Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Newsgroup

Options
  • 15-06-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I haven't been able to check the UTV Newsgroup for at least a week now. Am I the only one who can't connect? I tried news.utvinternet.com, news.u.tv and 194.46.8.60.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Narrowback wrote:
    I haven't been able to check the UTV Newsgroup for at least a week now. Am I the only one who can't connect? I tried news.utvinternet.com, news.u.tv and 194.46.8.60.

Have you tried emailing carl@u.tv and asking him if it is still up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Narrowback

dub45 wrote:
    Have you tried emailing carl@u.tv and asking him if it is still up and running?
    No because I generally only bother Carl when I have problems that I *need* to be resolved. I can live without the Newsgroup. I e-mailed the generic support address, which is rarely of much use.

Carl is responsive and responsible, which is why I don't like to burden him with every trivial matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tronix

Not been able to access above either for the past few weeks. Went through all the settings with a chap in support & they were all ok. He told me check firewall settings but even with firewall disabled still no good?? John:

Tronix wrote:
    Not been able to access above either for the past few weeks. Went through all the settings with a chap in support & they were all ok. He told me check firewall settings but even with firewall disabled still no good?? John:
    I called support too and was fobbed off.

What firewall setting would interfere with newsgroup? The reason I ask is that a few weeks ago I updated the firmware for my router. I doubt that's connected to my problems connecting to the UTV newsgroup, but I don't use any other newsgroup so I don't really know.

The truth is, I can't remember when I updated my firmware, but I'm pretty sure it was a number of weeks before I found I couldn't connect to the UTV newsgroup.

I decided to e-mail Carl today after hearing nothing despite being assured on the phone last week that someone would respond to my ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tronix

Back up & running again thanks to Carl

Tronix wrote:
    Back up & running again thanks to Carl
    Yup. Took about half an hour for Carl to respond to my e-mail. Before that I'd called the support line again and I was told, "It's working here". In other words, it's something you did, not us, so stop bothering us.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a UTV broadband customer if Carl wasn't there.

Advertisement