Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese

Options
  • 15-06-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

This is probably a long shot but is anyone here taking Japanese for the leaving? I'm the only one in my school, could do with some moral support!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Good luck!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

guddorakku ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Some people in my school were doing japanese, but a few dropped it after 5th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Good luck! I done Japanese in TY. We had a tiny old Japanese woman to teach us! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

There's 5 in my year. 2 of them are Japanese, but it's still like 20% of the entire number that take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Ganbatte!!!

I would have KILLED to be able to Japanese but no... they decided to introduce it in my school for the fifth years after me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

+1 for the wishing for japanese

Good Luck in the Xams :D

We had an option of japanese in ty, but was very basic n mostly we did origami. And the people who are doing for the leaving cert they went to classes outside school on saturday mornings cuz there wasnt enough people in my school to do it (they needed at least 8), so the principal just gave them information about where they could go

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Aw that sounds brilliant but tough :D *good luck* ...I always support a fellow random-language studier. (..Italian)

Is it very hard though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm the only one doing it in my school (read: exam center). It'll be odd being in the room with the examiner alone, especially if she starts walking round checking I'm not cheating. Which I won't be. It'll be a breeze; oral was grand.

Like me with spanish and portuguese then. OMG i've just realised that i'm gonna be the only one in my school on tuesday morning...sounds scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

*gives moral support*

Notice ur from meath, going to school in navan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Wow, thanks guys! Didn't realise there'd be so many people doing it.

To answer your questions:
    Hard? - The written paper is easy enough, but I screwed up the oral, and the aural is really hard too I think. I suppose you're just not used to hearing the language day to day.

Do I live in Navan? - Nope, Ashbourne, I go to the Saturday classes in town. We'll see what two years of getting up on Saturday mornings boils down to next Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yeah you're right the aural is hardest. Especially the older men with gravelly voices - can't make out what they're on about :\.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

You can download the past aural exams from examinations.ie, for anyone who doesn't know. Could be a help, I'm counting on it anyway...

Advertisement