Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Foreign Web Sites For Buying Tvs

• 15-06-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have seen a few posts about using foreign web sites to buy TV's (PIXMANIA.co.uk was one and there were a few German ones too). The prices alway seem to be much better than here. Have you guys had any experience with these sites and if so were they favourable. Could you recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I bought a Samsung LE32R41BD from www.savastore.co.uk about 18 months ago. At the time the cheapest I could find it here was 1500, got it from them for just under 1200 euro. Once they cleared my credit card it was here within 4 working days, very happy with it.

I've heard good thing about some of the German sites, though quite a few bad comments about Pixmania. You might want to check the home entertainment forum too, probably get some good advice there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you're using it for cable tv beware of this. my friend bought a tv in currys that wouldn't work in ireland because they only use the UHF (ultra high frequency) band whereas we use UHF and VHF (very high frequency) so they can only pick up one or two channels. make sure the tv does both before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Got my 40 inch samsung TV from www.komplett.ie and other stuff. So far no problem . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Before you buy online it just might be worth printing off the online price and asking your local dealer to match. Mine did (delivery considered).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Took a chance and bought my Plasma for here http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/plasma-tv/150262/-/Article.html?&bigimg=1&SESSIONID=zvjq2qvq51uo0dimnwbpjtzb-1&landingCountry=ie
    TV arrived perfect, nicely and securely shrinkwrapped on a pallet and kept in an upright position (as all plasmas should), only thing you need to get is an eu plug adaptor for the TV but you can pick them up in Powercity or other electrical stores. All in all very happy and saved some money.

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Took a chance and bought my Plasma for here http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/plasma-tv/150262/-/Article.html?&bigimg=1&SESSIONID=zvjq2qvq51uo0dimnwbpjtzb-1&landingCountry=ie
    TV arrived perfect, nicely and securely shrinkwrapped on a pallet and kept in an upright position (as all plasmas should), only thing you need to get is an eu plug adaptor for the TV but you can pick them up in Powercity or other electrical stores. All in all very happy and saved some money.

Snake ;)

Yup, another thumb's up here for technikdirekt.de, easy ordering process, my plasma arrived well packaged, on schedule and has worked perfectly since day 1. You may need to download the English version of the manual for any German-bought TV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

how much is shipping off that site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

its typically 80 euros for large tv's, still worked out cheap even including the shipping.

Snake ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

tad pricey, see the acer 3720 is 697 there, and with the 80 shipping makes it nearly 800,
    lookin at pixmania the same is 678 with 29 for shipping,
    anyone got any comments on that telly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement