Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Final

• 15-06-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Its always been an ambition of mine to attend all four sessions of the world snooker final at the crucible. It would be brilliant.
    Has anybody any ideas of how you could book tickets for this? Are they all reserved for guests and club members?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh, anyway...

Not sure about getting a hold of the tickets, the real question is, could you survive all 4 sessions!? I suppose being a final it would be exciting enough, especially towards the end. I'd say there has to be some way of getting your hands on some provided you do it before April 2008!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think if you time your postal application perfectly that it lands in the Sheffield Theatres office on the morning that they start accepting postal requests you have a reasonably good chance of getting. I think no more than 100-200 are held back so that leaves a good 700 up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CHALKEY

Glenman,
    Best thing to do is hold on off until around November and write to the Crucible Theatre Box Office (55 Norfolk Street, S1 1DA, Sheffield) requesting a ticket order form for the 2008 event. Send it back straight away filled in. The tickets go on sale on a first come first served basis around February of each year so if you get your order form back to them by early December you'll have a good chance. You can also pick up the ticket order form in the Snooker Scene magazine around that time but its probably best to write directly to the Theatre. I was lucky enough to get tickets for all four sessions in 1998 when John Higgins won and it was a great experience. All the legends of the game are usually there for the big occassion and Sheffield is a great city as well so plenty to do between sessions. Good luck.

Chalkey

Advertisement