Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone know what this is & how can I get rid of it

• 15-06-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hey

Problem with registry and managed to fix it up

However everytime I turn on PC the below comes up

error-1.jpg

Did a scan with nod Zone Alarm and Ad Aware nothing. Tried Hijack this and again nothing

Anyone ever get this before and how can I remove it

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Check the Startup tab in msconfig and see if there is anything unusual set to run there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just the normal

Ad-Watch 2007
    Ctfmon
    SiWake
    Zone alarm Security
    nod32 kui

Had to google how to fix the registry entries and exported a text file using regedit Everything working ok but keep getting this ?

Annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

... rather than any malware. My guess is that you corrupted something somewhere, including the error message. If the machine works OK apart from this, you're probably OK to ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's pretty annoying allright. Hope it works out. Did you try a system restore back as far as possible? What does the process list in Task Manager have for the window when it is open?

Yeah did a system restore after I had imported the registry in and it came up. Might try it again and see if it comes up

Cannot check task manager as this is the first screen I get when i turn on the PC

Yes it is annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

That sorta looks like that custom logon message thing.

Try this:
    Go into the registery (start, run, "regedit")
    Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE" , "Software", "Microsoft", "Windows NT", "CurrentVersion" then "WinLogon".
    There may be a key "LegalNoticeCaption" and "LegalNoticeText", that have these values from the window that appears at logon. Clear what text is in them, and see if that does the trick.

Don't ask me how it got there in the first place...

snappieT wrote:
    That sorta looks like that custom logon message thing.

Try this:
    Go into the registery (start, run, "regedit")
    Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE" , "Software", "Microsoft", "Windows NT", "CurrentVersion" then "WinLogon".
    There may be a key "LegalNoticeCaption" and "LegalNoticeText", that have these values from the window that appears at logon. Clear what text is in them, and see if that does the trick.

Don't ask me how it got there in the first place...

Tried this and there was nothing there going to try a system restore again and see what happens

Advertisement