Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband

Options
  • 15-06-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Any recommendations on the best service provider for wireless broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

We have BT.

All national and UK landline calls, landline charges and broadband for E45/month.

Very good - never had any probs.

NTL are good too if you have them for your TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Dbl post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

NTL don't provide broadband on MMDS.

I think the OP meant wireless as in without a phone line. Options are Irish Broadband and Digiweb (I think).

Don't use them, but maybe someone else can vouch for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Irish Boadband are great once they get you set up. This can take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

hi there,

just wondering if anyone in charlesland has broadband from ntl or digweb? we are just wondering which is the best provider in terms of coverage. NTL is slightly cheaper but don't want to get it if it is not reliable. We don't have a phone line or want to get one so eircom isn't an option for us.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

hi there,

just wondering if anyone in charlesland has broadband from ntl or digweb? we are just wondering which is the best provider in terms of coverage. NTL is slightly cheaper but don't want to get it if it is not reliable. We don't have a phone line or want to get one so eircom isn't an option for us.

thanks

NTL broadband is not available in Charlesland AFAIK, unless it's recently become available.

We have Irish Broadband and it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Irish Broadband, by far the best service provider in the area.

That's not what you said in this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51384774

Have they improved since then?

Three and Vodafone both now have a 3G modem on the market and it's about €29 for a 3mb+ connection. It connects to your machine via USB. I've not heard anything about it, but if there's no decent 3G signal in the area it's probably no use anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

That's not what you said in this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51384774

Have they improved since then?

Three and Vodafone both now have a 3G modem on the market and it's about €29 for a 3mb+ connection. It connects to your machine via USB. I've not heard anything about it, but if there's no decent 3G signal in the area it's probably no use anyway.

Mike D is in da house! Good find.

We have eircom bundle - talktime anytime and 2MB anytime boradband - €60 per month - winner, don't think you can get cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dubrunner wrote:
    Mike D is in da house! Good find.

We have eircom bundle - talktime anytime and 2MB anytime boradband - €60 per month - winner, don't think you can get cheaper than that.

I'm sure the BT equivalent package is cheaper (if you can live with their ropey customer service).

• Advertisement

thanks everyone - just on the irish broadband, i rang them and they said that they don't do coverage in Charlesland - the furthest they go is Burnaby Heights, would this be correct or is they someone in charlesland who has irish broadband?

cheers

There are a fair few IBB antennae about Charlesland... Draw your own conclusions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

IBB are definitely covering Charlesland, were in C Wood most of my neighbours have IBB to you can see from their roof antenna. Mike in answer to your question, IBB have vastly impoved their service since last year and increased their bandwidth to home users. Since they finally established what was up with my connection and fixed it....faulty radio, credited my account, I have had a very good experience with them...touch wood. I would'nt go near Eircom to save my life as I have numerous issues with them over the years none of them positive. Digiweb and BT are apparently very good as well but I have no first hand experience of them.

I rang IBB again today and they said that Charlesland is a closed sector - they have some coverage in there but were not taking any more customers on as they are waiting to complete upgrade works!

Digiweb it is!

Thanks for all your replies

Good to hear! I'm just slightly biased against them. Nothing to do with their broadband, everything to do with their customer service.

Advertisement