Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discuss Boards.ie charter policy re. hosts in light of H365 thread deletion & locking

Options
  • 15-06-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

All

In light of events in this forum this morning I have posted in boards.ie feedback forum a thread intended to discuss flexibility in policy implementation and public service.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53429536#post53429536

Mods: this post is for info and reference only. If it is inappropriate, please delete. If not, please lock to ensure the appropriate discussion occurs in the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

have a look at the webhosting forum. When discussions of web hosting was allowed, it degenerated into farce.

The bottom line is that this forum is for the discussion of webmastering and flash, web development, web design related issues.
    Yes, you can easily point out that domain registration and hosting is one of those issues, but if you allow those discussions to clog up this board, you will have a dozen posts a week with:
    "I just bought a hosting account from MegaHoster.com, now how do I setup an email address for my aunt."

I believe it would dilute what is currently a useful, intelligent discussion forum.

This is coming from someone who used to provide hosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

The reason for such a blanket response from me is simply because there have literally been plenty of threads that all say the same thing

"my site is down with "insert host name""

"why is my site down with "blah""

etc, etc

And as such I made the decision to blanket all issues with peoples hosts with the same answer - contact your host.

Boards.ie are not responsible for your host not providing full information to you - be it a status based website or more contact details.

I wonder if your power supply went - would you try contacting the ESB or boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

@Misterq: I agree with you and I don't want to discuss the particular host and/or specific issue from today. This is more of a broader policy flexibility issue of which todays events are an illustration

@All: please don't discuss in this thread. Go to the policy discussion thread in feedback

@Mods: Please lock this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Ph3n0m wrote:
    The reason for such a blanket response from me is simply because there have literally been plenty of threads that all say the same thing

"my site is down with "insert host name""

"why is my site down with "blah""

etc, etc

And as such I made the decision to blanket all issues with peoples hosts with the same answer - contact your host.

Boards.ie are not responsible for your host not providing full information to you - be it a status based website or more contact details.

I wonder if your power supply went - would you try contacting the ESB or boards.ie?

Appreciate that point in general and I agree with it. This was, I feel, a big issue that was obvious from the first few posts a lot of people would be interested in.

And if My ESB went out, I might just come on boards, local area boards to see if otherers were having the issue of was it just me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement