 4 errors on the grade 1, 26 errors on the grade 2 and 3 errors on the grade 3.

It was basically using the gears properly he mostly talked about as well as using the handbrake more, looking around me more and using traffic markings properly. He basically circled on what I have to work on which were those I said to ya. He gave me 4 errors on the grade 1, 26 errors on the grade 2 and 3 errors on the grade 3.

Are these maybe things you normally do but the stress of the test made you kind of abandon them? It happens to me on pre tests :o I'll drive perfectly to the location and the second he starts the pre test my brain goes to mush!

By traffic markings do you mean correct lanes and stopping/yielding etc? Is it that you didn't know them, or didn't obey them, or that your positioning at them was wrong? They all seem fairly easy enough things to correct, more about remembering to actually do them rather than having to learn how to do something if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

I felt very like you, and haven't driven since failing my test. I was stubborn about getting back to driving. It's as if I enjoy myself suffering. But reading your posts, which were a reflection of my mindset, my first instinct is to tell you to keep going. There's no point playing the last test over in your head. Unless it's constructive, forget about it.

Try again, practice with a relative and take one or two tests with an instructor nearer to the test, put money aside, tell yourself you can't afford to fail (but don't work yourself into a state, use it as a motivator to practice). You didn't fail, you improved. That improvement was just short of passing. You have said it yourself, you were calmer this time around, more confident. There was a small bit of nervousness there but the biggest thing to take away from it was that you got better. You weren't the same as the last time. :) Get an instructor to go over where you failed exactly and practice those points, as minor things can add up. But don't give up, so it takes you 4,5 times to pass your test.

Who cares?? More than not, you'll be a better driver than people who passed it the first time because you've covered how to drive exactly so many times. But more importantly, who cares, if it means you can pass and can drive? Apply for a cancellation, you'll be waiting too long for a brand new test. Ring them up and get them to put you on the cancellation list. The most you'd have to do is take a half day off work (even less if you can). Tell your work you've booked a cancellation date, I'm sure they'll understand. Don't do like me and leave it two months before you get back into the car - because you'll be nervous all over again. Get a cancellation, practice, practice, practice and own that test!! Do not let your having failed before make any difference. The tester doesn't know and frankly, he doesn't care. If it helps (and it sounds harsh) at the end of the day it matters to no one BUT YOU that you pass the test. No one is going to follow you around in life all the time to push you to do things to improve your life. You need this, so do it.

Reading your comments actually made me realise how foolish I've been - fighting against myself and putting roadblocks in my own way with the way I've been acting after I failed. Get back in the car and drive. In the words of Rihanna: Shut up and drive. I wish you all the best and really hope you motivate yourself to keep trying because some things just need a little bit more effort. The important thing is with each tie you improve even if that is small :) Everyone is nervous without enough practice, like everything, like a new job etc. But if a woman can put on mascara while driving on the motorway you can pass your test. If Donald Trump can become president, you can pass your test. Keeping saying that in your head!!:) I really hope you go and do it, because you should respect yourself enough NOT to give up.
    /I'm sorry that was so long, got a little caught up in that reply.

Thanks SO much for this. I really needed the boost. It took a good few weeks to calm myself down, along with some tough love from my family, but I'm back at it now. I guess it helps a bit when your little car is waiting in your driveway to be driven, but you know you can't get the most out of it unless you get your license. I've another pre-test tonight before I do my test again next week so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm not worried about doing the test again, I'm worried about the possibility of having to face that horrible feeling of disappointment again, but I got through it the last time and I'll get through it again. I'll be disgusted if I fail my test again because I know I'm good enough, and I'm not going to let internet trolls, driving testers or anybody else tell me otherwise. Yes, I'm still learning and I'll make mistakes, but the best way to learn is by doing which is why I need to get my full license.

