Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Pro 5: importing PNG sequence

• 15-06-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

How the fook do I import a PNG sequence, (or numbered stills) into Final Cut 5??

I can import each still separately, but it won't pick them up as a sequence!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

OR: I have an uncompressed AVI (RGB + Alpha) that I exported from AFX. I know the Alpha Channel works fine because I can see it in Premiere on my PC.

But when I import the same file into Final Cut, there is no alpha channel - just a black BG. WTF?? I have tried to "modify>alpha> black" the clip, etc in FCP, but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Do you need to invert the Alpha? Is there an option? I don't use FCP, just throwing it out there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

I don't think Final Cut Pro can edit AVI's. You would need to convert it into a quicktime file. Your best bet would be to match the AE file to the FCP sequence settings. For example if you are going to be editing on a DV-PAL timeline then use a DV-PAL codec or whatever is the equivelant AE codec. I'm not familiar with AE. You might also need to adjust the image size to compensate for the difference between square and non square pixels. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Lump wrote:
    Do you need to invert the Alpha? Is there an option? I don't use FCP, just throwing it out there ;)
    Tried that - but thanks Lump.

MLM - I'll try exporting an uncompressed Quicktime. But what about importing numbered/sequenced stills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

You could try changing the still/freeze duration value in the general tab of the user preferences to one frame, then import the numbered sequence. You could also try converting the image sequence into a quicktime movie and re-importing. It might work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Advertisement