Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for private party in city centre

Options
  • 15-06-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm turning 30 in a few weeks and was thinking of having a bit of a party. Has anyone any recommendations for anywhere in town?

Hopefully have about 30-40 people going and looking for somewhere that will do some finger food.

It'll be a Friday night so town shouldn't be too busy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

upstairs in Dolans? Late bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

upstairs in Dolans? Late bar too.
    Usually theres a band playing on Friday. Mojo's upstairs is usually good but you only have the room until 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not every friday though, would be worth checking out.

Downstairs in Isaacs Taylors? Late bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

might sound a bit odd but St. Mary's RFC at Grove Island (behind the Grove Island Leisure Centre) is having almost every weekend a communion or whatever party. they apparently have a late bar too (according the level of noise coming from there)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Upstairs in Riddlers. Good venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not too gone on Riddlers myself. I think you might as well take 40 people bush drinking as take them to Riddlers. The atmosphere can be good though.

Molly's have a party package and a function room on the 2nd floor which is fairly nice compared to the rest of the place. Definitely a late bar there and they've done finger food free for me before for bringing in a biggish group, because they're making the money back on drink. Kev is the name of the manager there

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My sister had her 21st in the Loche Bar. They have a private function room with it's own bar and supplied finger food and sandwiches, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Think Riddlers is much improved of late since the change of management in there. Jerry O Deas also have a decent sized function room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

You can hire out a section a Clohessy's as well (you know the area as you turn left or right after coming in the door?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

dellas1979 wrote:
    You can hire out a section a Clohessy's as well (you know the area as you turn left or right after coming in the door?)
    Ya i was at a 21st in there pretty good i must say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Would recommend Dolans upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

try the Locke, they often reserve areas for parties of 20 and over. they would do finger food. We had a few staff nights here. The guys liked it. The girls found it a bit boring and tame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Don't ya just hate it when we all work away with answers and the OP hasnt replied once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

1huge1 wrote:
    Don't ya just hate it when we all work away with answers and the OP hasnt replied once...

OMG I'm so sorry. Went to Clohessys great night. Pleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

ninty9er wrote:
    Molly's have a party package and a function room on the 2nd floor which is fairly nice compared to the rest of the place. Definitely a late bar there and they've done finger food free for me before for bringing in a biggish group, because they're making the money back on drink. Kev is the name of the manager there

Just curious why you seem to name drop in some of your posts? It was similar in one of the Ennis Road threads..

If I were to walk into Molly's and ask for Kev - and say that ninty9er from boards.ie said to talk to you would they know who I may be talking about? Maybe if I explained that he was the dude in young fianna with the little Calvin avatar that might make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Just curious why you seem to name drop in some of your posts? It was similar in one of the Ennis Road threads..

If I were to walk into Molly's and ask for Kev - and say that ninty9er from boards.ie said to talk to you would they know who I may be talking about? Maybe if I explained that he was the dude in young fianna with the little Calvin avatar that might make a difference?

I doubt he'd remember me, but I found him good to deal with so that's why I mention him by name. If someone is good at what they do they deserve some credit for it.

No particular personal knowledge of the person or anything

Advertisement