Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8800 Sirocco

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have both of the phones you are looking for . And of the two I am leaning towards keeping the 8800 scirocco. It's not the most up to date , has less applications and worse battrey life , but has better feel to it .

Have you handled both phones ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I got my 8800 from a shop in Dungarvan, Co.Waterford for €700. I think it was a good deall, but seemingly they only had a few for that price and it was months ago.

Off topic....but I was in Harrods at the weekend, they have a Gold Vertu with Diamonds all over it.....70,000 Sterling!!! ...and I thought the 8800 was mad money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

yea i got mine today- just wonder any on yous have problems with old sim cards- metoer told me that i have to get a new sim card for me to txt from it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

I got my 8800 from a shop in Dungarvan, Co.Waterford for €700. I think it was a good deall, but seemingly they only had a few for that price and it was months ago.

Off topic....but I was in Harrods at the weekend, they have a Gold Vertu with Diamonds all over it.....70,000 Sterling!!! ...and I thought the 8800 was mad money!!

I know a guy in dublin who got a vertu for 25k sterling.They have started selling them in Ireland now.

just wonderin how does one transfer muusic from pc to the 8800 sirocco?

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote:
    just wonderin how does one transfer muusic from pc to the 8800 sirocco?

Data cable or through bluetooth

and does the data cable not come with the phone???? how much is one to buy

No data cable for the 8800 . There is a BT dongle for sale on adverts for €10 though .

You happy with it ?

Ace2007 wrote:

Did you get it to work.Just use a bluetooth dongle or buy a cable.

• Advertisement

what type of cable do i buy(whats it called) - and whats a bluetooth dongle...haven't really looked about it lately tbh

Ace2007 wrote:
    What's this all about ??????

yea good phone, probably will buy an n95 soon though...

Ace2007 wrote:
    yea good phone, probably will buy an n95 soon though...

Have you even bought any phone yet.It doesnt take too much time for a decision :)

yea got the 8800 sirocco - good phone...

Ace2007 wrote:
    yea got the 8800 sirocco - good phone...

Ah ok, Yeah it is a brilliant phone but i like the 8600 or the n95.The sirocco is too old for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ace2007 wrote:

Ace2007. Plese stop bumping your thread. You have been warned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement