Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Q.8 and Q.9

Options
  • 15-06-2007 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

budgeting or costing. Which are you doing and which is easier?

Which question is easier 9 votes

Costing Q.8
    0% 0 votes
    Budgeting Q.9
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stephen222

Cash bedgeting, product costing and valuation of closing stock

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Q9 cos its easier. Its easier cos I'm familiar with it. They're both very easy questions, but give me a costing question and I'd be hopless right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

i'm doin ordinary n i tink question 8 is easier. actually i'm not sure cuz i dnt remember the last time i luked at question 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I am just doing costing. It should be either job or product and they are easy. Can't remember budgeting at all because I have concentrated on costing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I'm doing 5 out of the 6....all of budgeting, and I'm avoiding Marginal Costing coz there's too much thought/logic in it.

Product Costing, Job Costing and Budgeting are VERY nice questions...

Cash Budgeting has a nice format but it's a little too long for the time you're given and there's plenty of room for error.... I used to do it, now I'm Product Costing all the way. WHAT a question!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Does any1 here do ordinary?

For those doing costing I would advise taking a look at question 24 in Christy Tyrell's book. It hasn't been on the exam (yet!) and there is a slight difference. I just did it there and it is worth a look just encase. I think I will leave out marginal because it was on last year and they never repeat, especially after last year's q8! Should be a standard job or product hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

For those doing costing I would advise taking a look at question 24 in Christy Tyrell's book. It hasn't been on the exam (yet!) and there is a slight difference. I just did it there and it is worth a look just encase. I think I will leave out marginal because it was on last year and they never repeat, especially after last year's q8! Should be a standard job or product hopefully.

dont have the book. What is the difference?

The indirect labour break up is not given and you have to calculate the total labour and machine hours. I was thinking it is a possible, as it is in his book and he writes the exam.

Are people focussing on one or the other? I cannot remember budgeting at all. I know job and product costing very well and seen as it was marginal last year it should be one of those two. Not sure if I could do a marginal, we only had a quick look at it in class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

We did the budgets and then the Product and Stock costing since it hasn't come up for a while. Any budget would be fine, but they say it'll be a cash budget

Advertisement