Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the 360 Xtravision deal still available?

• 15-06-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Because I've just returned from my local Xtravision where an obviously misinformed employee told me they only had the core console for sale for €410 :eek: Naturally enough she was wrong since around the store they had posters of a core bundle with the 3 games and play and charge kit for €300. So does that mean that they only do that core deal now, or can you still get the premium bundle for €400?

To Waterford people in particular, the store i tried was the Dunmore Rd Xtravision. Can anyone tell me if the Johns St. store follow that deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Parnell St should defo have it mate, just ring first to check if we still have them in stock

051-871540

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Deise I picked up a premium, media center remote and 2 games for €250 yesterday in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

kensutz wrote:
    Deise I picked up a premium, media center remote and 2 games for €250 yesterday in Waterford.

If it was pre-owned, I wouldn't really be interested. If not, tell all!

Just gave parnell st. a ring and they still do the deal. Better yet the guy told me an extra controller was in the premium package with the same €400 price. Probably just a slip of the tongue but I'd be fairly sweet if it was true! They said they've loads in stock so I'll drop in tonight and get me a 360 :D

Definitely not pre-owned. Brand spanking new from PC World. I have a receipt scan to prove it if necessary. The 2 games you get are Splinter Cell & PES6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

kensutz wrote:

Jesus what a bargain.

• Advertisement

Exactly so I didn't hesitate and made it my 4th Xbox 360

kensutz wrote:
    Definitely not pre-owned. Brand spanking new from PC World. I have a receipt scan to prove it if necessary. The 2 games you get are Splinter Cell & PES6

Holy **** that is good. And just when I nearly had my mind made up. Those two games aren't the greatest in the world from what I hear though. And I think the play-and-charge kit is fairly essential for me. But then again thats 150 less than what Xtravision are offering! I'm heading into town one way or another in 30 mins guys, help me decide where I'm going :confused:

Why would you want someone to make your mind up when you see what I got above.:confused:

kensutz wrote:
    Why would you want someone to make your mind up when you see what I got above.:confused:

Well I've never owned a Xbox or 360 before so I'm starting my games collection from scratch. Therefore I'm not sure whether those 2 games are the right games to start off from. Only 360 owners like yourselfs know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

kensutz wrote:
    Heya, was on to PC World Dublin just now. Doesn't know anything about this offer. Staff member said he'll give me a call back after checking with Waterford store (I won't hold my breath).

Sounded as though his eyes popped out of his head when I told him the price... so I don' have high hopes for this mega-bargain. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PES6 is the mutt's nuts if you like football games and you can't go far wrong with Splinter Cell games... looks well worth the money to me.
    I'd almost be tempted to get a second 360 for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

kensutz wrote:

does anyone know if the pc world in blanch has this offer?

Nope closest might be Navan

guys i want to personally declare kensutz as a legend!!

Just got back from PC World, 360 in hand! 250 euro for a premium 360, pro evo 6, splinter cell and an unoffical media remote. I bought gears of war for 60 and a play and charge kit for 25 giving me a grand total of €335!! Deal of the millennium if you ask me :D:D:D

Now why the hell am I still posting here when I have the box unopened beside me!?!?

i'm gonna post this on bargain alerts if its alright. People need to know of this deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

deise59 wrote:

Just got back from PC World, 360 in hand! 250 euro for a premium 360, pro evo 6, splinter cell and an unoffical media remote. I bought gears of war for 60 and a play and charge kit for 25 giving me a grand total of €335!! Deal of the millennium if you ask me :D:D:D

Now why the hell am I still posting here when I have the box unopened beside me!?!?

which pcworld did you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

deise59 wrote:

A last minute bit of bargain hunting, just in case there's still time to cancel your order on play...
    Congrats on the deal anyway, I feel gutted at spending €400 on one with 2 games a month ago:o

The Cork rd. one just outside the city. Opposite the RSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

pcworld doing this deal all over or is it a waterford thing

couldnt tell ya. I only found out bout it an hour ago. Best bet is to ring around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

does anyone know if the pc world in blanch has this offer?
    I was on to PC World in Blanch - didn't have a clue about this offer.

As I mentioned earlier, they were supposed to get back to me today after checking with Waterford or management... let's just say I'm glad I didn't hold my breath.

Man, I hope I can get one of these at this price!

Naturally enough they told me they were selling them by the bucket load, so if you're planning on getting one there you should really act quickly. I guess me and the other guy just got lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

if someone wants to pick me up one I'll buy it off them for €40 extra.

Cheaky?

well... maybe.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hopefully I can get one of these picked up at the Waterford branch tomorrow afternoon, fuppin' great offer.

Get there early. They don't have many

In that case I'll ring them up first thing in the morning, hopefully they'll keep one on hold for me. :)

Good luck.

Can't get through to them by phone, fingers cross they'll still have one left this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

This deal should be available in all stores as long as they have stock. They arent even telling staff about this, my brother works there and noboby in the store knew about it till a member of Currys staff told them about it. He said that Currys were running it too but hes not sure. Just be persistant and if needs be ring the Navan branch, they all seem to know about it there coz they all seem to be buying them.

Advertisement