Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Petrucci - Wild Stringdom

• 15-06-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got this yesterday. After the exceptional Rock Discipline DVD, I think any instructional resource from John Petrucci is going to be worth it's weight in gold, and I've heard people say it's better than Discipline.

Only read a little of it so far, and haven't had a chance to practice any of the examples yet, but it definetly seems good. So far it doesn't seem to overlap with his DVD, and focuses on more aspects aswell.

Anyone else here have it? What do they think about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I am relying to this because there have been no replies yet!!!

Seriously.....i own both Rock Discipline and Wild Stringdom.
    Have to say i didn't stick with Wild Stringdom to much lots of excersices....but not going to make you a lot better...i think.

I have tried a lot of tutorial dvd's and Rock Discipline is not one i use any more.........I don't think there is enough fretting hand excersises to build up strength and finger independance. The stuff in his dvd is great....but nowhere near enough to get your fretting hand up to scratch.

Try 'Speed Mecahnics for Lead Guitar' by Troy Stetina.....book & cd pack.
    Not expensive and you can get it from Amazon.
    Everything is there to get both hands strong and working together fine....just need to buy a metranome to do your excersises with........you WILL not succeed without one.

I have a lot of dvd's from www.licklibrary.com .....so send me a private message to ask me about those.

Advertisement