Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA connection from Laptop to TV

• 15-06-2007 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a Toshipa Satellite Laptop (abput 5 years old now) which only has a VGA output. I am trying to connect it to a Philips 37' LCD TV. The TV has got a HDMI connection.
    I purchased a HDMI to DVI cable, and then a DVI to VGA adapter.
    When I select the HDMI input on the TV - its says there is no signal - Can anyone help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Reduce the resolution on the laptop to its lowest setting and try again.
    Also check the tv manual to see what refresh rate it wants and set the laptop accordingly.
    Get the lastest video drivers for your laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

before you do that, make sure your laptop is outputting. You need to turn on the VGA out. Are you doing this? Usually its Fn+ F8 but depends on the laptop brand. The F key will either say LCD/CRT or have a square icon. Press once to output just to vga, press twice for dual output(if your graphics card is happy with that!) and press a third time to revert to normal.
    You can also do this in Display properties btw

Settings wise, dont drop your resolution all the way. Set laptop to the native resolution of the LCD which is probably XGA(1024x768) or SXGA(1280x768). Dont set laptop any higher than this. The refresh rate will almost definetly be 60Hz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Otto123

Thanks for this will give it a go and let you know how it works out. Cheers

Advertisement