I was at my friend's engagement party recently and got chatting to some people who have had far worse driving experiences than me which made me feel better about myself. They all urged me to keep going and that's exactly what I plan to do. And hey, if I can muster up the strength to keep pushing, so can you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 experiment626

Claireyy wrote: »
    Thanks SO much for this. I really needed the boost. It took a good few weeks to calm myself down, along with some tough love from my family, but I'm back at it now. I guess it helps a bit when your little car is waiting in your driveway to be driven, but you know you can't get the most out of it unless you get your license. I've another pre-test tonight before I do my test again next week so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm not worried about doing the test again, I'm worried about the possibility of having to face that horrible feeling of disappointment again, but I got through it the last time and I'll get through it again. I'll be disgusted if I fail my test again because I know I'm good enough, and I'm not going to let internet trolls, driving testers or anybody else tell me otherwise. Yes, I'm still learning and I'll make mistakes, but the best way to learn is by doing which is why I need to get my full license.

I was at my friend's engagement party recently and got chatting to some people who have had far worse driving experiences than me which made me feel better about myself. They all urged me to keep going and that's exactly what I plan to do. And hey, if I can muster up the strength to keep pushing, so can you!:)

I'm the same, I failed for a second time on the 13th December (though I was closer to passing than I was the first time so yay progress), I haven't driven since, and I sold my car, was adament I was never driving again. But now that I've had time to think it through I realise that I can't give up when I'm this close. I also did my test in my grandfather's car that I wasn't used to driving, as mine broke down the morning of my test. So I'm off out this evening to buy a new car and get back in the seat. Third time lucky I hope!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bigdreamer123

Recently had test in churchtown having previously done my test down the country.

First test failed on clutch and accelator vehicle controls. Which I accept for I wasn't comfortable in the car I as using for the test. Had 6 grade twos for them (4 in row so would have failed anyway). Only other marks were progress turning left, progress turning right and competency for both turnabout and reverse around a corner.

This time I'd done about 30 lessons in the intervening four month period. Could see major improvement myself. New instructor and car which was more confident in. New routes in dublin but felt I was prepared.

Failed my test for a grade 3 on observation. I asked where it was specifically as I honestly hadn't a clue what he was talking about and he said "a blind junction"? Without the grade 3 I would have passed.

My other marks were progress on the straight, observation turning right and reaction to hazard all grade 2s. (Reaction to hazard he just said not anticipating when I asked, again no clue where this was).

I feel the grade 3 was unjustified and literally just done to fail me.

My question is , in comparing my two result reports the faults between both test were COMPLETLY different. Not one single shared fault. Surely there's something wrong if the tester the first and second time found totally different things at fault?

Very frustrated as I will have to hire car, more lessons and test fee.

Have already booked again but was told No cancellations available.

Anyone else have similar experience?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring again and tell them you'll take any centre in South Dublin.

After the first few times I failed, (like you, all for different things), I started ringing for cancellations to get another go as soon as I could.

I wanted Raheny as I was familiar with the area and routes and I thought that would help, but I think I put the kybosh on myself there. I switched to Finglas and passed first time after failing um... 'numerous times' in Raheny (6).

First lesson to passing was less than 12 months. I didn't book tests in the winter.

You will get there. Keep at it.

Recently had test in churchtown having previously done my test down the country.

First test failed on clutch and accelator vehicle controls. Which I accept for I wasn't comfortable in the car I as using for the test. Had 6 grade twos for them (4 in row so would have failed anyway). Only other marks were progress turning left, progress turning right and competency for both turnabout and reverse around a corner.

This time I'd done about 30 lessons in the intervening four month period. Could see major improvement myself. New instructor and car which was more confident in. New routes in dublin but felt I was prepared.

Failed my test for a grade 3 on observation. I asked where it was specifically as I honestly hadn't a clue what he was talking about and he said "a blind junction"? Without the grade 3 I would have passed.

My other marks were progress on the straight, observation turning right and reaction to hazard all grade 2s. (Reaction to hazard he just said not anticipating when I asked, again no clue where this was).

I feel the grade 3 was unjustified and literally just done to fail me.

My question is , in comparing my two result reports the faults between both test were COMPLETLY different. Not one single shared fault. Surely there's something wrong if the tester the first and second time found totally different things at fault?

Very frustrated as I will have to hire car, more lessons and test fee.

This is IDENTICAL to my last test situation. Grade 3 for observation on a mini roundabout but didn't want to explain why afterwards. Also two grade 2 marks for failing to react to other road users. Without the grade 3, I also would've passed.

