Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogham trouble

Options
  • 15-06-2007 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

hey all.....

It's my 22nd birthday next thursday and i'm considering another tattoo. Since in got the 'celtic tree of life' and a star on my right wrist i've been absolutely dying to get another one and thought my birthday wud be a good time.
    I want an ogham tattoo either on my right calf or my left calf but the only problem is every site i've checked out wit the ogham alphabet seems to be different. for example the letter 'b' when inscribed is shown on one site as one line to the right of the main vertical line. Another site shows it to the left. I used 'b' as an example but ther's loads of letters that are different.

I'm getting really frustrated now because i've been thinking of an ogham for a long time now but it has to be perfect. I've seen ogham tattoos on some websites that are completely wrong!!! Ogham is read from bottom to top and most of the people had it 'written' from top to bottom.

Can anyone help???!!!

Advertisement