Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clear out..??

Options
  • 15-06-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Anyone finished that tackled getting rid of all there old school copies,hardbacks folders etc...??

It seemed like I was hiding a forest in my room :eek:
    very theraputic though, if a bit sad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

you better be putting all those books in your greens bins;)

i threw each set of books out as each related test was completed.thats the only way to do it.i've never seen my room so tidy.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's an amazing feeling, just fecking hundredsof a4 pages, copies,books and crap in the bin knowing you'll never have to look at them again!!

I've still got my Physics, Chemistry and Applied Maths stuff though...wasting space in my room

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

The best part of it wasn't necessarily throwing out the books but rather all of the A4 sheets that were thrown on the floor of my room-without having to examine them to see if I'd ever need tham again!

But seriously throwing the school stuff away......you just can't beat that feeling!After the junior cert you could throw them away but it was a hollow victory,but this is for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I'm terrified I'll have to use them again.. *shudder*

I'd actuallyfeel a bit sad throwing out hours and hours and hours of work!! And I guess i'd rather resell my books haha... might be more pleasurable than just throwing them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've thrown out all the loose paper/notes etc..jesus the amount of trees. Fairly exhausted after that. Still have to tackle books, copies and piles of old exam career guide things..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Im saving them all then having a lil bon fire to celebrate.
    Dont think there'll be anything more satisfying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 QwertyDanish

I just can't throw my stuff away, too much love has gone into the doodles on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I'd throw them away but i petrified of having to repeat. If i did i cud use my notes and stuff....
    And some of the books my sister will use them next year...they are in bits but thats another story lol

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I threw out homework copies and unimportant sheets (in the green bin yus) but I am keeping important notes and books...y'know I might need them after that dismal history exam :cries:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've just been leaving all my books in my locker in school so they can sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Im going to pass on my invaluable notes to my sister, she may use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I can't wait to start my clearout, I'll keep a few of my folders for show though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Passing the books on the siblings... keeping applied maths stuff because I'm doing engineering next year, thinking of keeping Geography simply because I find it so interesting.
    As for the rest, into the bin they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭LilyPool

I threw out everything today..............I can now see the floor of my room!:D It's a great feeling having a big clear out even if it was somewhat emotional:(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I end up keeping stuff for an eternity...so from the day i started secondary school i couldnt wait to finish so i could properly clean out my room again! books all over the floor! n my wardrobe even has stuff tht i sed "oh that mite be useful sumday" but alas...it never was i'm droppin everythin from my window down into the green bin saturday the 23rd! i cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

nick23 wrote:
    Im saving them all then having a lil bon fire to celebrate.
    Dont think there'll be anything more satisfying

And how you will regret it if you have to repeat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I'm with nick23 with the bonfire thing. Although I took it from his post that the 'saving' part means he'll be waiting til after results much like myself before the great purge.

Can't help but feel how much waste comes out of secondary school with superfluous homework, essays, books etc. A bit of continuous assessment is your only man IMO. Then maybe secondary education could be worthwhile and we'd have a few more trees around.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's great throwing all your notes out for a subject you've studied for two years and seein how bloody much of it there really is, i still have physics and music to get through, but so far i've half filled the ould green bin with S***e, it's the best feelin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

/me burns it all

Oh wait were supposed to be environmentally friendly now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Yeh, I would throw 'em away, jst frightened I mite need to repeat.

So everything has currently jst been moved to another room lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm the youngest, no cousins or anything. Can't be resold, have a habit of doodling since I learned to write. Language in Focus can be though, and so can my Revise Wise books. Giving a friend Philip Camion book, and Institute biology notes a friend gave me. Have two huge paper bags full now of the stuff that's heading to the bin...keeping my History books though, they're interesting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Hmm, we could start a 'give away all your old notes and books' thread for next years crowd, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I'm the youngest, no cousins or anything. Can't be resold, have a habit of doodling since I learned to write. Language in Focus can be though, and so can my Revise Wise books. Giving a friend Philip Camion book, and Institute biology notes a friend gave me. Have two huge paper bags full now of the stuff that's heading to the bin...keeping my History books though, they're interesting..

Make sure you recycle!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

No Burn Them! Do Eet! Xd

Advertisement