I did my test in Finglas but I happen to know that my tester also works for Churchtown so it could've been the same guy. I wrote into the RSA to make sure that I won't get him next time.

It's all lies. There are ALWAYS cancellations available. You'll be pretty surprised how quickly they get back to you when you're willing to kick up a fuss. Ring them, facebook message them or tweet them until you get a reply. Tell them you need a date asap because of your job etc., they'll find you a date soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ok so I am pretty embarrassed to say that I have now failed 6 times :o
    I get extremely nervous & my brain seems to fart off into the distance

The last two times my tester said I was a good driver but he had to fail me because of number of faults - got a lot for driving too close to stationery vehicles on last one (the route in Finglas goes down some narrow ass roads)

I am VERY dejected & absolutely dread doing it again. I honestly don't think I can face the 'I'm afraid it's not good news.....' again.

optogirl wrote: »

The last two times my tester said I was a good driver but he had to fail me because of number of faults - got a lot for driving too close to stationery vehicles on last one (the route in Finglas goes down some narrow ass roads)

I am VERY dejected & absolutely dread doing it again. I honestly don't think I can face the 'I'm afraid it's not good news.....' again.

The Finglas test route is awful. I live around that area and I still can't manage to pass it. For what it's worth, I know exactly how you feel. I have my 4th test this Saturday and the only thing that's bothering me is the possibility of "bad news" again. I was one mark away last time and it almost killed me.

I wasn't overly nervous about my upcoming test until an awful experience with my instructor last night, who basically told me that I haven't passed yet because I don't put the work in. This despite the fact that I am driving my dad into the city and parking every single day. I've also done about 30 lessons now, the first ones being back in Oct 2014.

After last night, I am beginning to completely doubt my ability but on the other hand, I am also going to try and use this to motivate myself. The best thing that I can do on Saturday would be to pass my test and prove my instructor wrong and that's exactly what I hope to do.

As I said before, I am not going to let ANYBODY tell me that I can't drive. We are just as good as everybody else, it just may take us a bit longer to get there. But get there, we will. And once you pass, no one's going to care that you've failed 6 times. The only person that matters is you.

The Finglas test route is awful. I live around that area and I still can't manage to pass it. For what it's worth, I know exactly how you feel. I have my 4th test this Saturday and the only thing that's bothering me is the possibility of "bad news" again. I was one mark away last time and it almost killed me.

I wasn't overly nervous about my upcoming test until an awful experience with my instructor last night, who basically told me that I haven't passed yet because I don't put the work in. This despite the fact that I am driving my dad into the city and parking every single day. I've also done about 30 lessons now, the first ones being back in Oct 2014.

After last night, I am beginning to completely doubt my ability but on the other hand, I am also going to try and use this to motivate myself. The best thing that I can do on Saturday would be to pass my test and prove my instructor wrong and that's exactly what I hope to do.

As I said before, I am not going to let ANYBODY tell me that I can't drive. We are just as good as everybody else, it just may take us a bit longer to get there. But get there, we will. And once you pass, no one's going to care that you've failed 6 times. The only person that matters is you.

I mean this in the nicest possible way in order to support you so please don't take it wrong but by any chance does he feel you're not putting in the work even if you're putting in the hours. By this I mean that maybe you are driving a lot but not practicing the specific methods he has shown, in which case it is "wasted" driving. For example, if he is telling you to work on observation, and you're going out driving but not focusing on your observation while doing so...do you get me? Maybe that's what he was getting at? Obviously you know better than I do, just making suggestions in case it helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

optogirl wrote: »

We are a very select group, us 'six timers'. :)
    When I passed, up in Finglas, I met someone who was doing it for the eleventh time.
    You WILL pass eventually. You need to get in as much practice as possible. If you feel you need to take a break, take a break, but you will get it eventually.

I have my 4th test this Saturday and the only thing that's bothering me is the possibility of "bad news" again. I was one mark away last time and it almost killed me.

No reason to believe it will be bad news again. We will have the biscuits bought. Please let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

I mean this in the nicest possible way in order to support you so please don't take it wrong but by any chance does he feel you're not putting in the work even if you're putting in the hours. By this I mean that maybe you are driving a lot but not practicing the specific methods he has shown, in which case it is "wasted" driving. For example, if he is telling you to work on observation, and you're going out driving but not focusing on your observation while doing so...do you get me? Maybe that's what he was getting at? Obviously you know better than I do, just making suggestions in case it helps.

