Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Web Development Tool

Options
  • 15-06-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi All,

Was hoping for some advice here. I've aspirations to get back involved in some Web Development over the coming months. I did this before many moons ago in university and in my first job. However, since then I haven't gone near it.

I'm just wondering what kind of tool would be best suited for me. I'm planning to do some small scale sites for businesses of relations etc. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw how much Dreamweaver costs. For the type of sites Im planning I doubt I would require the vast amount of features it provides.

So any advice for a lower cost and probably better suited Web Development tool?

Cheers all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

ms visual web developer express
    it's free.
    uses asp.net and c#/vb.net

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

NotePad is free :)
    Personally i recommend EditPlus - search of it on Google.
    It has good syntax highlighting and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Notepad ++ on Windows (free)
    Textmate on Mac (free trial)
    Coda on Mac (free trial)
    NVU on Windows/Mac/Linux (free)

A web authoring tool is only as good as the person behind it (or some **** like that), so if you want to learn...then get involved with CSS/HTML/Programming communities or buy some books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

coda is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

heggie wrote:
    coda is nice
    Aii, I had a mess about with it yesterday. The bundle is great but the text editor isn't as good as Textmate. Coda doesn't indent automatically as far as I recall. Still a wicked package for the price. FTP/Terminal/Text Editor/CSS Editor/Preview all built in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

pwd wrote:
    ms visual web developer express
    it's free.
    uses asp.net and c#/vb.net

we actually developed the marketing disk for Microsoft, PM if you like and I can send you a copy.

Advertisement