Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8800 Sirocco

• 15-06-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

hey just wondering does anyone know were i can buy a sim free nokia 8800 sirocco????

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Off Komplett perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Buy it from one of the networks you'd need a contract like? 899 or 929 is mad money! The 3G stores have them too i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Slightly cheaper than Komplett here @ Pixmania, unless you want the 18 carat gold version that costs around €1175. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

na want to buy it sim free - don't like contracts at all....

bump

• Advertisement

in shops not online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Ace2007 wrote:
    na want to buy it sim free - don't like contracts at all....

Shops are too expensive.Buy it from ebay or somewhere abroad.here its too expensive.I think buy the 8600 its much better i have it and had the sirocco before.

i've wanted the 8800 sirocco for months now,
    buyin from ebay - you can get loads of fakes going round...

ok i've decided to buy the N95, this week and then in a few weeks buy the 8800 Sirocco, might fall in price - what yis think

just wondering/checking - how do you put movies/videos/music onto ur n95?

my laptop has infered but not bluetooth- does the n95 have infered as well as bluetooth

Ace2007 wrote:
    ok i've decided to buy the N95, this week and then in a few weeks buy the 8800 Sirocco, might fall in price - what yis think

just wondering/checking - how do you put movies/videos/music onto ur n95?

my laptop has infered but not bluetooth- does the n95 have infered as well as bluetooth

Very easy, just use the cable provided.some phones come with memory card and some dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

the n95 has ir too but i wouldnt use it to transfer anything larger than a pic.
    it would take ages

does the n95 come with a memory card and if not - how much does one cost

Ace2007 wrote:
    does the n95 come with a memory card and if not - how much does one cost
    It depends where you buy the phone.First buy it and then see,

why buy first???
    would i not look for a place where the card comes with it????

Ace2007 wrote:
    why buy first???
    would i not look for a place where the card comes with it????

Yeah but you wanted to buy in ireland and not many people sell the phone and who does they wont sell the card as nokia dont sell the phone with a card. They do abroad in some markets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A memory card costs fa these days anyway - so if you're splashing out on a n95 or 8800s then the 10-40 euro that costs is irelevant almost.

ciaranfo wrote:
    A memory card costs fa these days anyway - so if you're splashing out on a n95 or 8800s then the 10-40 euro that costs is irelevant almost.
    Yeah you are right

does anyone know where the nokia 8800 sirocco gold edition is made- i'm lookin at this phone on ebay - and its made in finland... is this phone the real deal? geniune like?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3A%3A1&viewitem=&item=220122855852&rd=1

Ace2007 wrote:
    does anyone know where the nokia 8800 sirocco gold edition is made- i'm lookin at this phone on ebay - and its made in finland... is this phone the real deal? geniune like?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3A%3A1&viewitem=&item=220122855852&rd=1

That person is dodgy and isnt in dublin.I think i emailed them before and they said they are in china.It should be made in finland.
    Look this listing was taken off by ebay which was by the same seller.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220120995013

drdre wrote:
    That person is dodgy and isnt in dublin.I think i emailed them before and they said they are in china.It should be made in finland.
    Look this listing was taken off by ebay which was by the same seller.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220120995013

How do you know that it was the same seller, i emailed him and he gave me his mobile number and said that he would meet up to sell the phone...

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote:
    How do you know that it was the same seller, i emailed him and he gave me his mobile number and said that he would meet up to sell the phone...
    Ok must be a different seller.Also ask him why his last auction was removed by ebay.It usually isnt unless its fraud.Have you dealt on ebay before.In my opinion after nearly 5 years on ebay i would stay clear

he says that scammers tried to buy the phone last week and he filed an unpay item dispute thingy....

Ace2007 wrote:
    he says that scammers tried to buy the phone last week and he filed an unpay item dispute thingy....

Give it a try but dont get stuck in a scam.Good luck and its a really nice phone.

right i'm going to defo buy this phone now, (i think, still can't choose between it and n95) but where is the cheapest place that i can buy it in ireland, cheapest i found was €900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

afaik you've been talking about buying a load of different Nokias on here and haven't bought one of them yet.

Ace2007 wrote:
    right i'm going to defo buy this phone now, (i think, still can't choose between it and n95) but where is the cheapest place that i can buy it in ireland, cheapest i found was €900.

900 for the sirocco.then get the n95 instead.dont buy a 8800 for that much.

Phone selling isn't allowed here, you'll end up booted off the site entirely if you aren't careful.

Ruu wrote:
    Phone selling isn't allowed here, you'll end up booted off the site entirely if you aren't careful.

i'm not buyin or sellin one - its just hard to convince myself to pay that much for a phone.. u know

Ace2007 wrote:
    i'm not buyin or sellin one - its just hard to convince myself to pay that much for a phone.. u know

I was replying to drdre (who edited his posted), nevermind.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    I was replying to drdre (who edited his posted), nevermind.

Sorry about that ruu.

Advertisement