Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had to choose...

• 15-06-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Let's say you had the choice of the following phones. You can get one free, you'll get €80 credit per month to use on it and you'll want to be using 3G features on it such as video calling, web browsing and downloading of games, videos and music. Which one would you go for ... and why?

Sony Ericcsson K800i
    Nokia 6280
    LG U890
    Motorola V3xx

:)

Which phone would you choose? 40 votes

Sony Ericsson K800i
    0% 0 votes
    Nokia 6280
    90% 36 votes
    LG U890
    7% 3 votes
    Motorola V3xx
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

K800i - because I have one and it's never let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

Sony Ericcsson K800i - have one too. the others don't even come near to it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

k800i. I love the bloody thing. *hugs phone*
    I was going to get a n73 on ebay but they were really expensive got this instead and never looked back. The battery is great but if you use the internet as much as I do it'll only last around a day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bard wrote:
    you'll get €80 credit per month to use on it
    hows that then

Sony Ericcsson K800i -absolutely
    Nokia 6280 - not as good
    LG U890 - meh
    Motorola V3xx -dear god get it away from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

^^ as above. this ones a no brainer. K800 is top of that bunch by a wide margain. V3xx, bottom by an equally wide margain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

hows that then

New job giving me it.

The K800i will actually cost me €50 whereas any of the others would be free. Think I'll go with that one though - cheers for the feedback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I too would choose the k800i... The nokia is grand, bit boring like... The lg is an awful looking thing and the motorola is terrible...

€50 for a k800i is alright too... Enjoy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the poll speaks for itself really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

chrislad wrote:
    I think the poll speaks for itself really :)

15-0-0-0

15 pollers cant tell a lie :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought the k800i would win but this is taking the piss.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

is that a V3xx on the list or am i seeing things??????

id rather poke a rather sharp object into both eyes simultaneously than use one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

k800i without a doubt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

As a proud owner of a k800i, I voted for it.

I took all my Nevada/Las Vegas photos on that phone too.

I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

I was checking out new mobiles earlier and didn't know which to go for, thanks Boards I have now made my decision:)

and u wont regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

No contest, assuming the 6280 runs Symbian, then I vote for the only smartphone on the list. If not, then I it would be an equal choice between the 6280 and the K800i. I love Nokia's Symbian phones, run everything I use from MSN Messenger to PuTTY.

No contest, assuming the 6280 runs Symbian, then I vote for the only smartphone on the list. If not, then I it would be an equal choice between the 6280 and the K800i. I love Nokia's Symbian phones, run everything I use from MSN Messenger to PuTTY.
    6280 isn't symbian. if it was it'd edge out the k800 for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Which twat voted for the V3xx!?

6280's lack of symbian was the one major thing that stopped me from getting it on launch.

chrislad wrote:

6280's lack of symbian was the one major thing that stopped me from getting it on launch.
    same here k800i would have a competitor if that happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

chrislad wrote:

Someone who thinks its a good phone, many people dont give a sh1t about the software and interface on the moto, only that it looks thin or stylish. More people choose style over features then the other way around. Sadly.

I never even used a 6280, the 6680 was the first Symbian phone I had, and I loved it, ran FExplorer a treat too, now I have an N73, and I cant use FExplorer anymore ¬_¬, but hey, MSN and Putty run good enough, so Ill live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The LG is different and might be worth a look, sure the k810i is out now even if it's not much of an improvement on the 800.

its only a cosmetic difference oh and abig price difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

K800i for sure.

I know the OP has a new phone now but given the list how could he/she not get the K800i ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

6280 is a nightmare it constantly crashes - still havent got around to bringing it back though.

i know someone that is on their third replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

motorola - well it's a motorolla.
    nokia - go make a cup of tea whilst waiting for it to respond to a key press.
    LG - never used one.
    sony - k800i = best phone i've used. i can't see myself moving from SE phones in a long time.

Cremo wrote:
    nokia - go make a cup of tea whilst waiting for it to respond to a key press.
    the 6280 isn't symbian and doesn't do that

Call_me_al wrote:
    6280 is a nightmare it constantly crashes - still havent got around to bringing it back though.

i know someone that is on their third replacement!
    i'd say its more like your 6280 is a nightmare. several hundred thousand of them have been sold around the world without issue. i had one and it was fine until i got it wet

• Advertisement
Advertisement