I completely understand this but it's just not me. If anything, I probably overthink things by trying too hard to imitate what my instructor has showed me. This leads to errors. Before my second test, he told me that I was good enough to pass. Then, before my third I decided to do as minimal preparation as possible. Little or no practice leading up to it and no more pre-tests. That time I was only one mark away. The only reason, I did more lessons now was to clarify my grade 3 mark. He wanted more money from me, plain and simple. He left me sitting in the car upset and didn't even wish me luck for this test. When he saw my dad coming over to the car, he legged it. He won't be hearing from me again.

I completely understand this but it's just not me. If anything, I probably overthink things by trying too hard to imitate what my instructor has showed me. This leads to errors. Before my second test, he told me that I was good enough to pass. Then, before my third I decided to do as minimal preparation as possible. Little or no practice leading up to it and no more pre-tests. That time I was only one mark away. The only reason, I did more lessons now was to clarify my grade 3 mark. He wanted more money from me, plain and simple. He left me sitting in the car upset and didn't even wish me luck for this test. When he saw my dad coming over to the car, he legged it. He won't be hearing from me again.

That sounds awful.
    I've had a few instructors who got exasperated very easily, mainly cause i was interrupting their texting by asking questions about the road- the road they weren't looking at cause they were texting. I mean how dare i inconvenience them like that!
    And that is not what you need, you need encouragement. Not unrealistic praise either, just gentle encouragement. I had a guy who constantly got annoyed at every question I asked, it's demeaning when you have to rely on someone for teaching in order to learn and they just can't do it in a respectful way. They're being paid for it so it's not like we're putting them out.
    Sounds like you're nearly there though- keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wafflepie

I failed for the second time in Tallaght, to be honest I feel like it's very wrong.
    I did my pretests and worked on what I previously failed, my instructor was sure I would pass he was there that morning too and told me I was sure to pass as I've also been practicing.

My tester was a bit snarky, I did ask her to repeat one direction to me as I didn't quite hear her and she snapped at me about it.

I thought overall my driving was fine, I mirror mirror signaled and mirror mirror turn so it was always in my mind, I stayed within the limits and I generally felt good, I'm a confident driver.
    I had to do my turnabout on a hill so unfortunately I did slightly roll back on it but not far enough to hit the curb. I carried on as normal anyway.

At the end of the test in the office she told me I had failed. She said that I got a mark on observation during my reverse because I didn't stop 3 times... She even drew a diagram on my page. I have never heard or been told this. My first test I stopped once and I stopped twice as I was stopped to let a car pass.

she said I never checked my mirrors and even said that I went into a lane without checking my mirrors which I would never do. I have never and would never blindly drive into the opposite lane. Secondly she only gave a grade 2 for that... Surely if I did that it would be a grade 3 for dangerous driving?
    She also marked me for my steering, I always "feed" the wheel Through when I asked her what I did she just said "something earlier"
    During the advice she actually told me overall my driving was good and they're just little things to fix and there's no reason I couldn't be back soon.

I got my grade sheet 6 hours later and. My god it was not right at all. She marked me down on absolutely everything, every category and I know for sure it wasn't right she marked me on the controls I showed her everything she asked and told her how to use it! She marked me on progression which if anything it is one of my strongest points, she marked against my gears and twice for footbreak but I didn't harshly break at all.

None of this was mentioned on my sheet or during my advice, surely of these were issues something as important as gears and footbreak would be said?!
    There was nothing in this even close to my first test which I failed as I had a grade 3,
    And was lucky enough to get a second test a week later.

She gave me 20 grade 2's. 4 Grade 1's and 1 Grade 3 according to her email sheet. Twice for changing lanes without mirror checks.

I know I would still make mistakes but I can't see how within a week with practice and pretests that could happen from much less with minimal grade twos and no grade ones previously?. It isn't cohesive to what she said or wrote on my sheet.

So some of you on here will know that I had my test this week. Unfortunately, I failed yesterday morning for the fourth time in Finglas. There were a few tears but I'm practically expecting it at this stage, haha.

I specifically asked for a Saturday because my wages keep getting stopped. I stupidly thought that the lack of cars on the road would be an advantage, how naive was I.

The lack of cars on the road meant that there were way more parked cars around the estates, making it extremely difficult to maintain my position and fit through the tight roads. The test route also seemed considerably longer than my other three tests, not sure if this was done on purpose bceuase the tester knew there wouldn't be much traffic?
    Anyway, I won't be asking for a Saturday again in a hurry.

During the test, I start off ok but then as soon as I see the first mark going down on the iPad, my nerves take over. The instructor told me to take a left onto Ballymun road and then a right straight away. Both instructions were given at the same time and because I was so concentrated on doing the left turn ok, I ended up missing the right turn. This means we unintentionally headed up towards Ballymun(anyone who's familiar with this will know that the area is particularly bad for driving(tight bends, lack of road markings, EXTREMELY high ramps and people running out in front of you everywhere without looking. End result: picked up 5 marks for reaction to hazards(mainly ramps and insufficient clearance when overtaking).

I had 11 grade 2s, 5 for reaction to hazard would have meant an automatic fail anyway(but hey, at least there were no grade 3s). The tester was the same guy that I had the first time. He was fairly nice and tried to assure me wherever he could. When he saw that I was upset, he told me that I was well able to drive and that I was just making minor errors that are easily fixed.

I suppose I can take encouragement from that but I'm just annoyed with myself that I don't seem to be able to control my nerves and it seems to get worse, the more tests I do.

The girl before me had passed which didn't help either as I was already saying to myself "that's one gone from their quota". I'll probably apply for a cancellation but at this stage I feel like I'm just going through the motions.

Side note: I do wish to thank everybody on here that has given me encouragement over the past few weeks. It may not seem like it, but I really do appreciate it.

So some of you on here will know that I had my test this week. Unfortunately, I failed yesterday morning for the fourth time in Finglas. There were a few tears but I'm practically expecting it at this stage, haha.

Aw Claire, I'm sorry, I had been wondering.
    Sounds like you were unlucky. I can definitely relate to the nerves increasing when he begins marking, it happens in my pre tests, it's natural. My instructor told me "he could be giving grade ones or noting a comment so don't worry what he is doing". Doesn't really help though when all your common sense goes out the window during the test!
    You'll get there, you're learning more with every test you do. I know it doesn't help when all your money is being wasted but once you pass you're done for good! Eyes on the prize as they say! :)

Also edit to add: that girl before you may have been on her 4th or 5th test, nothing stopping you from being in that position next time :)

I was hoping to see you post elsewhere, but look, it will happen some time. Apply for the cancellation and see how you go. I know it's hard with work and that but you will pass it soon.
    Had you not gone up Ballymun road, you'd be 5 Grade 2s lighter and maybe with the pass cert. in hand. Don't give up.

Are these maybe things you normally do but the stress of the test made you kind of abandon them? It happens to me on pre tests :o I'll drive perfectly to the location and the second he starts the pre test my brain goes to mush!

By traffic markings do you mean correct lanes and stopping/yielding etc? Is it that you didn't know them, or didn't obey them, or that your positioning at them was wrong? They all seem fairly easy enough things to correct, more about remembering to actually do them rather than having to learn how to do something if that makes sense.

Yeah pretty much all was wrong, if it wasnt a test, I would do better. Ill be back on the road in a couple of weeks once things die a bit with my PLC course.Seriously, I just wish I can drive already even if cars and insurance is expensive nowadays for learner drivers!

Yeah pretty much all was wrong, if it wasnt a test, I would do better. Ill be back on the road in a couple of weeks once things die a bit with my PLC course.Seriously, I just wish I can drive already even if cars and insurance is expensive nowadays for learner drivers!

Yeah take some time to catch up on life without a test hanging over you, but don't stop practicing too long though. I know what it's like having lots on your plate and it'd be so handy just having the full licence already!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Would going to a different test centre suit you? I've heard of failing a few times in one centre then changing centres and passing.

• Advertisement

19 marks including 2 sets of 4. First time but I'll get it next time. Got cut off by an arsehole right at the start and it completely threw me and I slipped into bad habits. Ah well.

Advertisement